Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Harley sales  (Read 18784 times)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
Re: Harley sales
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2016, 01:25:45 PM »

I think Ray Charles could see this coming!

Read on this forum and you find most the people who are here and have been for a while saying "no more NEW HD's for me"
Most here CAN afford to go in and throw down $45k for a new limited but are NOT willing too.
The product simply does not match the premium price tag.

Every now and then I get a weakness to just go get a new CVO... then the dealer says $15k for your trade in (2009 CVO ultra) and $40k+++ for the exact same model new.
Then reality... the new one will be about 30-40hp less than mine until I drop another $6k.  Add it up and in no time you are north of $50k

Granted the new one comes with all the new options....fairing mail slot, coolant leaking option, new stereo nav that I now here people complaining about and going back to their garmins.

?Not to worry though... you will still get the top of the line 110 motor and all of its uhhhh???....character
Well said mr Guppy :2vrolijk_21:

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2016, 02:17:44 PM »

You are so right Mr. gruppy  :2vrolijk_21:

Don't get me started on us doing the R&D for the MFG., we ride them , report a problem, they tell us it's normal, then they make a part # with an A,B or even C at the end of it.

The babyboomers are getting to old to buy bikes, we've bought our bikes. $300.00 oil changes claiming to check anywhere from 30-50 points?

Okay, i feel better now, of course this is just my opinion, I really do love to ride, there is nothing else (almost nothing else) like it. That open road when you crank the throttle, the wind in your face.

Live life to the fullest

Marty
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 02:26:48 PM by 110 Mofo »
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2016, 03:06:32 PM »

My next CVO will more than likely be used. When I was shopping for the '12....there wasn't much on the used market that piqued my interest......but, in the weeks following my purchase they were MANY!!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2016, 07:53:26 PM »

You are so right Mr. gruppy  :2vrolijk_21:

Don't get me started on us doing the R&D for the MFG., we ride them , report a problem, they tell us it's normal, then they make a part # with an A,B or even C at the end of it.

The babyboomers are getting to old to buy bikes, we've bought our bikes. $300.00 oil changes claiming to check anywhere from 30-50 points?

Okay, i feel better now, of course this is just my opinion, I really do love to ride, there is nothing else (almost nothing else) like it. That open road when you crank the throttle, the wind in your face.

Live life to the fullest

Marty

Thanks Marty
Actually you said it best...I love to ride my bikes but I am riding the R1200GSA a lot more than I ride the HD any more.  BUT!  I still like riding the HD!
Enjoy what you have!

JMO but HD is going to need to step up in the next few years or they are going to be in real trouble. 
A CVO with at least a 100hp to the rear wheel from the factory with a modern suspension would be a good start.
A buddy (has Harley tatt on arm) just traded his CVO for the BMW K1600. (160hp and Electronic suspension)  Never thought I would see the day.
Pay attention HD your losing more and more every day!!!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2016, 09:11:05 PM »

A buddy (has Harley tatt on arm) just traded his CVO for the BMW K1600. (160hp and Electronic suspension)  Never thought I would see the day.
Pay attention HD your losing more and more every day!!!

I did a demo ride on Sturgis last year on the K1600 GTL.  10K less than my 15 SERGU.  Out performed the Harley in every aspect, top speed, acceleration, stability, cornering, stoping and every other performance metric.  It only lost in two areas and both those are subjective.  Styling and comfort.  I asked two questions after the demo ride.  Where do you mount Hwy pegs, they laughed and said all you harley guys ask that.  There are some other companies that make them.  I also asked about changing handle bars, again they laughed and said no.

That said, I'm still really tempted.  Between my wife and I there are 5 Harleys in the garage, 3 are mine.  I have a Harley Tat......
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2016, 10:47:39 PM »

I just can't even entertain the idea of riding, much less owning, anything but a Harley-Davidson Motorcycle.  To me, there just ain't no other Motorcycle.  That's why I joined CVOHarley.com  It's about Harleys!  Now, if that rattles some cages.......mission accomplished.  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: Later--HUBBARD     
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2016, 07:46:44 AM »

glad you own a CVO now Hubbard.   :2vrolijk_21:

HD is losing long time loyal customers because of their own arrogance. There will not be a new HD in my future and it's not because this old white fat guy is past the prime riding age.  :drink:

Jaded

TN

Wut the hell was that maneuver

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2016, 09:43:49 AM »

My long haul over the road bike is a 2007 SEUC.  It took a lot of time and money to make it reliable enough to go cross country without worries, including replacing the 110 motor, which I did on my dime.  Many of the issues I had with this bike still exist today on the current offerings.  I am not going to start over with another bike...     :)
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2016, 10:53:00 AM »

