Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10 [All]

Author Topic: Sr. of OCC in the news again!  (Read 49320 times)

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
Sr. of OCC in the news again!
« on: February 09, 2011, 01:43:41 PM »

The Dumb just keep getting Dumber!

Reprint from Dealer News:

Publish date: Feb 7, 2011

Orange County Choppers founder Paul Teutul Sr. has been named among a handful of luminaries identified as customers in an East Coast steroids case.
Business records quoted in the Albany Times Union indicate Teutul Sr. got steroids from James M. D'Amico, a dentist from Cape Coral, Fla., who had a revoked dental license when he was prescribing powerful drugs to patients he'd never met, including pro athletes. D’Amico pleaded guilty to some charges in the case.
The case, prosecuted in South Florida, has ties to a steroids-distribution investigation launched four years ago in Albany, the newspaper reported.
The records indicate Teutul, 61, received dozens of prescriptions for steroids and human growth hormone authorized by D'Amico and three other Florida physicians over a four-year period ending in 2005.

A person who identified himself as Teutul at a cellular telephone number listed for him in the business records referred the call to Steve Moreau, a manager at OCC.
"Honestly, really, I couldn't do this even if it was about chewing bubble gum," Teutul told the newspaper in response to questions about steroids and D'Amico. "Everything has procedure. Call the shop."

Business records show Teutul received 73 prescriptions at a cost of $51,784.78 between Aug. 2, 2002 and Oct. 3, 2006. D'Amico's name is listed on 11 prescriptions that records indicate were shipped to Teutul in New York.

The prescriptions included human growth hormone and steroids such as testosterone, nandrolone and stanozolol, the records show.
Read the complete story in the Albany Times Union.

The "TAZMUN"

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
Re: Sr. of OCC in the news again!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 01:51:16 PM »

Lot of folks on this site and others have been saying for years the guy's rants were Rhoid Rage - - -guess this proves it. Also goes a long way toward explaining his heart problems.

B B

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 02:51:23 PM »

Lot of folks on this site and others have been saying for years the guy's rants were Rhoid Rage - - -guess this proves it. Also goes a long way toward explaining his heart problems.

B B

Yep, bet that's why he goes off the deep end all the time.

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 03:08:52 PM »

As someone who spends a lot of time in the gym, I've often wondered how a ~60 year old fellow can gain that much muscle when I see atheletes and people in general unable to accomplish it. ???  Now I know.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 03:58:53 PM »

You mean he doesn't have a temper.. no.. Not Paul Sr.... :stars: and no the steroids don't have anything to do with it.. no.. not Paul Sr.. he is a nice man...   :puke:

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 04:06:19 PM »

I guess I'm a real ass, I have a temper and don't use steroids.     :oops:

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 04:26:33 PM »

Business records show Teutul received 73 prescriptions at a cost of $51,784.78 between Aug. 2, 2002 and Oct. 3, 2006. D'Amico's name is listed on 11 prescriptions that records indicate were shipped to Teutul in New York.

Wow that is more then $1,000/month for roid rage.  :nervous: :bigcry: :rolleyes4:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 05:07:40 PM »

Anyone know what Rhoid withdrawal is like ?

Like would it make a guy sue his own son on one hand and then send him a picture of the two of them supposedly as a kind gesture ?

B B

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
    • CVO2: 2009 Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2003 Serk
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 05:28:29 PM »

I thought Senior has/ had a bad back. Could be a reason to start. Many people start to try to heal injuries.I would think that if he was hitting the weights and steriods he would be more cut than that...I would have put my foot up Pauly's axx long ago if he was my son. Get your axx out of bed and get to work on time. And put in a full day of it.  :soapbox: 8)

RedBone

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE Copper Canyon
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 06:09:22 PM »

Hes got the rhoid jaw and attitude typical

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 06:45:02 PM »

Not to start an argument with anyone on Sr vs Jr , but my take on the work ethic issue is that an awful lot of time went into all of the promotional things that Sr, Jr and Mikey did once the whole OCC thing took off like a rocket. Sr seems to expect people to put in 16hr days and weekends because that's what he did to become successful at Orange County Ironworks. Like Boyd Coddington,(who hated Chip Foose by the way for striking out on his own)  he didn't seem to understand that an employee might actually want to spend some downtime with his family. One thing that came up recently was Mikey's contribution to the success of the TV Show - - American Chopper. From the standpoint of putting in a full day of work at OCC, obviously Mikey as portrayed on the show was a non-starter, but without him, the show would have been unwatchable. He was Laurel to Sr and Jr's Hardy, Costello to Sr and Jr's Abbott. At the end of the day, none of us know anything about the lives of these people beyond what has been shown on American Chopper and various media outlets. Going from that, it would appear that Sr never quite understood the concept of Jr as a designer (until this past Monday) and promoter of the business just as Jr never understood that Sr's job was to keep the ball rolling whether by whip or by carrot. I think when all is said and done, Jr's new business may be successful if for no other reason than he's back where OCC started. OCC in my opinion is about to collapse under the shear weight of itself. Whether they re-fi their World HQ mortgage or not, given the amount of captial expenditures over the past few years, it would seem they'd have to be producing several thousand motorcycles per year. I've said it before. I've seen two on the streets since 1st hearing of them back in 02.

B B
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 10:01:58 PM by Spiderman »

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 06:46:33 PM »

I met senior yesterday - he doesn't look so good.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 06:47:38 PM »

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

MV 2013

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 06:48:59 PM »

I met senior yesterday - he doesn't look so good.

Finally some real 1sthand info and you leave us hanging - - come-on dude, talk !

B B

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 09:07:45 PM »

As someone who is involved in the pharmaceutical drug industry and is exposed to it's effects I can tell you that rage is real on a large number of levels.  The potential drug in question is a "Controlled Substance" for a reason.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 09:37:30 PM »

The Florida AG has been investigating some south Florida "pill mills" & they are beginning to bust some docs & clinics.  Our leg is supposed to be passing some laws to help prevent this sort of crap.  Will be more of this stuff coming out & may be other recognizable names busted.

That Teutal had roid rage is not a surprise to anyone who reads the threads here.  Unless he is just a natural born asshole, & would not rule that out either.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 09:59:32 PM »

Isn't that stuff supposed to make your dick shrivel up and fall off?  Maybe Sr. is just overcompensating...  ???

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 10:07:45 PM »

Isn't that stuff supposed to make your dick shrivel up and fall off?  Maybe Sr. is just overcompensating...  ???

