Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Author Topic: Family Feud: American Chopper's Paul Teutel Sr. reportedly sues Paul Jr.  (Read 37269 times)

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
Re: Family Feud: American Chopper's Paul Teutel Sr. reportedly sues Paul Jr.
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2011, 11:21:57 AM »

I guess I look at the show different than most.  Having 4 boys of my own ages 37 to 30, I make sure I tell them I love them rather than to tell them that they are idiots.  Like it or not the show has made role models of the father and his son's. We throw hugs at each other not chairs and insults.  Hopefully people will look at the show with disgust and step up to the plate and try to be father of the year rather than OCC assxole of the year.  I have seen roid rage on a number of guys and I would bet the farm the old man is dealing with it.  As far as the contents of the show, real or fake how many could function under those conditions. 

If you do the exact opposite that the show is trying to represent you should do OK.  Treat your family and associates with respect, bring class and quality of workmanship into everything you work on. Yup they set up a good blue print of what not to do.  Come to think of it I can't remember the last time I have raised my voice to any family member.

Even if a tiny amount is true on the show no one should have to take that kind of crap to earn a living.  When my boys see the show they classify it like the like the 3 stooges, WWE wrestling etc.  What a shame it would be if something tragic happens before things can be corrected in that disfunctional family.  Been there -done that, doesn't matter what side you are on.

It's a Ying and Yang thing.

Ray G.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2011, 01:32:26 PM »

I didn't think about getting a picture of Angie sitting on my head. 

:jack:

Yeah.  I want to see the Show when Michael finds out Ol' Jessee has been cucklin' him.  ;) That will be Big!  Later--HUBBARD 
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

kravmaga

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2011, 12:53:56 AM »

Angie and Michael are going to be at the Wide Open bike show in KC this weekend along with Flaunt.  I think I'll miss it.

kn

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2011, 01:11:15 PM »

Back to the Teutel family. Nobody's posting anything about Mikey. I think I'd have quit watching the show after the orginal 3rd episode if not for Mikey. Back then when they were building one bike at a time in the basement of (? was it the OC Iron Works ?)  they used crescent wrenches to tighter the fork tube plugs and really dumbass shade tree mechanic stuff like that. Add to that the old man's (I still say roids) rages and there wasn't a whole lot of reason to want to watch. But Mickey became sort of like Curly to Moe and whereas Moe might have come off as being mean without Curly, Sr seemed more the buffoon because Mikey didn't take anything that went on around him (or himself) seriously. I never knew and still don't, how much of Mikey's DILIGAF attitude is real and how much is posed for the show, but it was the reason I stuck around to watch - - although I HAD to have the remote in my hand so I could mute the sound when Sr was off on one of his roid rages. I think one of the things I watch now is seeing what happened to Mikey and if he's gonna get his act together somehow. They talk about him being an addict and going through rehab but what did we ever see of addictive behavoir ? That never made the show. He missed work or dragged in late but you never saw the kind of behavoir you read about with the Hollywood set. I know, I suppose this sounds like I need to get a life of my own. Truth is, I have a life of my own and it's pretty good. I often think I watch this show so I can be content and happy that my own life is not totally effed up like these people. Oh sure, I'd love to have the money, the cars, the bikes and all, but not at the expense of being in the middle of a family situation like what these people are.

B B

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2011, 01:10:08 AM »

I gave up on that show,, that family is screwed up..... Jr. is disrespectful, Sr. is simply an a-hole,, and Mickey is a lonnie tic...
JMO folks - we all have them.. I'd like to see Discovery do what they were doing before they found American Chopper.. Make the rounds, go find another builder each season.... Let's see what Americas got...  :2vrolijk_21:

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2011, 11:47:48 AM »

Kind of lost interest in the show but still watch on occasion. Too much BS.

But - the OCC management is putting some money where the mouths are.

OCC is one of the key sponsors for the IAFF National Rally this year. IAFF= International Association of Fire Fighters.

The rally is in conjunction with the 10th anniversary of 9-11 and is headquartered in Newburgh NY over that weekend.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2011, 12:31:10 PM »

Kind of lost interest in the show but still watch on occasion. Too much BS.

But - the OCC management is putting some money where the mouths are.

OCC is one of the key sponsors for the IAFF National Rally this year. IAFF= International Association of Fire Fighters.

The rally is in conjunction with the 10th anniversary of 9-11 and is headquartered in Newburgh NY over that weekend.