I used to try different makes of automobiles once upon a time.  But then my wife and I didn't have a closetful of clothes, vests, and t-shirts that all said "Ford" or "Chevy", either.  Not to mention having a garage full of bar & shield accessories and decorations.  And then there's the boots and gloves and leather jackets to think about.  Those 200 t-shirts won't look near as cool if I'm riding on an Indian the next go-around.
The way Harley is going vs. Victory or Indian - or yes, even BMW, it makes me wonder what my next bike will be.  Like most of you, the idea of only getting $20k on trade for a bike I have $45-50k in, and then having to buy the new one that comes with a few new ideas on it just doesn't set well.  And look what the new ideas get you sometimes.  The infotainment center with it's upgrades that don't really solve all the issues.  A GPS system that lacks terribly.  Glare on the screen that could have been fixed during the "Rushed-more" days of fact finding.  Leaking coolant systems.  A stock brake lever that not only sucks, it's marginally dangerous.  Poor handlebar design and no factory change-outs for it (still), but boy have we got the different grips, floorboards, and engine covers!  Oh, and by the way, don't you think these new t-shirts are cool?
Yes, I should have bought HD stock when it was in the low $20's, but I'd have sold it by now, too.  They've got too many issues and don't seem really interested in what we have to say - in spite of the Rushmore idea that I don't think impressed a whole lotta people.
Don't get me wrong, I love my Harley, and have loved all of them in one way or another.  And not having one would suck big time.  Heck, I could still wear my old harley clothes, anyway!
But if the MoCo doesn't get their collective stuff together, they're going to continue to fall on black days.  They've got some serious competition now from not one but two other American brands.
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2016, 11:08:28 AM »

I have absolutely no regrets....no second thoughts about buying used this time around and buying from a private party rather than a stealership!  :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2016, 11:19:20 AM »

I have absolutely no regrets....no second thoughts about buying used this time around and buying from a private party rather than a stealership!  :2vrolijk_21:

That may just be the way to go next time around for us, JC.  Granted, you do have a much larger populated "shopping area" than I do.  There are probably less than a dozen CVO's in this part of the country!   :o
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2016, 12:06:49 PM »

Harry, I bought it from West Virginia......or as Hubbard would say... West By God Virginia.  :P 

Had to go all the way across the country to find a deal like that.  But for a deal like that.....I needed the long ride home.  :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2016, 03:16:52 PM »

One of the major problems I have, and keep hearing echoed here by so many is that HD dealers want to paint a picture that project Rushmore is a total revamp.  It is a glorious redefining of the touring models. 
And we all know the truth! 
Same shiddy suspension, lifters, compensators, performance, etc. 
I keep hearing an echo..."I have bought my last new Harley"
I don't know if I have...but

Things I do know:
1 85hp to the rear wheel means project bike 
2 Air shocks mean project bike
3 same failing compensator means project bike
4 same lifters means about 25000miles ticking time bomb = project bike
5 FOR SURE I would like to buy another new Harley!  But I certainly will not being paying new price for a project Harley.

Snapperkid

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2016, 05:35:03 PM »

Stopped in my dealer yesterday. They have bikes out the ass. At least 15 CVO's and still a couple of 15 CVO's. Must have 30 Ultra Limited's and a back room stuffed with new bikes. Don't feel right in there at all. I think anything over 35 for a CVO will stop the sales in their tracks. Proven right.
2015 Road Glide Special
2014 Honda Goldwing (When moma rides!)
2013 Breakout CVO (Bar Hopper)
2013 Road King CVO (Sold)
2009 Ultra CVO (Sold)
2011 Road King Custom (Sold)
2012 Road Glide CVO (Sold)
2012 Street Glide CVO (Sold)
2011 Street Glide (Sold)
2009 Street Glide (Sold)
2009 Road Glide (Sold)
2002 Road King (Sold)
1994 Softtail Springer (Sold)
1972 Harley (Can't Remember)

mark

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2016, 06:30:39 PM »

glad you own a CVO now Hubbard.   :2vrolijk_21:

HD is losing long time loyal customers because of their own arrogance. There will not be a new HD in my future and it's not because this old white fat guy is past the prime riding age.  :drink:

Jaded

TN
After 15 yrs of Harleys I just traded my 2010 SESG on a 2016 Indian Roadmaster.  Smoothest, best riding bike I've owned.  Lots of torque.  In 20 min I can remove lowers, pop off the quick detach trunk, lower the windshield, and add a solo seat for a "Street Glide" look.  Dealer went below MSRP, gave me more on my trade than HD quoted.  Chrome forks, real leather seats, TPMS, good suspension, low seat height, one fluid to change, adding stage 2 cams and labor for about $650.  HD...are you listening?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 21 queries.