Destroys your heart, liver, kidneys, raises your testosterone level off the charts while having the reverse effect on libido, causes hair loss and violent fits of temper. Also seems to cause irregular bone growth. If you look at Hulk Hogan as Thunderlips in Rocky III (?) check out his jawline as compared to today. The drug was brought to the market as a way to facilitate muscle growth following an injury. Perhaps the most famous athelete to fall into this catagory was the Boz (Brian Bosworth) While a student at OU, Bosworth was injured and OU team physicians prescribed anaboloic steroids to hasten the healing process. That was a long time ago and well before the downside of steroid abuse became achingly clear with the death of former Raider's madman Lyle Alzado. Also CA's Governator traces his heart issues to using steroids during his Mr Olympia days. In any event, this information if true and now being public, certainly will give Jr a leg up in the ongoing lawsuit saga between he and his father

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 10:11:51 PM »

Destroys your heart, liver, kidneys, raises your testosterone level off the charts while having the reverse effect on libido, causes hair loss and violent fits of temper. Also seems to cause irregular bone growth. If you look at Hulk Hogan as Thunderlips in Rocky III (?) check out his jawline as compared to today. The drug was brought to the market as a way to facilitate muscle growth following an injury. Perhaps the most famous athelete to fall into this catagory was the Boz (Brian Bosworth) While a student at OU, Bosworth was injured and OU team physicians prescribed anaboloic steroids to hasten the healing process. That was a long time ago and well before the downside of steroid abuse became achingly clear with the death of former Raider's madman Lyle Alzado. Also CA's Governator traces his heart issues to using steroids during his Mr Olympia days. In any event, this information if true and now being public, certainly will give Jr a leg up in the ongoing lawsuit saga between he and his father

B B

That's interesting Brian.  Thanks for the background and info.  Never knew how much of the myth and saga in the news cycles was real or hyperbole and never had a good reason to find out.  

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 10:45:39 PM »

The Florida AG has been investigating some south Florida "pill mills" & they are beginning to bust some docs & clinics.  Our leg is supposed to be passing some laws to help prevent this sort of crap.  Will be more of this stuff coming out & may be other recognizable names busted.

That Teutal had roid rage is not a surprise to anyone who reads the threads here.  Unless he is just a natural born asshole, & would not rule that out either.

It's been performed and move to Georgia for the time being...Docs and Clinics popping up everwhere...being busted too quick...pharmacies not filled the Rxs....was in an account today and a patient when ape chit when they told him that he could not get his Rx filled there...they people pay a price to get the script and then must know were to go to get it filled...

It's BAD and I see it everyday...very sad...

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2011, 10:50:33 PM »

Destroys your heart, liver, kidneys, raises your testosterone level off the charts while having the reverse effect on libido, causes hair loss and violent fits of temper. Also seems to cause irregular bone growth.
B B

Based upon the information we have available this is true...hence why it is a controlled substance and under close review...

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 05:34:52 AM »

Hey Bob you with a temper......... :zroflmao: :bomb2:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 11:04:33 AM »

well he must be off the juice now cause he's looking bad

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 12:45:36 PM »

Can anyone who's ever seen a "production" OCC motorcycle please post here ? I'd like to see if other folks have the same "where are all the bikes" experience as I have had. I'm not talking the Theme Bikes they build on the show, I'm speaking to customs that folks order up as well as their so called standard production models.  I think it'd be interesting given the huge membership of this website to see how many we can count up. I am truly wondering if their entire multi-million dollar empire is built solely on merchandising promoted by the popularity of the TV show with the non riding public. One thing I see everywhere in my travels is OCC "gear"  Those stupid ass cut off shirts Sr wears (and I'm talking button front shirts with intentionally raggedy cuffs where the sleeves should be) T-shirts, hats etc. TA (Travel America Truck Stops) carries a complete OCC line from what I've seen going cross country every year for the past 5 years.

B B
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 01:18:21 PM by Spiderman »

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2011, 12:46:30 PM »

Never seen one on the road, just displays...
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2011, 01:13:56 PM »

Me too.  Never knowingly seen an OCC bike on the road.

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2011, 01:19:38 PM »

Me too.  Never knowingly seen an OCC bike on the road.

As the husband of a legal beagle, I'm proud of you in how you posited your comment Don

B B

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2011, 03:32:45 PM »

Only have seen the bikes in displays or in a display at a bike show.   See a lot of their merchandise. 

Through the years have seen a LOT of bike builders riding bikes during bike events, but have never seen the Teutels ride at an event.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2011, 04:09:36 PM »

Only have seen the bikes in displays or in a display at a bike show.   See a lot of their merchandise.  

Through the years have seen a LOT of bike builders riding bikes during bike events, but have never seen the Teutels ride at an event.

When you're that kind of a "celebrity" you simply don't have time to ride.  You stay very busy herding your sycophants and working at looking cool.  The moderators have the same problem at the GTG's.  It's Dood's fault.

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2011, 04:19:38 PM »

B B

Who says Jr doesn't use as well? He's a pretty big boy.

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2011, 04:31:54 PM »

Who says Jr doesn't use as well? He's a pretty big boy.

Nobody says he doesn't. A couple of observations however. Jr is in his early 30's and is muscled up but also not "cut" or defined which is usually a clear indicator of steroid use. As someone else mentioned, Sr gained muscle mass and definition while in his 50's. I don't think medical science would support the possibility of that occuring naturally. Also, wouldn't it seem that since the time frame involved in the accusations against Sr was when Sr/Jr were still getting along (in their own special way LOL) that Jr's name would have come up as well. Somehow I can't see Sr buying dope for Jr. I look at Jr and I see a guy who bodywise looks like the average 30's something guy these days that works out and looks after his diet to a reasonable degree. JMHO

Still waiting to start counting all the OCC bikes out there on the streets that are paying for OCC's megamillions World HQ

B B

« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 04:33:38 PM by Spiderman »

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2011, 04:43:43 PM »

I've seen 2 of their showbikes, and talked the show people into trying to start them.  one wouldn't start at all, the second, the show reps said outright, that it's strictly for show and doesn't run.

and the Twerps,( I mean Turtles, oops,  Tuetles,   OH CHIT ,  WHATEVER) :huepfenlol2:

ride Harleys

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: The Dark Knight
    • CVO2: '03 FLHRSEI2 (sold)
    • CVO3: '08 F-250 Diesel
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2011, 04:50:46 PM »

Although not always the case BUT, when  61 yr. old man is built like him there is usually more to it than just a good diet and exercise.  From 40 on you loose 8% of muscle mass every 10 years.  Some guys have better genetics than others but when you have traps coming out your ears something just isn't right.
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
BAL Tail Light, Motolights
Custom Dynamics LED Turning Lamps
HD LED Headlamp & Passing Lamps
J & M FlexPower AM/FM/WB Antenna
J & M FlexPower CB Antenna
Mini Beast Air Horn, Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stnd
Kennedy Technology CellSet
External XM SRS Satellite Antenna
HarleyGoodies Floor board extenders
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's
Clearview 9.5" windshield
Corbin Dual Tour Heated Seat

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2011, 05:03:51 PM »

13,711 members of cvoharley.com and we can count the OCC bikes we've seen on one hand ?  Methinks the "shop" we see on the TV show is all there is to OCC's motorcycle operations. The remainder of that giant building is a sweat shop cranking out the previously mentioned mechandise

B B

td119

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2011, 05:21:53 PM »

I agree with everyone, the only OCC production bike I have seen has been on "Wild Hogs" the movie never see one at any rallies !!!  ???

