Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: What to use to Cleaning Road glide behind windshield and Rushmore hole etc.  (Read 6063 times)

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: What to use to Cleaning Road glide behind windshield and Rushmore hole etc.
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2019, 08:33:21 AM »

For those who want to use something on a stick to clean the vent, or any other hard to reach area, look into Wheel Woolie's. They make several different sizes and handle lengths and also offer different types of "woolie". They are made to not scratch and if spritzed with a detail type product will do a very nice job. I use them on Powder coated & chrome wheels to clean the barrel area on cars. Good product. Maybe cheaper places to buy them but Amazon has all the sizes.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
Re: What to use to Cleaning Road glide behind windshield and Rushmore hole etc.
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 10:45:40 AM »

Motel towels are usually cleaned with heavy bleach so maybe that helps cleaning  :huepfenlol2:

tphillips

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

Looking for ideas to clean these pain in the ass areas.  This is really a problem after hitting a large number of bugs.  What a mess.

Now they are dried and it looks like heck since I can not reach down to clean.

In addition to some good suggestions here, I've found that hydrogen peroxide, sprayed on the bugs and guts, fizzes them up and virtually dissolves them -- without harming paint or finish.  I carry a small spray bottle of the stuff with me and that is what I use first, then finish with detailer spray or Bug Slide.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE

Hate to disagree but I used to work for a company that made Hydrogen Peroxide and I promise continued usage will affect the paint. Modern clearcoat while being very good stuff just is not chemical resistant enough to ward off continued contact with peroxide.
But To each his own. All of the modern space age coating companies that make Ceramic paint coating have came out with bug removal products that spray on and wipe off. I have not tried one yet but I would think that would be a safer approach. CarPro, Gyeon they all have one.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 24 queries.