Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking at a older used CVO  (Read 2777 times)

cmashark

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHXSE
Looking at a older used CVO
« on: February 14, 2018, 12:59:47 PM »

So, I’ve been thinking about adding another bike to the stable and have found an 03 CVO RK, gold color, 33K miles. Mods look simple. Painted your pack and true duals. Aside from how it rides, sounds, and what tuner used (hopefully it’s tuned) anything else I should look for?  I haven’t seen it in person, but will this afternoon. I’ve wanted one of these gold RKs for a long time, but I want this to be a somewhat smart decision. Lol
Chris

2021 FLHXSE

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
    • CVO2: 2009 Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2003 Serk
Re: Looking at a older used CVO
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 01:06:27 PM »

I had one. Built the motor and upgraded the suspension and forks. The solid wheels were hard to keep looking good and gold is the hardest to shine. Handel bars where like driving a bus. I changed mine also and seat
. MHO, Id move on. Out of all my CVO's I put more money into that one and enjoyed it the least. Good luck.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 09:50:00 PM »

I’ve wanted one of these gold RKs for a long time, but I want this to be a somewhat smart decision. Lol

Then buy it. If you find out you don’t like it, sell it and get another bike. Those 103 CVOs are very good engines.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 10:34:14 PM »

So, I’ve been thinking about adding another bike to the stable and have found an 03 CVO RK, gold color, 33K miles. Mods look simple. Painted your pack and true duals. Aside from how it rides, sounds, and what tuner used (hopefully it’s tuned) anything else I should look for?  I haven’t seen it in person, but will this afternoon. I’ve wanted one of these gold RKs for a long time, but I want this to be a somewhat smart decision. Lol

Another bike; and have it be a somewhat smart choice?  C'mon my friend; those are contradictions in terms  :huepfenlol2: .

Hell, the first bike is rarely a smart choice.  Anything after that is just for the hell of it.  Unless you subscribe to the logic that you always need a second for when the first one is broken.  But if you believe that even the first one is never a smart choice!  :oops:

No one else's opinion matters.  Everyone else's tastes will differ from yours; even if only slightly.  So if you like it (and it won't piss off someone with the breasts in the family) then buy it and be happy.  :2vrolijk_21:

cmashark

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHXSE
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 11:16:52 PM »

Another bike; and have it be a somewhat smart choice?  C'mon my friend; those are contradictions in terms  :huepfenlol2: .

Hell, the first bike is rarely a smart choice.  Anything after that is just for the hell of it.  Unless you subscribe to the logic that you always need a second for when the first one is broken.  But if you believe that even the first one is never a smart choice!  :oops:

No one else's opinion matters.  Everyone else's tastes will differ from yours; even if only slightly.  So if you like it (and it won't piss off someone with the breasts in the family) then buy it and be happy.  :2vrolijk_21:

:D   I said somewhat smart. 

Anyways, the wife and I went and checked it out.  It wasn’t as nice in person, so we walked away.  I’m sure someone will buy it and love it.  It’s too bad, it could have been sweet for my trip to Milwaukee this summer or taking the wife out.  I guess I’ll just start getting the Breakout ready for a couple long trips and maybe a better seat for the wife.  :nixweiss:
Chris

2021 FLHXSE

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 11:20:28 PM »

:D   I said somewhat smart. 

Anyways, the wife and I went and checked it out.  It wasn’t as nice in person, so we walked away.  I’m sure someone will buy it and love it.  It’s too bad, it could have been sweet for my trip to Milwaukee this summer or taking the wife out.  I guess I’ll just start getting the Breakout ready for a couple long trips and maybe a better seat for the wife.  :nixweiss:

Sounds like a win-win.  Throw some love at the Breakout to make it an even better multi-use (and multi-ass) bike while still getting to keep an eye out for a better Road King option  :2vrolijk_21: .

I applaud your maturity.  We're guys.  We usually leave that outside the door when looking at motorcycles.  Fortunately I am very mature.  I would never consider a third motorcycle.  :-\

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 12:37:43 AM »

I would never consider a third motorcycle.  :-\
:zroflmao: :zroflmao:

I believed you from "I applaud" to "mature."  Then you broke the spell.
Well done.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.