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2011, 06:41:23 PM »

Is it just me or does all their "custom bikes" look the same? 
Jesus is Lord

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2011, 08:34:53 PM »

They have the same basic lines yes. I think this is why the last couple of bikes they've tried some different things like the custom girder front end on a recent bike and changing up wheel sizes etc. Jr's recent effort for the Insurance Co in Florida was a nice touch with the ghost gas tank. I agree with his comments on design being an ongoing process that you can't always put on paper and follow to the letter. You start with a few basic ideas and begin work and let the bike speak to you as to where it should go. I know that sounds crazy but I believe in it. I don't think Arlen Ness ever actually sat down and drew up the bike he was going to build nor did Jesse James when he was really putting some blood and sweat into it. Same thing with Perowitz and Simms and a whole lot of other guys I'm not mentioning here. Designing bikes on a CAD station is for creating something you want to build large quantities of, not for creating one of kind customs. I more than paid my dues sitting at a CAD station for a number of years and the nature of the AUTODESK AUTOCAD program is to fair all of the lines and angles together. While that works nice on ships, on motorcycles, it tends to create a certain similarity in the flow of the bike. Again, JMHO

B B
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 08:38:14 PM by Spiderman »

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2011, 10:52:01 AM »

I think Paul Jr's last bike,, the tankless bike, is one of his best   :2vrolijk_21:

jayray00SERG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red FLTRSE1
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2011, 11:23:56 AM »

The OCC logo is on clothing and hats. Any available production numbers on Bikes?

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2011, 11:32:32 AM »

The OCC logo is on clothing and hats. Any available production numbers on Bikes?

Not that I'd want to (hell you couldn't give me one) but I've never been able to find anything on-line about buying a bike from OCC. I'd be interested to hear if anyone can find production numbers listed anywhere

B B

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2011, 05:30:35 PM »

When you're that kind of a "celebrity" you simply don't have time to ride.  You stay very busy herding your sycophants and working at looking cool.  The moderators have the same problem at the GTG's.  It's Dood's fault.

The moderatators are cool looking celebrity sycophant herders that stay very busy?

Must be Dood's fault. 

Am too poor to be a sycophant but if I save up may make it to that level someday. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2011, 05:33:20 PM »

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2011, 07:05:03 PM »

Maybe Sr. was using the Barry Bonds flaxseed magic ointment?  :nixweiss: :1112:    :huepfenjump3:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2011, 11:54:01 AM »

Methinks the "shop" we see on the TV show is all there is to OCC's motorcycle operations. The remainder of that giant building is a sweat shop cranking out the previously mentioned mechandise

What you see of the "shop" is the shop. There are a couple of other rooms, one having all the water jet stuff. The shop looks bigger on TV then it really is. Normal perspective I guess for the TV world.
The retail side looks to be larger then the whole shop. The retail side is probably 50% vacant. There is a lot of empty space in the building. The underground garage supposedly can hold about 100 vehicles.

Footprint wise, there appears to be more room taken up by the shop then there is exterior space.

I did not see any areas to to suggest a "sweat shop cranking out the previously mentioned merchandise". I'm sure most of the store stuff, like every other store, is imported.

Just like all the Bourget's - Indian Larry's, etc etc etc all look the same.

With thousands of custom builders pumping out 10's of thousands custom bikes, just how unique can you make 2-3 wheels, a frame, engine and some way to steer?

MV 2013

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2011, 12:58:02 PM »

Porthole ,
                   I was joking about the sweatshop issue. As to the orginality of the bikes. There's a lot of different styles OCC could go with. They choose to use a basic frame in different configurations. I suspect that the idea was that when you see a bike it has that OCC look. I certainly could say that H-D does the same. I mean face it, there's the FL series, the Dynas , the Softails and the Sportsters in a several different variations on each available. BUT, we the consumer don't look at H-D as being a custom bike builder, so we take what they give us and personalize it to suit our tastes. OCC promotes itself as a builder of custom motorcycles. I suppose they are - - within a set of parameters. I just happen to find those paremeters not to my taste. Also, there's still a ton of guys out there building one off bikes that are radically different from anything we see coming out of OCC. You got money, Perewitz, Sands, Mitchell, Ness , Simms, and many others will build you a bike like nobody's ever seen before. And you know what ? It'll run, handle decent and not be worth pence on the pound in 6 months. The only reason I keep watching the show is to see if Mikey gets it together and Jr manages to survive his father's scortched earth theory of parenting.  With the exception of a couple of the wrenches like  Rick (not the short bald guy with his nose squarely up Sr's ass) and the guy who does the stuff on the water table etc. (Jason Poole is a joke as well ) The old man and his whole circus can go down the toilet and the motorcycle world will be better for it.

B B
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 04:12:45 PM by Spiderman »

Cigarmike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2011, 03:31:58 PM »

http://www.orangecountychoppers.com/inventory

this is their current inventory, 1 2010 original, and 1 2008 bagger. period, not much production imo.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 03:33:48 PM by Cigarmike »
You will get no more Respect than you are willing to give.

Cigarmike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2011, 03:37:42 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-Orange-County-Chopper-Brand-New-/270714908245?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item3f07ddae55

They dont hold their value either, (assuming this guys claims that its an OCC bike are true?)
You will get no more Respect than you are willing to give.

jayray00SERG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red FLTRSE1
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2011, 04:13:48 PM »

Affordable, rideable  and cool?  Pick two.... affordable and cool is not rideable, cool and rideable is not affordable and affordable and rideable is not cool!

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2011, 10:31:21 PM »

Porthole ,
                   I was joking about the sweatshop issue. As to the orginality of the bikes. There's a lot of different styles OCC could go with. They choose to use a basic frame in different configurations. I suspect that the idea was that when you see a bike it has that OCC look. I certainly could say that H-D does the same. I mean face it, there's the FL series, the Dynas , the Softails and the Sportsters in a several different variations on each available. BUT, we the consumer don't look at H-D as being a custom bike builder, so we take what they give us and personalize it to suit our tastes. OCC promotes itself as a builder of custom motorcycles. I suppose they are - - within a set of parameters. I just happen to find those paremeters not to my taste. Also, there's still a ton of guys out there building one off bikes that are radically different from anything we see coming out of OCC. You got money, Perewitz, Sands, Mitchell, Ness , Simms, and many others will build you a bike like nobody's ever seen before. And you know what ? It'll run, handle decent and not be worth pence on the pound in 6 months. The only reason I keep watching the show is to see if Mikey gets it together and Jr manages to survive his father's scortched earth theory of parenting.  With the exception of a couple of the wrenches like  Rick (not the short bald guy with his nose squarely up Sr's ass) and the guy who does the stuff on the water table etc. (Jason Poole is a joke as well ) The old man and his whole circus can go down the toilet and the motorcycle world will be better for it.

B B

I agree with all of your posts. If you need another Roid victim just look at Jason when he first joined the program compaired to now. He's huge in comparison and boy does his personality show all of the classic signs of Roid rage.

