Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Dash Cover and a Windshield Bag  (Read 7866 times)

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE Red
Dash Cover and a Windshield Bag
« on: October 24, 2008, 01:29:05 PM »

I have a 06 FLHTCUSE and was wondering if it is possible to add a windshield bag to it without removing the dash cover???

Does anyone have one on their bike with a dash cover? What kind is it and were there issues with installing it?
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

Stingboy :}

• Gambling is illegal here at Bushwood sir...., and I never slice. Damn!!!!!!!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004 Pumpkin SEEG
    • CVO2: 2003 Anniversary Fatboy ( Non CVO)
Re: Dash Cover and a Windshield Bag
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 04:59:47 PM »

I have the 2 bag windshield bag from HD on my 08.  Tight fit , but it works.  I can get you pics and part # Monday when I pick it up from the shop.

Sting
/Users/Sting/Desktop/2008 Beaver Patriot/2008 Beaver Patriot Thunder.JPG

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 07:08:02 PM »

That would be Fantastic!!

I really want a Bag up there mainly because I wear glasses and need to switch between the riding glasses and non-riding.. It also would be nice for other things such as MP3 Player and garage door remote.

2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 12:08:54 AM »

I really want a Bag up there mainly because I wear glasses and need to switch between the riding glasses and non-riding.. It also would be nice for other things such as MP3 Player and garage door remote.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, didn't your bike come w/ a gargae door opener?
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 12:53:57 AM »

Be VERY careful about putting your glasses inside a pouch. They may scratch. Wrap them in a micro fiber towel first. Don't ask how I know.

Firechief2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCU3
    • Calgary Red Knights
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 01:54:48 PM »

I put HD's 3-compartment bag on my '08 SEUC - the install was "plug&play". I am getting some rubbing on the inside of my windshield but not bad. As mentioned previously - sunglasses scratch quickly when in the pouch. To prevent this I lined the inside of the center pouch with micro-fiber cloth.
Roy J
Past President Calgary Red Knights
Deputy Chief (retired) SFD

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 10:28:52 PM »

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, didn't your bike come w/ a gargae door opener?

It prolly did but I bought it used and was lucky to get the Gold (Brass) Key...  I'm the 3rd owner :confused5:
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 10:36:57 PM »

It prolly did but I bought it used and was lucky to get the Gold (Brass) Key...  I'm the 3rd owner :confused5:

The garage door transmitter will still be on the bike.  It's in the fairing.  Some garage door openers (though few) will work with it directly.  Try the training procedure for your receiver and see if it works. 

If it doesn't you can complete what's already in the bike with HD part # 91562-01.  That's a remote receiver you can attach to your garage door motor.  It's an easy hook up.  MSRP on the part is $70.00.  When it's all hooked up and working you can open the garage door just by rocking your headlights to high beam then low beam.  No more remotes to fish for.

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 10:58:02 PM »

I'll give it a shot. I have a Liftmaster with the "Purple Button" training mode.

I had the fairing open to replace the CB module as I think the finals were burned up. It sounded bad when I transmitted. It had some short aftermarket antennas on it. When I had the fairing open, I noticed a couple of connectors that were disconnected that came from the headlight. The reason I remember this so clearly, is cause the headlight wiring was the only thing attaching the outer fairing to the bike.  Possibly one of the previous owners removed the factory opener.
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 11:04:42 PM by Gamma742 »
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 11:24:20 PM »

I have thi son my 07, but it does not fit correctly I had to modify it a bit to make it work, but it rattles quite a bit.  The dash pad is the issue.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 09:21:22 PM »

The garage door transmitter will still be on the bike.  It's in the fairing.  Some garage door openers (though few) will work with it directly.  Try the training procedure for your receiver and see if it works. 

If it doesn't you can complete what's already in the bike with HD part # 91562-01.  That's a remote receiver you can attach to your garage door motor.  It's an easy hook up.  MSRP on the part is $70.00.  When it's all hooked up and working you can open the garage door just by rocking your headlights to high beam then low beam.  No more remotes to fish for.

You were right 8)

I split the fairing again to see after reviewing the Service Manual, it's there alright. Now i need to get the part you listed to complete the unit. Thank you soo much :2vrolijk_21:
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

Stingboy :}

• Gambling is illegal here at Bushwood sir...., and I never slice. Damn!!!!!!!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004 Pumpkin SEEG
    • CVO2: 2003 Anniversary Fatboy ( Non CVO)
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 08:32:48 AM »

Hey Gamma,

Sorry for the delay.  It has been crazy at work. Here is the part # 58928-08.  It works perfectly ( Although a little tight)

Here is the link to HD website

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448771303&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302286961&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302286961&bmUID=1225196951512&bmLocale=en_US

I will try and post pics tonight or you can PM me with your email and I will send some shots off my phone ASAP.

Sting
/Users/Sting/Desktop/2008 Beaver Patriot/2008 Beaver Patriot Thunder.JPG

REGGAB

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 10:11:48 PM »

I have a 06 FLHTCUSE and was wondering if it is possible to add a windshield bag to it without removing the dash cover???

Does anyone have one on their bike with a dash cover? What kind is it and were there issues with installing it?

I've seen it done, but it is a tight fit.......and seems like it would be the perfect setup for moisture retention, which would lead to mold between the dash pad and pouches.  JMHO.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 10:25:38 PM »

Had the three bag on my 02 Ultra.  Very useful bag, but rubbed the windshield.  I masked a line across the windshield about three inches above the bottom - used sandpaper to rough up the windshield - spray painted with flat black (two coats).  Looked great, but after a couple of years the bag rubbed holes in the paint.

I would be afraid that the bags would damage the dash pad.

So far, I have decided to do without the windshield bag on my 08
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 25 queries.