Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Family Feud: American Chopper's Paul Teutel Sr. reportedly sues Paul Jr.  (Read 37203 times)

southtxcruiser

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 1990 Heritage Softail
    • CVO3: 2005 Saxon Sceptre

its all about the $$$$$$$$$ no longer about the bikes....the end is near for them...

ridefar

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I heard that they sold the rights to use their name and likeness several years ago for $63,000,000. You know how you see OCC stuff in china-Mart and every crap store in resort areas. If anybody could do it it would be them, but it would be awful hard to piss away that much money! Local goof ball is driving an OCC edition Ford F-250 PU. Not sure if FOMOCO or aftermarket, but it sure makes me jealous.  :D

bknerr

• Full CVO Member

i got to talk to vinny in myrtle just after he left occ. i asked him if the arguments were staged or blown up for tv, he said it`s real and sr. is a bigger jerk
than it showed. no way i could ride their crap, can`t even watch the show.
1963 flh
1974 fxe

2003 flhrc
2008 flhtcuse3

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG

i got to talk to vinny in myrtle just after he left occ. i asked him if the arguments were staged or blown up for tv, he said it`s real and sr. is a bigger jerk
than it showed. no way i could ride their crap, can`t even watch the show.

If HBO did there homework it would have been the Arlen and Cory show. The Ness family really seem to get along well and they could have had guest appearances with the Hamsters, who as a group, pretty much defined the chopper movement in the US for the past several decades.
Paul Sr. and Jesse should just be footnotes to the real story of the custom bike scene in this country.   Doc

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!

The chopper market is drying up fast! The fad is over and everybody is getting into custom baggers. Go figure! Just cause it cost $50k don't make it a good ride. Mostly for Posers these days. Back in the day you didn't buy a chopper you built one. People really lost the whole point. You build something big and different than everybody else. I will be supprised if Big Dog makes thru the year, OCC your going down along with all the others! Are you listening Russell Mitchell. Hope he didn't burn all his modeling contacts  :pepper:

Chopper forever!  :2vrolijk_21:

Chopper shops building $50k Choppers!  :vrolijk17: Get em outta here!!!! :nixweiss:

Nicely put fr!!! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

FTOCC!!! ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)

Doc you got it right! Arlen Ness is the one. He is also a real gentlemen. I used to go to the shop when they were in San Leandro. I told him his prices were too high for me and they gave me 20% off on a bunch of Chrome billet for my FXR. I alway talk to Arlen when I see him and he is always available and friendly. We saw him last at 2006 Sturgis and he was with a large group. He left them to come over and say hello to us. Made me feel pretty Good you know. Arlen was building cool choppers long before any of these others around. I would love to have a Y2K frame and build something fast.  :2vrolijk_21: The Ness family is a class act IMO  :bananarock:
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316

:2vrolijk_21: The Ness family is a class act IMO  :bananarock:

Then why are they so attached to Victory?

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)

I imagine for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$  :nixweiss: I think Arlen has probably done everything you could think of as far as customizing a Harley to the very extreme. That don't make you a bad person just because you aspire to make your empire great! From the looks of the new building they are in I think he succeeded. Yes maybe a bit of a sellout!  :confused5: I personally don't care how many Ness parts you put on a Victory the motor is still Fugly!

And at least Arlen is not a flaming arshole like SR. from OCC  :bananarock:
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

Raptor

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 03 SE Deuce (Gold), 09 SERG (Orange)
    • CVO2: 11.5 SEUC (Blue), CVO4: 12 SESG (Hot C.)
    • CVO3: 14 FLHTK PO, 17 FLHXS

Tell me a bike builder worth anything that would turn down a deal with a tried & true company (Polaris/Victory) that wants to try and make it in the American bike business, and give you free reign and a big $ R & D team to help you try your ideas.  Very little risk and all the reward! 8) Ness is a smart man.

Raptor
I don't care if I die with the most toys....  I just want to play with as many as I can before I go!

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

I've had the same experiences with Arlen and his wife while visiting Sturgis and the Redwood Run...always a class act and they always ride their bikes to and from the events no matter how radical. Victory asked for his help and he and Cory have helped turn that company around. He and his buddies (Hamsters) have been very successful by building an after market empire around Harley's blunders. The MoCo is just job security to them. ;D    Doc

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold

A totally screwed up family .  Jr. should sell his shares and watch as it all comes tumbling down .  The chopper fad is over, and with the economy the way it is , nobody in thier right mind would buy thier pathetic crap.

+1 on The Ness family by the way .. Arlen is a gentleman and they are all class acts.
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010

When I saw people having to buy a product of theirs in order to get an autograph, I was done.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living

They have become a big fu#$ing joke.

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

Yep, I think it's funny.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

Gank

• Senior CVO Member
  • Im from HQ, Im here to help :D

not a chopper guy, I dont understand them.  I watched thier show a couple of times...as well as the Custom Car builder guys show... common thread.  Not enough time to build quality...

I would cringe thinking someone paid over $60 K for a bike thrown together and having so many fit and finish issues... then producing a bike that yeah looked neat... but could you actually ride it? 

Except for the paint, most of thier bikes are just parts thrown together with a trick gas cap... no new change in design nothing that is bleeding edge... it reminds me of the old Heath Kit radios... a box of parts that makes something
To Libs and NDP
"If we are not willing to commit our military when asked by the United Nations, for a NATO mission, in a country whose elected government wants us and whose citizens need us, then when would Canada be prepared to do so?"

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson

not a chopper guy, I dont understand them.  I watched thier show a couple of times...as well as the Custom Car builder guys show... common thread.  Not enough time to build quality...

I would cringe thinking someone paid over $60 K for a bike thrown together and having so many fit and finish issues... then producing a bike that yeah looked neat... but could you actually ride it

Except for the paint, most of thier bikes are just parts thrown together with a trick gas cap... no new change in design nothing that is bleeding edge... it reminds me of the old Heath Kit radios... a box of parts that makes something

Even they couldn't! In more than 1 show years ago I spotted a 2005 Cherry and Banana in the background. On one show SR. was riding the Banana! To me their bikes were just not my style, I like to ride further than the bar.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 21 queries.