Regards

Jerry
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 10:31:09 AM by CVOStreetglide »

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2011, 12:58:53 AM »

I agree with all of your posts. If you need another Roid victim just look at Jason when he first joined the program compaired to now. He's huge in comparison and boy does his personality show all of the classic sighns of Roid rage.

Regards

And after meeting him I will have to disagree. In person he seems like just another wacky designer who appears to enjoy his job, both the serious stuff and the clowning around. And he doesn't look anything like a body builder. He is an artist - and many talented artist have their odd ways.

MV 2013

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2011, 10:13:08 AM »

Paul Jr. has a bike unveiling at J & P Cycles in Daytona on Saturday3/12.

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2011, 01:13:14 PM »

I agree with all of your posts. If you need another Roid victim just look at Jason when he first joined the program compaired to now. He's huge in comparison and boy does his personality show all of the classic signs of Roid rage.

Regards

Jerry

I saw an old show when Jason Poole 1st joined the show. The few times they put his name up on the screen, his last name was NOT Poole. I say again, NOT Poole. What's up with that ? He also seems like a funny guy and all but he perpetuates the Sr/Jr conflict to his own benefit in my mind and also while he's a trained designer with excellent AutoDesk AutoCAD skills and obviously some artistic ability, but he's got like one basic concept in his mind for designing motorcycles and the rest is all tree trimmings. Jr was like that in the beginning, but a couple of the bikes he's done on his own have shown me he's got more going on than perhaps even he himself has realized (and yes, I know his ego is the size of Rhode Island) Sure Poole likes his job, why wouldn't he ? Sr has adopted him as Jr and Mikey's replacement and probably pays him well; in addition to which he gets to travel, gets paid a per episode fee from the Discovery Channel. Pretty good life and since of late Sr is the incredible shrinking man, Poole (or whatever his real last name is) doesn't have to deal with the old man's Rhoid rage.

B B
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 01:14:49 PM by Spiderman »

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2011, 01:16:49 PM »

Paul Jr. has a bike unveiling at J & P Cycles in Daytona on Saturday3/12.

Pictures please when it happens. I'm not sure what's up with the show. Has it been cancelled due to Sr's inidictment ? No new episodes for some time now.

B B

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2011, 01:18:26 PM »

was finally canceled for real. i think the did enough episodes of jr. v. sr. to fulfill their contract with discovery
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2011, 01:19:53 PM »

OCC has a forum dedicated to them........  My word....

http://orangecountychoppers60315.yuku.com/directory
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2011, 01:20:51 PM »

or maybe not......

had seen this last month
Your favorite TV motorcycle show to hate, “Senior versus Junior”, an extension of “American Chopper”, drew to a close last Monday evening at 10 pm.  Haters, don’t rejoice. Expect 100′s of  hours of rerun, here in the US and abroad. Lovers, rejoice for exactly the same reason…

The series ended with no closure between father and sons. Personally, with its constant quest for drama to attract and keep viewership, I always found the show quite annoying, even painful to watch. Because of the type of motorcycle work done front of the cameras, but also because I will never belong to those who find any pleasure seeing a “new rich” family self-destruct about money issues.

but now i see
February 10, 2011. 8.30 am., Paul Teutul Jr. reveals that the series “Senior vs. Junior” has been renewed for a second season set to air this spring.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2011, 06:20:16 PM »

Pictures please when it happens. I'm not sure what's up with the show. Has it been cancelled due to Sr's inidictment ? No new episodes for some time now.

B B

Someone else will have to post them.  Left DB yesterday after the rain blew through.  Got crowded on Sat.  Spoke to Paul Yaffe for quite a while on Sat. - heck of a nice guy.  He broke his foot on Thurs.  but was still working the event.

One of those guys - Jr. or Sr. should build a bike for Charlie Sheen  Theme could be powdered white lines, multi colored pills, and tiger blood?

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2011, 01:43:17 PM »

was finally canceled for real. i think the did enough episodes of jr. v. sr. to fulfill their contract with discovery

There are 11 bikes contracted between Discovery and OCC. So you all will have plenty to lament about for the next year  :drink:

MV 2013

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2011, 03:54:41 PM »

Mowing the lawn today. Not a very big lawn but with my lumbar stenosis that means 10 minutes work /20 minute breaks to get it done. In between the work segments there was an old episode of American Choppers on. They were building the Statue of Liberty bike. All anyone needs to do to see that they've gone backwards is look at the work they put into that bike as compared to the stuff they crank out now. Looking back at the original shows when they had very little skills hammering at stuff when it didn't fit, using crescent wrenches when the job called for a proper socket or box wrench and so forth and then a couple years where they'd figured it out and were building bikes like the Statue of Liberty bike to now where they try to build one off customs using a mass produced business model, it's obvious that Senior lost sight of why they started the business. Did he start OCC to create a business he could run and work at with  his sons doing something he loved or was it to be rich and famous and filing lawsuits that have torn his family apart. You tell me, but given that we live in a celebrity driven culture I suspect that the next new season will be well watched - - including me since I love a good train wreck and this one has been a favorite for years.

By the way, I'm still waiting for some numbers on actual production bikes. Were are they ? There's 14,000 members of cvoharley.com  SOMEBODY'S got to have seen or heard of an regular off the rack OCC production bike somewhere.

B B

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2011, 06:32:56 PM »

I dumped the few OCC t-shirts that I owned in the trash a long time ago. I have never seen anyone riding a "production" OCC bike. If I was going to purchase a "custom chopper" I can assure you it would be from any company BUT OCC. This latest news about Sr. speaks volumes in my book.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2011, 10:58:31 PM »

I dumped the few OCC t-shirts that I owned in the trash a long time ago. I have never seen anyone riding a "production" OCC bike. If I was going to purchase a "custom chopper" I can assure you it would be from any company BUT OCC. This latest news about Sr. speaks volumes in my book.

Oh thank you sir. I feel bad enough to have to admit to watching the tv show. At least I didn't actually BUY anything from them. Damn you've got some cajones to admit YOU did  :D :D :D :D

B B

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2011, 11:19:49 PM »

I saw one of Paul Jr's new designs in a mag yesterday waiting on my RGUSE to get some service.
You can really tell where the design talent lies and it's not Sr.
http://www.autoevolution.com/news-image/paul-jr-designs-bikes-first-photos-23795-2.html

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2011, 11:24:33 PM »

I saw one of Paul Jr's new designs in a mag yesterday waiting on my RGUSE to get some service.
You can really tell where the design talent lies and it's not Sr.
http://www.autoevolution.com/news-image/paul-jr-designs-bikes-first-photos-23795-2.html

You are absolutely dead on with this post and you know, it's amazing since he doesn't use AutoCAD and draws like a three yr old - - BUT, he's got a head full of ideas on things that other people have not done on bikes. OK, so maybe he's not a candidate for Iron Butt and maybe he's got some big gaps in his mechanic ability, but perhaps it lets him think of things those of us that ride would gasp at. When you look at all the bikes Paul Jr was responsible for the design of going back to the Firebike and on thorugh this GEICO bike and then compare them to the stuff Jason Poole has done it's no contest - -artistically speaking. I still don't think I'd trust riding one very far. They're more rolling art than motorcycle -- but I think the bikes Vinnie worked on probably run ok. He obviously is a wrench extraordinaire.

