Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Harley 120ST ??  (Read 27843 times)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Harley 120ST ??
« on: April 17, 2015, 09:41:43 PM »

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

tweeter13

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
Re: Harley 120ST ??
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 10:06:53 PM »

Well then I will add another one to the stable most likley.   
Todd
18 Monsterbrite led lights
Fullsac DX head pipe
Fullsac 2.25 baffles
TTS master-tune
George Anderson tourpac relocator

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 07:29:20 AM »

Looks like they changed the location of the CAT:

But Tony and his cronies in the Screamin’ Eagle department didn’t stop there. They also created a calibration for the 120ST and packed each muffler with catalytic converters instead of the headers to increase flow. “One of the key things of this performance exhaust system is that typically the Touring bikes come with the cat in the header system,” Tony states. “Well, you don’t get as good of flow with the cat in the header system—it’s somewhat restrictive—so what we did was put the cats in the mufflers, and they’re much bigger at the muffler. We also increased the inlet at the muffler so all of that combined creates much better flow but all still compliant.

Ummm...I wonder how quick the mufflers will be switched out.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 07:41:27 AM »

But Tony and his cronies in the Screamin’ Eagle department didn’t stop there. They also created a calibration for the 120ST and packed each muffler with catalytic converters instead of the headers to increase flow. “One of the key things of this performance exhaust system is that typically the Touring bikes come with the cat in the header system,” Tony states. “Well, you don’t get as good of flow with the cat in the header system—it’s somewhat restrictive—so what we did was put the cats in the mufflers, and they’re much bigger at the muffler. We also increased the inlet at the muffler so all of that combined creates much better flow but all still compliant.

At least you won't have to ditch the headpipe  :nixweiss:

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 09:34:07 AM »

I was at the dealer yesterday talking to a mechanic about this.....he said by doing this and something happens to the motor they will NOT honor the warranty.

He said it would be best to put your stock mufflers back on before you take it back. ;)

GSPLewie

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NE

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 - Big Red
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 03:21:45 PM »

They honor warranties now with non-stock head pipes and mufflers. That doesn't make much sense to me.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 07:11:51 PM »

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 07:28:48 PM »

Good catch!!

Many Thanks

Jerry
You're welcome Jerry. That's what this forum is all about (most of the time lol)

Jesse

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 07:43:48 PM »

You're welcome Jerry. That's what this forum is all about (most of the time lol)

Jesse

You are right!!

I hope you are getting some riding in now that the weather is better up your way. Too bad i didn't know you were down my way recently. But when you're here again (Jacksonville/Daytona) there's a free steak and some beers with your name on them.

Regards

Jerry

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 07:45:25 PM »

You are right!!

I hope you are getting some riding in now that the weather is better up your way. Too bad i didn't know you were down my way recently. But when you're here again (Jacksonville/Daytona) there's a free steak and some beers with your name on them.

Regards

Jerry
Appreciate that Jerry. I'll take you up on the steak but I'm gonna pass on the beers I've been without suds n such since 2012. How about some sweet tea?

Jesse

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 07:54:36 PM »

Appreciate that Jerry. I'll take you up on the steak but I'm gonna pass on the beers I've been without suds n such since 2012. How about some sweet tea?

Jesse

DONE!! 

Southern sweet tea is very popular down here. 

I happen to like Arnold Palmer tea. I first learned about it when I was doing consulting work in Chicago of all places.

Jerry

« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 09:30:48 PM by CVOStreetglide »

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 07:56:48 PM »

DONE!! 

Southern sweet tea is very popular down here. 

JerryI happen to like Arnold Palmer tea. I first learned about it when I was doing consulting work in Chicago of all places.

Sounds good. I won't make it back this year but I will be close. I am driving the wife and kids to Orange Beach, AL in June. Rented a condo on the beach  8) Right on the west side of the Florida border!

We plan to move to upcountry South Carolina in a couple years though so many Florida visits will be in our future, including bike trips!!!!

Jesse

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 08:16:11 PM »

Sounds good. I won't make it back this year but I will be close. I am driving the wife and kids to Orange Beach, AL in June. Rented a condo on the beach  8) Right on the west side of the Florida border!

We plan to move to upcountry South Carolina in a couple years though so many Florida visits will be in our future, including bike trips!!!!

Jesse

The beach sand down there and on the Florida Panhandle is like white sugar and very soft.

ENJOY YOURSELVES!!

Moving to South Carolina puts you within 3-4 hours from Florida when you are inclined to make the trip. That gives you access to the best both locations have to offer.

There are so many people here in Jacksonville that "winter" here and go to the Carolina mountains for much of the very hot summer to escape the heat.

Take care.

Jerry

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 08:20:14 PM »

The beach sand down there and on the Florida Panhandle is like white sugar and very soft.

ENJOY YOURSELVES!!

Moving to South Carolina puts you within 3-4 hours from Florida when you are inclined to make the trip. That gives you access to the best both locations have to offer.

There are so many people here in Jacksonville that "winter" here and go to the Carolina mountains for much of the very hot summer to escape the heat.

Take care.

Jerry

Jerry that is EXACTLY why we are moving there. When we retire we plan to spend a few months in south Florida and return to SC in the spring. We also thought that being 30 mins from the smokies and 3 hours from the Atlantic ocean as well as a half a days drive to Florida doesn't hurt either!

Jesse

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 08:37:06 PM »

Jerry that is EXACTLY why we are moving there. When we retire we plan to spend a few months in south Florida and return to SC in the spring. We also thought that being 30 mins from the smokies and 3 hours from the Atlantic ocean as well as a half a days drive to Florida doesn't hurt either!

Jesse

You figured it out already but be sure to consider declaring your Florida place as your Primry residence. NO STATE TAX AND NO ESTATE TAX EITHER unless you are ultra wealthy!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.