Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Crack Down On Novelty Motorcycle Helmets  (Read 21341 times)

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
Re: Crack Down On Novelty Motorcycle Helmets
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2015, 06:38:24 AM »

Wow - sounds like the best of both worlds... Generally speaking people here go to Florida in winter and stay home in warmer weather. I'm in Portland - let me know if you want to hook up for lunch or something while you're in state.

I am headed to Rochester NH early this Saturday morning (6-6)for a charity ride. The Madison Weeks run. Registration is 0900 at the American Legion Post 7 just outside of Rochester off Rt 202.

B B

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2015, 07:41:27 AM »

Hi carmine.  Can we safely assume you typed up that post after falling on your head wearing that novelty helmet?

Jerry ;)

My thoughts exactly good job Jerry that's too funny.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2015, 09:02:44 AM »

Mark, great invitation and talking points for a new member introduction! Well done, sir....
But I'm afraid Carmine probably doesn't remember much after he tested the novelty of his lid..
From the "sound" of it, he's likely staring at the microwave waiting for Wheel of Fortune to come on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I usually welcome folks in this manner when their first post, and sometimes only post, can be seen as confusing, inflammatory, combative, or baiting. A while back we had an issue with trollers looking to entertain themselves. Most trollers won't share info like that. Folks with genuine interest don't mind. This is one reason I like post counts.

I'm not saying Carmine is anything but a CVO owner who doesn't post often, hopefully he will return and become one of us and post up often.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2015, 09:16:05 AM »

Umm, maybe its just because I speak fluent sarcasm, but I'm thinking Carmine might have made an intentional and excellent point about the effectiveness of Novelty helmets and life afterwards.

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2015, 09:33:38 AM »

About 3yrs ago NC put fliers in motorcycle registration packs warning of a severe crackdown on novelty helmets. Everyone I know that wore them then, still do.......never a ticket to N E 1 I No
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2015, 09:56:57 AM »

About 3yrs ago NC put fliers in motorcycle registration packs warning of a severe crackdown on novelty helmets. Everyone I know that wore them then, still do.......never a ticket to N E 1 I No

This is where meeting someone in real life helps with communication on the internet. I had no problem deciphering the text above in blue. As a matter of fact I just had to look at the text and hear him say that in his own voice! Hey Jimmy come on up and let's go riding. Or I'll have no choice but to get on the bike and show up on your front lawn again!

Cam

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2015, 09:24:13 PM »

I love the 1960's and 70's style three quarter helmets. My favorite is my Daytona Cruiser with the Easy Rider graphic. It is my understanding that Fulmer made the original for the movie and still makes them today, but they don't do any internet sales. So does anyone live near a place that sells them? The Daytona is a nice small 3/4 helmet, no mushroom/Kazoo look at all, and they got the graphics right, but the stars and stripes are obviously stickers and only the blue is paint. Plus the strap was fraying after about two weeks. A shame, because it is such a comfortable helmet and it might be the only one that I've ever worn that looks half decent on my head, and it's cheap. If I can't get a Fulmer I might get two more Daytonas.
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

Honneybeast

• Full CVO Member
  • A cowboy from hell on a twisted trail
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2015, 10:34:31 PM »

I live in Missouri and am req to wear a helmet. I wear a ( skid lid ) novelty helmet and have been down at 117 mph with it, yes I was lucky but I believe when your time is up God will punch your ticket and there is nothing you or any government can do about. I will continue to wear my skid lid just to pacify the law, otherwise I wouldn't wear anything at all.

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2013 Road King
    • HVAC

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2015, 06:30:45 AM »

http://www.daytonahelmets.com/d.o.t.-approved-34-shell-helmets?rid=ppc&gclid=CPa_j7CA9cUCFQYzaQodFTkA7w
That's what I wear, but without the visor. I think I got a better price somewhere. I'd still like to find a Fulmer, though, but I haven't found a dealer yet, and they don't do internet sales. Sometimes you see an individual selling a used one on ebay, but not often.

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2015, 10:19:39 AM »

It's a bit of a ride for you Puma, but if you head out to Gettysburg Bike Week at all stop in New Oxford at Unique Cycles.  It's on Route 30 between York and Gettysburg.  They are a Fullmer dealer with in stock inventory.  They will ship as well, but its tough if you cant try it on for size.  A nice family run business too which is always a bonus.

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2015, 11:10:28 AM »

Thanks J-Carr. I will give them a call.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 24 queries.