Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Harley sales  (Read 18890 times)

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Harley sales
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2016, 01:01:35 PM »

HD 2016 P&L is crazy healthy. I understand that is not the overall sentiment of this thread but most public companies (especially public motorcycle companies) would kill for that P&L. No question MC sales are down this year across the board but investment wise though not sure it is sustainable, looks very good.

BMW Motorrad Achieves Record Sales in 2015

Byron Wilson | January 11, 2016
BMW Motorrad marked its fifth consecutive year of record-breaking sales in 2015, moving 136,963 units worldwide. That’s a 10.9% improvement over sales of motorcycles and maxi-scooters in 2014.

Performance was strong in the United States, BMW motorcycle sales rising 9.3% compared to 2014 numbers, reaching 16,330 units in 2015. The best-selling model for the Bavarian brand in 2015 was the S1000RR in the US, the model accounting for more than 13% of sales in the States. The R1200GS Adventure and R1200GS figured highly in BMW’s performance in America as well.

“New and loyal customers; a broad, continuously enhanced model lineup; a high-performing dealer network; and accolades from the motorcycle press contributed to record growth for BMW Motorcycles in the United States, BMW Motorrad’s strongest export market,” commented Kris Odwarka, Vice President, BMW Motorrad USA in a company press release.

One of the most popular models in December 2015 was the R nineT. BMW is hoping to increase sales further in 2016 with an expanding model base that includes the R nineT Scrambler along with its new entry-level G 310 R.

I was curious to that statement that MC sales are down.  This was the first thing that popped up when I searched BMW motorcycle sales.

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2016, 01:05:42 PM »

Another article.
MIC Reports Motorcycle Sales are Up Through June 2015

Byron Wilson | August 3, 2015
The Motorcycle Industry Council has released its sales figures through June 2015, and sales are up. Overall, total Motorcycle sales have reached 56,508 units for the month and are now at 277,336 units year-to-date. This represents a 7% increase compared to sales in June 2014 and a 5.1% increase compared to YTD figures recorded at this point last year.

The sales figures are determined based on the performance of MIC member manufacturers (BMW, Can-Am, Ducati, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Kawasaki, KTM, the Piaggio Group, Victory, Suzuki, Triumph and Yamaha).

The sales breakdown offers a look into different segments of the industry, and On-Highway motorcycles represent the largest portion of sales for the month, with 42,318 units delivered. YTD On-Highway motorcycles have reached 199,873 units, up 12.8% for the month and 7.2% for the year compared to 2014. The largest percentage increase in sales goes to the Dual segment, which grew 17.2% in June 2015 compared to the same month last year, with 4201 units sold. For the year, Dual segment motorcycles have reached 20,778 units sold, a 3.7% jump from YTD numbers in 2014 at the end of June.

Off-Highway motorcycles are down for June 2015 by 12.4% compared to June 2014, but YTD the segment is still up 3.1% compared to last year. Scooter sales are down for the month and YTD, below the June 2014 mark by 17.3% and 11.1% down for the year so far.

ATV figures are up, reaching a 10.7% increase for the month and a 1.7% increase in YTD numbers. UTV sales, however, are not represented in the report.

MIC June 2015

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2016, 02:26:48 PM »

Harley has done a fantastic job of image.
Lots of people felt they could be just like the Country music singer or the Rock star because "they have a Harley too" 
THAT crowd is gone, and never really, IMO, were part of this group here at CVO.  They were HD owners because it was "in style"

Baby Boomers are the loyalists.  Most don't pound their chest with "I own a Harley" to ride it 100 miles a year and then park it next to their Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic in the garage.
But there was a time when that mentality sold a bunch of HD's.

I am on the fence of baby boomers/gen X and I do like HD's. 
But mostly I like riding and the name on the tank is less important.  I think Gen Y is where HD is really going to have trouble. 

I want HD to make a bike for me to buy again, but for now it is a slap in the face to have some knucklehead at a dealer tell me how improved the project rushmore bikes are over my 2009.
I know better and so does everyone here!

My next new HD will have some sort of modern suspension (electronic, magnetic, even air with an on board compressor) and at least 100hp to the rear wheel.   I mean, is that asking too much?

Until then put me on this years "not buying list" for Harley sales. 

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2016, 03:02:39 PM »

Enough, already.  If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD 
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2016, 04:36:33 PM »

I was curious to that statement that MC sales are down.  This was the first thing that popped up when I searched BMW motorcycle sales.

USA MC sales are down presently from the peak years of 2000 through 2008.  Those years are also contributing to the glut of used bikes on the market.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2016, 09:12:10 PM »

Enough, already.  If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.   

That is the nail on the head Hubbard! 
Exactly spot on to how I feel. 

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2016, 08:45:50 PM »

I know Jerry. You and Mark are the biggest lovers of all things Harley. NOT! I suppose since Harley still has around 50% market share (BTW I know a lot of companies would be pretty happy with that) there are quite a few of us so called "koolaid" drinkers. I just don't understand gripping and complaining about something. Better to do like Mark evidently has and just move on and get over it. Just me I guess.

Harley keeps dropping market share.  Sure they have 50% or so, but its down, and trending that way.

Why?  Indian, and Victory are eating into it as are others.  Why?  Harley refuses to fix known mechanical problems, that repeat the selfs.

Everyone know harley lifters fail on the CVO's.  They failed on my 09 at 45K miles, a friends 14 with only 21K miles.  Compensator failed on my 09, my 12 and now on my 15.  I know another 15 SERGU that just had the motor replaced.

Pretty sad that the lifter and compensator issues have not been corrected by Harley in 6 or 7 years now.  They know of the issue, but they count on most people not riding them enough to have them fail under warranty or even in the 6 or more years they own the bike.

I personally love the Road Glide, I'm on my 3rd CVO road glide.  47K on one, 46K on one and 35,600 on my current 15.  I will most likely get a 17 CVO road glide if they make one.  However I will still bitch about all the thinks they do not have right.  And I will continue to enjoy riding the wheels off it.  I tend to find the flaws quick as I put 20K a year on my bike.

My 07 Impala, cost 1/2 the cost of my 15 CVO Road Glide ultra.  At over 140K miles not one failed component in the engine.  In fact not one warranty issue on the car.  Yet my CVO is in for its 5th warranty issue and also a failed engine component. 

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2016, 09:47:41 PM »

Local dealer just sent out a special e-newsletter with only one item in it: announcing special 2.99% financing.  Must be trying hard to move these.  See announcement below:

"To all our friends and customers,

We rarely send out an email with just one item in it, but this is worth it! We just were informed that Harley-Davidson is offering some incredible financing on select 2016 Touring Bikes, starting at

2.99% APR with nothing down!

Please read below for details. Other financing programs are available as well. Thanks for subscribing to our newsletter, and happy riding!

Now through June 30 only!

On  approved credit, Harley-Davidson® is offering 2.99% APR with no down payment on any new 2016 Street Glide® Special, Road Glide® Special, or Ultra Limited in stock. These are the best of the touring bike lineup, and now with the best financing we have seen in a long time. And we have OVER 40 of these models in stock!! See below for examples and details!"
If you want peace, prepare for war.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2016, 09:59:27 PM »

What happens on June 30th?   0% interest?  :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2016, 07:21:43 AM »

What happens on June 30th?   0% interest?  :nixweiss:

I think that is current interest in the 2016's...

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2016, 02:20:16 AM »

I think that is current interest in the 2016's...

:oops: :nixweiss:
Good one.
If you want peace, prepare for war.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.637 seconds with 22 queries.