B B
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 11:28:15 PM by Spiderman »

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2011, 10:50:46 AM »

I had the opportunity to talk to an experienced power lifter last weekend.  He didn't admit to taking steroids but indicated he would not be able to be competitive without them, so read between the lines.  He is not a biker so he was not familiar with Paul Sr's situation, but did say he thought it would be virtually impossible to use close to $1000.00 per week.  He thought their must be something else he was taking or passing some on to others to use that much.  If he was selling part of his prescription that opens the doors to more laws being broken.  Either way he is definitely suffering the affects of taking to many drugs for way to long, and most of the damage is irreversible if used for long periods of time.  I learned allot of the pros and cons of some of the stuff but since none of it will help my SERK get stronger or faster  I'll pass.  I do think if you use it with a shaft drive bike you could find yourself a little short!

Ray G.  

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2011, 08:34:24 PM »

Oh thank you sir. I feel bad enough to have to admit to watching the tv show. At least I didn't actually BUY anything from them. Damn you've got some cajones to admit YOU did  :D :D :D :D

B B
Your welcome! I can own my mistakes but when I bought that crap I didn't even own a motorcycle.lol At first I thought Sr.and Jr.'s fighting and issues were a part of the "TV show" but pretty soon it became clear it was no act. I just can't understand how a father and son can treat each other like that. :nixweiss: 

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2011, 08:50:31 PM »

Your welcome! I can own my mistakes but when I bought that crap I didn't even own a motorcycle.lol At first I thought Sr.and Jr.'s fighting and issues were a part of the "TV show" but pretty soon it became clear it was no act. I just can't understand how a father and son can treat each other like that. :nixweiss: 
D-Y-S-F-U-N-C-T-I-O-N-A-L

rganz

• Senior CVO Member
  • Do Unto Others----First

• CVO1: 09 SERG
    • CVO2: Fat Boy
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2011, 09:36:51 AM »

I just can't understand how a father and son can treat each other like that. :nixweiss: 

Pretty much sums up most of the crap on tv nowadays.
Rob
Rob

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2011, 06:47:26 PM »

[/glow]

Steroids and drugs  - getcha every time   :confused5:

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2011, 09:04:30 PM »

It's a shame what fame can do to people sometimes. They probably got along together just fine before they became popular on the boob tube.
Jesus is Lord

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2011, 11:30:05 AM »

No indictments yet ? 

Why ?

B B

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2011, 10:13:56 AM »

Yesterday I sat down to have a late lunch and was channel surfing when I saw the crew at OCC talking with Dick Butkis.  They were going to build a bike to be auctioned off for a Steroid Awareness program for highschool students who according to Dick were the largest age group users especially the girls who wanted a certain cut look.  Wow now I now why they are always texting!  Just when I thought muffin top waistlines were the thing.  I would think Mr. Butkis is not happy about this!

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2011, 03:15:18 PM »

New OCC custom bike just set a low mark for charity auction bids. $ 18,000.00 at Barrett
Jackson Palm Beach!  :-[ :-[ :-[
Not saying much for OCC and their junk.  :oops:
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2011, 03:52:53 PM »

They took three bikes and it looks like the others sold for 14,575.00 and 22,550.00.  Choppers are OUT and Baggers are IN.  Paul Yaffe just about owned AZ bike week with his creations from Bagger Nation. He and his staff seem to work together well and probably not Discovery Channel materiel.  :P  Doc

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2011, 04:20:00 PM »

Paul Yaffe just about owned AZ bike week with his creations from Bagger Nation.
 :P  Doc

Just checked out his website. For a few bucks more than a 2011 CVO you can have a one off custom creation from Bagger Nation- - - and guess what ? It comes with BASSANI True Duals. 

I'm just sayin   ;D

B B

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2011, 02:23:51 PM »

Spoke to Yaffe for quite a while at Daytona Bikeweek.  Excellent workmanship on bikes, heck of a nice guy. Plus very knowledgeable about his product & he obviously is involved in all the details.  Killer stereos, too!

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2011, 04:53:40 PM »

[/glow]

Steroids and drugs  - getcha every time   :confused5:

.....and money and fame.....
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2011, 12:43:25 PM »

Steering this thread back on topic. What's the latest on OCC ? I've started a couple of threads asking for people who've seen OCC (Non Theme) bikes to post about it and we've had very very little feedback. I mean with 14,000 plus members world wide, that says a lot IMO. The entire OCC saga plays out like Greek Theater and the ones who will suffer in the end are the employees. Sure, people like Rick and a few others are likely to have job offers coming at them but can they accept unless Sr folds the company legally ? The non compete clause that was part of the storyline when the show ended would remain in effect whether OCC was open for business or not. So one year of at best collecting unemployment. And, if memory serves, Sr has shown in the past that he will do whatever he can to not allow a former employee collect benefits (perhaps somebody familiar with NY business rules/law can explain why he'd care) Anyway, while we don't see more than a dozen or so employees, I would expect OCC probably has (or had) a payroll of at least 100 people. That's a lot in a small market (motorcycle) area like where the OCC HQ is located. Just how many H-D dealers and Indy shops out there are there ? And in this economy how many are hiring.
It didn't have to be this way. As noted in the previous posts, Paul Yaffe has shown that you change with the marketplace. The Chopper craze has had two big surges in my lifetime. Maybe it will have a third before I'm looking at the wrong side of the grass. Who knows. What I do know is that baggers have always been popular with the market segment for them growing as the biker population ages. OCC could have gotten into building custom baggers. OCC from what we see on the show could most likely Mfg anything requiring machine tool technology,fabrication and finishing. Sr & Jr could have been businessmen and realized that whether they can work together or not they HAD a money making machine. That they failed to understand how much was at stake with their disfuctionalism is all the proof I need that they never really got it . They never quite caught onto what the wave they were riding was. I don't feel sorry for them in the least. Sr's 60ish and has a bad heart and with these steroid revelations is probably looking at a shortened lifespan. He's got enough money to last him for whatever time he's got left. Jr ? Who knows. He could build up Paul Jr Designs into a viable small business or he could fail. It all depends on how well he can see his customer base. He hasn't shown much ability to do so to date so I'd not put my money on his succeeding. I wish the employees of OCC well. Being out of work is not something I wish on anyone.