The dicthomy in Sr is that he has always had a soft heart for charity. OCC donates to many good causes. Sr's respect for Verterans and MIA is especially real. In a weird way, he is two personalities and I think you see them individually in two of his three sons, with one being Mikey and the other Jr. No idea what son #3 that bought out Orange County Iron Works is like. Weird, but I have to say that some of the newer reality shows are either terrible or sad. American Pickers grew boring after about 6 episodes, Storage Wars didn't even interest me beyond two shows and the clones of it are even worse.  So far I have no found an individual to like on Gold Rush. The new Pawn show about a family run place in Detroit is just sad in how desperate most folks coming into the store are. Pawn Stars is good most of the time. They play off some of the dymanic of American Chopper with some tension between Rick and Corey with the Old Man the foil and Chumlee the fool. You don't get the feeling the people coming in the store need the money to buy food - - mostly just to go back to the slots. There was one Repo Show that was just awful in that the people were so unlikeable. I forget the name of it but they should have called it Ugly Mama Repo with poser tough guy white boy. Big, bad and bald enforcer type went down like a sack of flower with one punch from a guy 1/2 his size - - hmmmmmmm, that one episode was funny if for no reason all that that. I saw a new one this week that might work out "All Jacked Up" Another repo show about a business called Lizard Lick. They come and get whatever it is you haven't paid on fight with you, get shot at, mostly laugh about it and from the way the show is edited you get the feeling they keep the cops out of it. Even the guy poppin off his shotgun didn't get arrested. The owner's wife, (not a big girl either) took this big redneck down to the ground after he shoved her. Score one for women who won't allow themselves to be pushed around  YAY   Anyway, I think you have to say that while Survivor is the granddaddy of reality shows, American Chopper was the one that pushed the whole genre into 6th gear. That alone makes it worth watching itgo through it's death rattle

B B
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 01:45:07 PM by Spiderman »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2011, 07:27:59 PM »

Lizard Lick, NC is a cross road community about 40 miles from me and according to a guy I know that lives there, they're not 'acting'.  :oops: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2011, 01:38:51 PM »

I'm not sure how long it will last but "Cafe Racer" on Discovery has been a fun one to watch. I didn't know the history behind that it until now and looks like it may become the next big bike build trend here soon.  Doc

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2011, 01:40:40 PM »

Lizard Lick, NC is a cross road community about 40 miles from me and according to a guy I know that lives there, they're not 'acting'.  :oops: spyder

My sense was that they weren't acting Spyduh so thank you for the confirmation. I will enjoy the show even more - - - especially that kick ass young lady who runs the office. She's a pistol for sure.

B B

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2011, 01:43:18 PM »

I'm not sure how long it will last but "Cafe Racer" on Discovery has been a fun one to watch. I didn't know the history behind that it until now and looks like it may become the next big bike build trend here soon.  Doc

So what say you and I start scouring junkyards, buy a bunch of old hand me down Honda 750's, trampled down Triumphs, bashed up BSA,no account Nortons and get to work Lou ? There's got to be a bazillion of these kinds of bikes layin around in the motorcycle graveyards of SoCal.

B B

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2011, 01:57:19 PM »

...or open up a Ace Cafe and cash in on the trend for a few years. There are a lot of Rockers and Mods in SoCal and it would be a nice to see some home made stuff instead of the usual billet barges for a change.  Lou

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2011, 09:10:33 PM »

I am so done with the Teutel's and the show and anything to do with them. No matter what Jr. should RESPECT his father. Some of there crap seemed scripted to me anyway. Rick and Vinnie were the real "bike builders" at the shop IMO.   
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

kravmaga

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2011, 12:01:32 AM »

No matter what is said or done on TV, it is a work.

2 bb

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2011, 02:18:10 PM »

Sorry, just can't help watching this train wreck. Last night's episode had Sr suing Jr (again) this time for hiring a former employee who had signed a non compete/non disclose contract with OCC. Thank god for the mute button on my remote as every shot of Sr had him whining to somebody about Jr. For the most part, Jr seems determined to get on with his life. The interesting thing was the preview of next week's show has OCC facing foreclosure on their mult-million dollar facility. With the exception of criminals, especially child molesters and women beaters,  I don't normally wish anyone ill. What goes around comes around in this life, but if ever a business (built totally on the power of media hype) deserved to go belly up, it's OCC. I have never heard of nor seen an OCC bike in daily use that wasn't a complete POS. And from what I understand, the cheapest of their bikes runs about $60k with these one off customs we see on the show every week pushing $200k (or more as in the electric bike) Anyway, if they go belly up,  I would feel sorry for some of the employees, but as the economy recovers, I think most would find jobs in the industry elsewhere. Overall, there's a pretty decent and talented group of folks working there.

B B

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Page created in 0.26 seconds with 22 queries.