Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Harley sales  (Read 18786 times)

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
Re: Harley sales
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2016, 08:25:17 PM »

After 15 yrs of Harleys I just traded my 2010 SESG on a 2016 Indian Roadmaster.  Smoothest, best riding bike I've owned.  Lots of torque.  In 20 min I can remove lowers, pop off the quick detach trunk, lower the windshield, and add a solo seat for a "Street Glide" look.  Dealer went below MSRP, gave me more on my trade than HD quoted.  Chrome forks, real leather seats, TPMS, good suspension, low seat height, one fluid to change, adding stage 2 cams and labor for about $650.  HD...are you listening?
Cool. Maybe you should start-up an indianroadmaster.com website!

mark

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2016, 08:58:33 PM »

I've already found one.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2016, 10:46:18 PM »

Hey what is the url? Maybe I will join... username "DownOnIndian" and talk about how great the new CVO's are!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2016, 11:00:55 PM »

After 15 yrs of Harleys I just traded my 2010 SESG on a 2016 Indian Roadmaster.  Smoothest, best riding bike I've owned.  Lots of torque. In 20 min I can remove lowers, pop off the quick detach trunk, lower the windshield, and add a solo seat for a "Street Glide" look.  Dealer went below MSRP, gave me more on my trade than HD quoted.  Chrome forks, real leather seats, TPMS, good suspension, low seat height, one fluid to change, adding stage 2 cams and labor for about $650.  HD...are you listening?

Rut-rohhhh.....don't go test ride a BMW or a Gold Wing.   :nervous:

Tried that substituting one for another.....years ago with both BMW and Honda.  Both great bikes but they're just not a Harley so the lifestyle doesn't go with it.  And before you ask....it's one of those things....if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.  But.......I think you're about to learn for yourself.  :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2016, 12:34:47 AM »

Hey what is the url? Maybe I will join... username "DownOnIndian" and talk about how great the new CVO's are!

That might be a short conversation.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2016, 02:06:09 AM »

:drink:  :drink:

Wut the hell was that maneuver

mark

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2016, 09:37:43 AM »

HighonHD, this is what I find so peculiar about this site - CVO owners can post about the myriad of problems they've experienced with their $40k toys and everyone is OK with that.  But let one person post they are leaving the fold, and a loyalist pounces on them.  CVO owners have expressed dissatisfaction over the last several years with issues ranging from excessive oil consumption, compensator problems, lifter failure, valve guides and seals, limited choices of tires, failing chrome, leaking coolant systems, infotainment center problems, cam chain tensioner issues, faulty paint, etc.  Many of the posts in this very thread indicate HD owners are "cooling" to the brand.   

I would have loved buying another HD, but I drew the line at spending $40k on a CVO, then worrying if the lifters will fail, etc.  I've had two CVOs...the first one was great, the second, not so much.  It's no coincidence that HD customer satisfaction is down, while at the same time sales are down and stock prices are falling.  I didn't leave HD, I felt they left me.  I babied my last CVO, but it still used 1 qt. of oil every 1,000...which the MoCo claimed was within specs.  Does anyone really believe that?  I may own a HD again, but for now I've found something else.  Competition is always good for the consumer - hopefully the MoCo will up their game.  Lastly, while antidotal, look at an Indian dealer's trade-ins and you'll see who the new Indian owners are...it's us.  HD better pay attention to the war drums.         

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2016, 12:35:59 PM »

Mark, I hope the Indian exceeds yer expectations, good luck with it and keep us apprised.   :2vrolijk_21:

TN

Wut the hell was that maneuver

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2016, 01:43:20 PM »

It's a "loyalty" thing to me.  I was brought up to "come home with who brung you."  I ain't never gonna' ride anything but a Harley......even ridin' bitch,  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:......if it ain't a Harley, I'll walk.  Don't care about any problems my Harley may have, either.  If something don't work, if something breaks, if the Motor blows, I'll fix it...if I can't fix it, I'll have it fixed.  The ONLY Motorcycle with any CLASS, is a Harley-Davidson.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2016, 03:24:44 PM »

And a good lesson it is! Wish I could say it like that :2vrolijk_21:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2016, 04:10:11 PM »

And maybe you could start up a "highonkoolaid" website.

Jerry ;)
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2016, 04:33:45 PM »

Jerry ;)
:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2016, 05:47:26 PM »

Jerry ;)
I know Jerry. You and Mark are the biggest lovers of all things Harley. NOT! I suppose since Harley still has around 50% market share (BTW I know a lot of companies would be pretty happy with that) there are quite a few of us so called "koolaid" drinkers. I just don't understand gripping and complaining about something. Better to do like Mark evidently has and just move on and get over it. Just me I guess.

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2016, 06:29:15 PM »

Harley sales

The title of this thread.

Not a thread to try and convince anyone to try, ride, or buy, any other brand but rather discuss sales.
I was a loyalist, own probably 50 Harley t shirts, garage is full of HD signs and crap, baseball hats, you name it....
Never thought I would replace my CVO with anything but another.

For me if I need to have the Harley badge on my tank in order to feel good about riding it.  Then I guess I will do what others here are saying and start fixing my current CVO with S&S
progressive and other aftermarket parts rather than buy new to be disappointed by the same well documented problems. 

Harley sales.

If I was a die hard Ford guy and they kept selling me the Pinto every year...well at some point even the die hards start to look elsewhere.  AND SOME WILL STILL BUY IT just because it says Ford.

We are a collective group who are WILLING to pay premium prices for Harleys top of the line motorcycles. 
I want another Harley but not another Pinto.

Harley sales.

Don't be offended if I guy comes here and says I bought brand X!  He owned a CVO!!!  AND HARLEY LOST HIS BUSINESS!
Can they earn it back...my guess is yes, in a minute, but not with the same weak product. 

Harley sales?

If any of the existing problems were not fixable with in the working profit margin of a $40k motorcycle I think we could, would understand.

Harley sales!!

If problems were not so often brushed of as "thats normal, they all do that" I think then there would be hope.

Harley sales??

No lesson here.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2016, 07:40:02 PM »

Well back in the day you would hear (and probably participate in) the usual two guys going back and forth with my chevy is better than your ford. The usual Found On Road Dead, or Fast On Race Day etc. If I was participating in such a friendly back and forth with a friend of mine (done that) and all of a sudden my friend with a Ford let's say comes back at me and says " Ford is a big POS", and continues on ad infinitum about what a piece of junk they are. Well you might guess that I would tell that friend he must have something loose upstairs! Fact is that doesn't happen, right? Except is does seem to be happening here. I think something else is involved. Must be. Who keeps a POS.

That's what confuses me. If I hated my Harley(s) half as much as Mark and Jerry seem to hate theirs it would be a goner! No question about it! Nothing to do with sales.

I ride for pleasure. If my bike broke down all the time when I want to ride it... not fun. Pretty simple. People don't buy something for pleasure (and keep it) if it does not provide pleasure. When I ride my Harley I have a perma-grin on my face, thus pleasure. Nothing to do with koolaid.

I therefore think (in my opinion) much of what is going on here on this website (as far as Harley bashing) has more to do with sour grapes for being priced out. That is the issue. If so, say that. That is understandable. That is a separate issue though from whether or not the bike is a good quality bike. No bike or automobile is perfect, otherwise they would not have warranties. No need.

Sorry I can not get it across as well as Hubbard, but in any case... there endeth the lesson.  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 21 queries.