B B

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2011, 01:39:40 PM »

Personally I'll be glad when they are no longer in the news or on a thread on this site or on TV.  JMO
Jesus is Lord

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2011, 01:51:17 PM »

Personally I'll be glad when they are no longer in the news or on a thread on this site or on TV.  JMO

And then what will we talk about - - - - oil ?   :huepfenjump3:

B B

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2011, 01:59:48 PM »

How about spark plug gaps?
Jesus is Lord

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2011, 03:39:38 PM »

We live in a media driven society.  Undoubtably more choppers were sold - most likely to newbies - as a result of OCC on tv.  But except for displays and bike shows - not ridden - I never see OCC bikes on the road.  Anywhere.  Do not see as many choppers in general as 3-5 years ago.  Know quite a few folks that had them and then sold them.

When the economy recovers bike sales will also.  Does not mean an automatic recovery for OCC but if they are on tv, they will benefit.  Still figure they make good bucks on t shirts, etc.  Lots of money can be made in merchandising & still see a lot of OCC shirts. Considering what passes for tv entertainment these days, figure these guys are still not done.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2011, 04:04:07 PM »

Considering what passes for tv entertainment these days, figure these guys are still not done.

You're right about that.  Next we will see people wearing tee shirts with feral hogs, lumber jacks or coal mines!
Jesus is Lord

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2011, 04:47:25 PM »

We live in a media driven society.  Undoubtably more choppers were sold - most likely to newbies - as a result of OCC on tv.  But except for displays and bike shows - not ridden - I never see OCC bikes on the road.  Anywhere.   Do not see as many choppers in general as 3-5 years ago.  Know quite a few folks that had them and then sold them.

When the economy recovers bike sales will also.  Does not mean an automatic recovery for OCC but if they are on tv, they will benefit.  Still figure they make good bucks on t shirts, etc.  Lots of money can be made in merchandising & still see a lot of OCC shirts. Considering what passes for tv entertainment these days, figure these guys are still not done.

So I ask again  WHAT did they build that $12,000,000 building for ?

B B

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2011, 04:58:08 PM »

Steering this thread back on topic. What's the latest on OCC ? I've started a couple of threads asking for people who've seen OCC (Non Theme) bikes to post about it and we've had very very little feedback. I mean with 14,000 plus members world wide, that says a lot IMO. The entire OCC saga plays out like Greek Theater and the ones who will suffer in the end are the employees. Sure, people like Rick and a few others are likely to have job offers coming at them but can they accept unless Sr folds the company legally ? The non compete clause that was part of the storyline when the show ended would remain in effect whether OCC was open for business or not. So one year of at best collecting unemployment. And, if memory serves, Sr has shown in the past that he will do whatever he can to not allow a former employee collect benefits (perhaps somebody familiar with NY business rules/law can explain why he'd care) Anyway, while we don't see more than a dozen or so employees, I would expect OCC probably has (or had) a payroll of at least 100 people. That's a lot in a small market (motorcycle) area like where the OCC HQ is located. Just how many H-D dealers and Indy shops out there are there ? And in this economy how many are hiring.
It didn't have to be this way. As noted in the previous posts, Paul Yaffe has shown that you change with the marketplace. The Chopper craze has had two big surges in my lifetime. Maybe it will have a third before I'm looking at the wrong side of the grass. Who knows. What I do know is that baggers have always been popular with the market segment for them growing as the biker population ages. OCC could have gotten into building custom baggers. OCC from what we see on the show could most likely Mfg anything requiring machine tool technology,fabrication and finishing. Sr & Jr could have been businessmen and realized that whether they can work together or not they HAD a money making machine. That they failed to understand how much was at stake with their disfuctionalism is all the proof I need that they never really got it . They never quite caught onto what the wave they were riding was. I don't feel sorry for them in the least. Sr's 60ish and has a bad heart and with these steroid revelations is probably looking at a shortened lifespan. He's got enough money to last him for whatever time he's got left. Jr ? Who knows. He could build up Paul Jr Designs into a viable small business or he could fail. It all depends on how well he can see his customer base. He hasn't shown much ability to do so to date so I'd not put my money on his succeeding. I wish the employees of OCC well. Being out of work is not something I wish on anyone.

B B

I see this situation in a different light.  A large reason they are so successful IS the disfunctionalism rampant in that family.  Just based on their personalities, that family feud was likely to exist without the fame and success.  The show would have never taken off like it did, in turn creating demand for their bikes (even if it's largerly a demand for corporate show/celebrity bikes), demand for their merchandise and as you mention in your concerns, a lot of jobs.  Think of the jobs created not only at OCC but also at Discovery Channel and the production company involved.  Without the t.v. deal, far more jobs would be lost than the three mechanics that will get laid off due to the economy's effect on the motorcycle industry and OCC's reduced production.  Even when non-compete agreements exist, U.S. courts have sided with the employee in cases where the agreements were too binding.  

I think what you see on the show versus how the business is actually run are not necessarily the same.  Sr. capitalized on the chopper trend and now focuses the business on corporate bikes and merchandising and reality entertainment - the hottest trend for the past several years.  The money is still there for those items, so in effect, he's making the right move to keep as many people employed as possible.

Sure, he could steer the business into custom baggers but maybe he feels that trend is on it's way out and/or he's not interested in it and/or it would require significant re-tooling and ultimately not worth the effort. In any case, I'd bet that the profit margins are greater in corporate bikes, merchandise and t.v.  And at the end of the day, OCC is really more entertainment than it is a custom bike builder.  

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2011, 05:33:35 PM »

I see this situation in a different light.  A large reason they are so successful IS the disfunctionalism rampant in that family.  Just based on their personalities, that family feud was likely to exist without the fame and success.  The show would have never taken off like it did, in turn creating demand for their bikes (even if it's largerly a demand for corporate show/celebrity bikes), demand for their merchandise and as you mention in your concerns, a lot of jobs.  Think of the jobs created not only at OCC but also at Discovery Channel and the production company involved.  Without the t.v. deal, far more jobs would be lost than the three mechanics that will get laid off due to the economy's effect on the motorcycle industry and OCC's reduced production.  Even when non-compete agreements exist, U.S. courts have sided with the employee in cases where the agreements were too binding.  

I think what you see on the show versus how the business is actually run are not necessarily the same.  Sr. capitalized on the chopper trend and now focuses the business on corporate bikes and merchandising and reality entertainment - the hottest trend for the past several years.  The money is still there for those items, so in effect, he's making the right move to keep as many people employed as possible.

Sure, he could steer the business into custom baggers but maybe he feels that trend is on it's way out and/or he's not interested in it and/or it would require significant re-tooling and ultimately not worth the effort. In any case, I'd bet that the profit margins are greater in corporate bikes, merchandise and t.v.  And at the end of the day, OCC is really more entertainment than it is a custom bike builder.  

You've got to be either a lawyer or a political operative.

You put more spin on this story than Jimmy Connors ever got on a tennis ball   :2vrolijk_21:

B B

B B

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2011, 05:46:04 PM »

You've got to be either a lawyer or a political operative.

You put more spin on this story than Jimmy Connors ever got on a tennis ball   :2vrolijk_21:

B B

B B

Spin, or just another perspective?  Ha, not quite.  However, my wife's a lawyer.   :2vrolijk_21:

All I know is they've obviously done something right and it's easy to pick them apart from our couch when the only information we have is what's been edited for our entertainment by the good folks at TLC.   

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2011, 09:21:25 PM »

If you look at the OCC show as anything more then entertainment then you are watching for the wrong reasons. TV land doesn't produce weekly shows because it is the right thing to to do.

Way not bash something really awful like American idol or apprentice?
Or New Jersey Housewives - or how about the worst piece of TV crap out now - Jersey Shore  :nixweiss:

MV 2013

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2011, 09:37:04 PM »

If you look at the OCC show as anything more then entertainment then you are watching for the wrong reasons. TV land doesn't produce weekly shows because it is the right thing to to do.

Way not bash something really awful like American idol or apprentice?
Or New Jersey Housewives - or how about the worst piece of TV crap out now - Jersey Shore  :nixweiss:
Yeah, but are they accurately representing your part of the world?  :nixweiss: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2011, 09:41:56 PM »

Yeah, but are they accurately representing your part of the world?  :nixweiss: spyder

You are kidding - right  :huepfenjump3:

MV 2013

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2011, 09:43:35 PM »

You are kidding - right  :huepfenjump3:
You aren't a guido ?

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2011, 11:56:49 PM »

You are kidding - right   :nixweiss:

MV 2013

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2011, 12:07:52 AM »

You are kidding - right   :nixweiss:

Duane, how much longer is one of your legs than the other now :huepfenlol2: ?

hogasm

« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2011, 06:52:07 AM »

Duane, how much longer is one of your legs than the other now :huepfenlol2: ?

9"

your kidding right

had to mark it out.....started to think like Twolane :zwtf:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2011, 09:09:36 AM »

So I ask again  WHAT did they build that $12,000,000 building for ?

B B

Since I live in a state whose economy is basically Tourist Fleecings & Orange Squeezings with the occasional Real Estate Scams, my opinion is biased as to tourists fleecings & such.

OCC built it so they would come.  Who are they?  Folks who watch the show & decided to take a trip to one of the biker shrines.  Not kidding, the show has fans.  I remember the tv show Dallas & everybody who had never been to Dallas wanted to see where they filmed the thing as just 1 personal example.  Fans are fans & fandom (fan-dumb?) is an odd thing & OCC has it's share of fans.  That cuts both ways - people who want to see it succeed & buy a t shirt from their hallowed ground & those who wish to see the Big Building built by idiots.

In the biker community these guys have a "mixed" following.  Many view them with disdain.  But out among the Great Unwashed who are Oprah & Jerry Springer watching Cheeto eaters, OCC would pass for great entertainment.  I figure the building could pay for itself just in tshirt & assorted crappola sales alone. 

But remember my begininning caveat - my locale.  I live a couple hundred miles from Rossmeyers Destination Daytona, where I have never spent a dime (inside the store) but nevertheless have whiled away hours outside this store during rallies gawking at stuff I like to gawk at.  Makes me wonder if the OCC store had pastie wearing beer vendor gals, might even be a reason for me to make the trek there someday....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2011, 11:15:04 AM »

AP: Miami (Breaking News)

Reports out of Dade County have been confirmed this morning that Paul Teutul Sr. (aka "Senior" from the television series "Orange County Shoppers) has been arrested on South Beach Miami.  Local police have arrested Teutul after he became beligerent with a man who allegedly refused to pay Teutul after allegedly hiring him as a transvestite prostitute working under the name "Matilda."  Reserve Officer Juan Martinez was interviewed after the arrest and saids, "We'd seen the big tranny out here taking over that stroll but with all the makeup and the ballerina costume you really couldn't tell it was Senior.  This is some sick stuff out here man."

(yes, it's all BS; just like their show)

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2011, 11:21:54 AM »

AP: Miami (Breaking News)

Reports out of Dade County have been confirmed this morning that Paul Teutul Sr. (aka "Senior" from the television series "Orange County Shoppers) has been arrested on South Beach Miami.  Local police have arrested Teutul after he became beligerent with a man who allegedly refused to pay Teutul after allegedly hiring him as a transvestite prostitute working under the name "Matilda."  Reserve Officer Juan Martinez was interviewed after the arrest and saids, "We'd seen the big tranny out here taking over that stroll but with all the makeup and the ballerina costume you really couldn't tell it was Senior.  This is some sick stuff out here man."

(yes, it's all BS; just like their show)

Rumor has it the "bait" was a biker with a Missouri accent in leather cap , chaps, vest (chest exposed) studded bracelets, assorted chains and a thong

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2011, 11:24:16 AM »

Rumor has it the "bait" was a biker with a Missouri accent in leather cap , chaps, vest (chest exposed) studded bracelets, assorted chains and a thong

Could be.  Ditch has a get-up like that.  Was just talking to him a couple days ago and he said he'd been on the road alot.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2011, 04:44:58 PM »

Somebody put estrogen in Sr's 'roid bottle?

In Key West, with that get up, he would be mayor next election.

O. ( old)
C. (crusty)
C. (c--t)

??

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2011, 01:06:56 PM »

Story from March 18, 2011

Just three years after Orange County Choppers opened its massive headquarters in the Town of Newburgh, the building faces foreclosure and Choppers owner Paul Teutul Sr. is looking to open a new one next door.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110318/BIZ/103180372

Brief:

By Christian Livermore
Times Herald-Record
Published: 2:00 AM - 03/18/11
Last updated: 4:54 PM - 03/18/11
TOWN OF NEWBURGH — The owner of Orange County Choppers is planning to build what appears to be a new headquarters next to the company's current headquarters, which is in foreclosure. And to members of a local economic development agency being asked to provide tax breaks for the project, the proposal doesn't pass the smell test.

Washingtonville planner Robert Daly presented the project to the Orange County Industrial Development Agency at its Wednesday meeting on behalf of a company called G&M Orange LLC. The owner of G&M Orange is Paul Teutul Sr., owner of Orange County Choppers.

The project calls for a three-story, 25,000-square-foot building on 2.3 acres at the intersection of Route 17K and Crossroads Court, next to the Choppers' current headquarters. Features include manufacturing and fabrication space, retail space, a 20-seat café, offices and warehouse space.

Preventing a foreclosure
The lender that financed Orange County Choppers' current headquarters, GE Commercial Finance Business Property Corp., filed a foreclosure action against the business in November, alleging it missed mortgage payments. Choppers has two mortgages through GE, one for $11 million and one for $1.5 million.

IDA board members suspect Teutul plans to move into the new building and abandon the current one to foreclosure.

"Don't we then become a party to avoiding a foreclosure?" board member Mary Ellen Rogulski asked. "Moving from building A to building B could probably be a way for a business to protect their business from a creditor."

(JUST POSTING THE STORY! HATE SEEING PEOPLE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR TAX DOLLARS THOUGH AND NO, I DON'T WEAR NANCY PELOSI PANTIES.)

I like real facts to stories. Bryant Gumbel's Real Sports did a segment on steroid use in Healthy Adult Males. "All smoke and no fire" to claims of health hazards. See part I
Another American hysteria without evidence.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 02:22:05 PM by D31960 »
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2011, 01:25:30 PM »

They're Back !

New episode of American Chopper Sr vs Jr aired last night. OCC built another of their generic choppers and Jr started on a more unique custom for a Vet Charity headed up by Jared Allen of the Minnesota Vikings. Once again I have to give the nod to Jr on inovation and uniqueness of design. Not sure how either of them will end up running but Vinnie has shown himself to be an able mechanic so probably Jr's will run better than Sr's. Of note was the opening of an Art Gallery by Mikey. I don't know squat about art and less still about modern art so this could be legit or just something Mikey is doing to keep from being a junkie that they've written into the storyline. Probably the worst part of the show was the staged visit from a guy and his son trying to get Sr/Jr to reconcile. The old fellow is dying and had been estranged from his son and - - -well, sad as it is for the dying fellow, this story's been told a thousand times. It don't always work out in real life like it does in the movies. I'm happy that the guy making the visit was able to reconcile with his son. BUT, in watching the show I noticed Jr just listened to the guy whereas Sr had to try to defend his position. OK, enough on that. Bottom line is these guys and their dysfunctionalism are with us for awhile longer. Since Trump has gone haywire of late and you can only watch so many shows on people buying storage units, I might as well tun in to this.

B B 

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2011, 01:37:52 PM »

A bizillion t.v. channels and t.v. still sux. Thank heavens the weather's about to break.

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2011, 01:51:41 PM »

They're Back !

New episode of American Chopper Sr vs Jr aired last night. OCC built another of their generic choppers and Jr started on a more unique custom for a Vet Charity headed up by Jared Allen of the Minnesota Vikings. Once again I have to give the nod to Jr on inovation and uniqueness of design. Not sure how either of them will end up running but Vinnie has shown himself to be an able mechanic so probably Jr's will run better than Sr's. Of note was the opening of an Art Gallery by Mikey. I don't know squat about art and less still about modern art so this could be legit or just something Mikey is doing to keep from being a junkie that they've written into the storyline. Probably the worst part of the show was the staged visit from a guy and his son trying to get Sr/Jr to reconcile. The old fellow is dying and had been estranged from his son and - - -well, sad as it is for the dying fellow, this story's been told a thousand times. It don't always work out in real life like it does in the movies. I'm happy that the guy making the visit was able to reconcile with his son. BUT, in watching the show I noticed Jr just listened to the guy whereas Sr had to try to defend his position. OK, enough on that. Bottom line is these guys and their dysfunctionalism are with us for awhile longer. Since Trump has gone haywire of late and you can only watch so many shows on people buying storage units, I might as well tun in to this.

B B 

I am there watching the train wreck with you.

The one thing I found most disgusting was that young punk ("Odie"?) who was working for and disrespecting Junior and then turncoats to Sr. plus lying through his teeth. That fellows got a lot of lessons from the school of hard knocks coming his way.

DH

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »

I am there watching the train wreck with you.

The one thing I found most disgusting was that young punk ("Odie"?) who was working for and disrespecting Junior and then turncoats to Sr. plus lying through his teeth. That fellows got a lot of lessons from the school of hard knocks coming his way.

DH

I thought it was funny that Jr. was upset with Odie for coming in late and disrespecting Jr. with his actions and mouth. He now knows what his old man had to put up with dealing with him! Payback is HELL!! :D
Mike

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2011, 12:15:39 AM »

I thought it was funny that Jr. was upset with Odie for coming in late and disrespecting Jr. with his actions and mouth. He now knows what his old man had to put up with dealing with him! Payback is HELL!! :D
Mike

Touche .. but at least Junior understands now what it takes to make a buck.

Half_Crazy

« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2011, 04:25:59 AM »

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2011, 09:13:12 AM »

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2011, 07:25:58 PM »

Ahhhhhhhhh, finally somebody calling out OCC on being nothing more than cake decorators. While Jesse James has been more than a bit of an ass himself of late, I have to give him props for suggesting to the producers of Amsrican Choppers the upcoming build-off. I also have to say that I am disappointed in Jr. Vinnie and Mikey for not thinking Jesse's joke cake (and accompanying explanatory note) was funny. They focused on the obvious, acted all offended and missed the whole joke. Well maybe it's just me and I'm as weird as Jesse but a phallic cake with a note suggesting that Paulie (and Sr) might not "measure up" is funny. I mean it's not like Jesse sent the damn cake to a pre-school or anything.
On another note, Jr's been building some pretty interesting Motorcycles as Art pieces lately. The Gears of War trike and last night the WTC Resurection Project. While one cannot see either as a daily rider (or even really an occasional one) they both certainly take the concept of motorcycle design well into the realm of functional metal sculpture and beyond. Sr can run his pie hole all he wants to about what OCC CAN do, the fact of the matter is wedded to Jason Poole as they are and his one note Johnny themes, they are not putting out anything even remotely close to what PJD is doing in terms of pushing the design envelope. Yes, yes, you can sure as heck make a case that PJD does not build rideable motorcycles, but I don't think that's even part of his business plan. I think the fact that he got tasked with a job like the WTC bike is evidence that he is indeed attracting high end customers looking for cutting edge designs that will attract a lot of attention. Sr can whine all he wants about the comments attributed to Jr that OCC builds cheap bikes for cheap customers but it would seem from what is shown on the show that Jr is speaking the truth. I remember when much the same comments were dircted at Arlen Ness. And I think there are very few in the motorcycle industry who would not say that Arlen is one of the most respected designer/builder/innovators ever. We'll see if Jr can keep it up.
The build off with Jesse should be interesting if for no other reason than to see what each team can do in a two day live format.

B B
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 07:27:42 PM by Spiderman »

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2011, 09:18:37 PM »

Again, don't give a chit what those morons do or are doing. If I never see them on TV again it will be too soon. 

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2011, 09:23:28 PM »

Again, don't give a chit what those morons do or are doing. If I never see them on TV again it will be too soon. 

;)

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

BADBAGG

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 O/B D& D Fat Cat , SE 259E Cams , High Compression Pistons , TTS Mastertune, Yaffe Monkeys bars , Yaffe Monkey engine guard , Kenwood DVD/CD radio 650 watts 7 speakers. C & C solo seat , Motorcycle Armor, Klock Werks 8" windsheild,30 tooth pulley
« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2011, 10:39:11 PM »

;)

SBB

You guys are funny. If you dont care what they are doing , then why are you reading this thread  :nixweiss:  Just saying...........

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2011, 02:55:44 AM »

I continue to watch the train wreck.

JR produces some nice artistic motorcycles - I can appreciate that kind of talent. The Gears of War bike looks like a solid build that can be ridden but it's certainly not a daily rider.

I'm not sure that the aluminum frame on the WTC 9-11 bike would hold up to a day ride around my neighborhood but it's a step above and beyond with regard to design and detail. