Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: More sales trouble for Harley-Davidson  (Read 22341 times)

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
Re: More sales trouble for Harley-Davidson
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2009, 02:11:42 PM »

hog members in uk suffer 10% price hike in parts in accessories, the answer from one hog chapter is to stop buying parts and accessories for 12months period: Lets see what Moco do about it, for sucks sake we are in the biggest recession of this century and u dont fight your way out of by ripping off your values customers, with the dollar exchange rate uk members should get 50% reduction in the over inflated prices.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2009, 02:44:27 PM »

Well, here's the latest flyer from my local dealership.  Now they list discounts on the Touring models as well, and even on the 2009 CVO's.  Wasn't sure I'd ever see that, but I'm glad to see at least some dealers have finally gotten a clue that sticking to MSRP or above isn't a brilliant idea in the current market. 

Jerry

I agree.  It is easy to see in my area, I have four dealers with in 75 miles of my house.  Three are having troubles selling all their 09's.  The 4th, ran out of allotted 09's picked up 120 other 09's from other dealers to tide them over till the 10's came out.

This dealer also sold all his alloted SERGS with in four days of the announcment of the bike, and then has sold 4 more he got from other dealers.  He has also as of Aug 15th sold all his alloted 2010 SESG's.

I fully believe he does so much better is becuase of how he treats the customer, the fact back in 07 he was dealing on bikes. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2009, 02:50:05 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2009, 09:58:55 AM »

I'd have thought the recession would have increased customer service at the dealerships.  I know that there's one here in Sacramento that has closed one of his dealerships and customer service at the other has been on the down hill slide for the past couple of years. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2009, 10:51:29 AM »

I'd have thought the recession would have increased customer service at the dealerships.  I know that there's one here in Sacramento that has closed one of his dealerships and customer service at the other has been on the down hill slide for the past couple of years. :nixweiss:

Tell me about it... I was there a few weekends ago ready to spend some good money on engine parts. One guy at the parts counter, me second in line waiting for 15 Min's or so and the 'lone' parts guy was more interested swapping stories with another guy, not spending a dime' about their trip to Strugis. I finally turned to walk out, then the parts guy say's 'can i help you dude' I just ignored him walked out and doubt I'll ever step foot in the place again.  >:( Rode 35 miles north to Yuba Harley and when i got there the place was packed, some ride function going on. I thought 'oh boy' I'll be here all day. They had two guys manning the parts counter, i was like number 6 in line. I had my parts in my hand and out the door within 10 mins, All the while each parts guy managed to carry on 'bull chit' stories with their customers.   Not bad ' 'hey''''
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 10:58:59 AM by sportygordy »

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2009, 04:15:08 PM »

Tell me about it... I was there a few weekends ago ready to spend some good money on engine parts. One guy at the parts counter, me second in line waiting for 15 Min's or so and the 'lone' parts guy was more interested swapping stories with another guy, not spending a dime' about their trip to Strugis. I finally turned to walk out, then the parts guy say's 'can i help you dude' I just ignored him walked out and doubt I'll ever step foot in the place again.  >:( Rode 35 miles north to Yuba Harley and when i got there the place was packed, some ride function going on. I thought 'oh boy' I'll be here all day. They had two guys manning the parts counter, i was like number 6 in line. I had my parts in my hand and out the door within 10 mins, All the while each parts guy managed to carry on 'bull chit' stories with their customers.   Not bad ' 'hey''''
Sportygordy, can I ask you a question. The dealership that you drove to for 35 miles to get your parts do they sell at or above MSRP. I just wondering if riders a getting tired of above MSRP and if the poor service is related. Poor customer service comes from poor management and I;m thinking those dealership are above MSRP. Or maybe I wrong.  :nixweiss:
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2009, 04:35:11 PM »

:cherry:
The general mgr at my local dealership,  told me that HD was cutting way back on production to get (supply/demand) back where they would like to be.  They didn't like some of the extreme undercutting of MSRP and discounting practices that undermined their established "price points" :-\

Meantime,  he indicated much fewer CVOs as well as other models would be built.  The reduction and/or elimination of the production at the York facility would be transferred to a (right to work)........read "non-union" state most likely.  (I totally support that move as I CANNOT stand unions). >:(

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2009, 11:53:10 PM »

Sportygordy, can I ask you a question. The dealership that you drove to for 35 miles to get your parts do they sell at or above MSRP. I just wondering if riders a getting tired of above MSRP and if the poor service is related. Poor customer service comes from poor management and I;m thinking those dealership are above MSRP. Or maybe I wrong.  :nixweiss:

The folks at Yuba (Guideras Harley Davidson) defiantly sell at MSRP to customers within their zip code areas. I would be willing to bet they would sell MSRP to any zip code now days but i can't guarantee this. Sacramento Harley sale the popular models above MSRP. They also add doodads to most bikes as an excuse to jack-up price. Rocklin Harley sticks with MSRP but they do the doodad game on some bikes, they also markup outside their zip code. The only reason I went into Sacramento for parts was because the friend i was helping lives within a few miles of the place. I don't think i can ever remember having a good experience visiting Sacramento. Rocklin and Yuba treat customers really well and it may be because these dealerships are both family owned (brothers) and the Guideras just seem to be good folks,, with the exception of the jerk (spoiled son) that drag races NHRA for Rocklin.  :P
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:55:25 PM by sportygordy »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2009, 09:54:49 AM »

Sportygordy, can I ask you a question. The dealership that you drove to for 35 miles to get your parts do they sell at or above MSRP. I just wondering if riders a getting tired of above MSRP and if the poor service is related. Poor customer service comes from poor management and I;m thinking those dealership are above MSRP. Or maybe I wrong.  :nixweiss:

The dealership that Sportygordy and I are referring to has sold at MSRP for twenty five years, that I know of.  I've bought many bikes there over the years.  It's had three different owners in that time frame.  It's this last one that has shaken everthing up and customer service in the toilet. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2009, 03:21:45 AM »

CVO`s just dont sell well in Switzerland, its open house this weekend @ the dealerships, all have cvo bikes on the shop foor. At one dealer there was 6 CVO`s   lined up at the main entrance with a large sign  

"eiskalt  preise offers on all o8 09 CVO bikes"     SERG  SEUC  fat bobs  
i havent seen any springers yet but am visiting another 2 shops 2day......

Update after todays 2dealer run around i found two 09 springers yellow n blue  a used 07 yellow and more used cvo ultra and a silver 103ci fat boy.........
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 09:43:30 AM by ice6900 »

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2009, 10:56:29 AM »

"eiskalt  preise offers"    :nixweiss:

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2009, 12:49:47 PM »

"eiskalt  preise offers"    :nixweiss:

literal translation means "ice cold price offers"   which in english would read "red hot discounts"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.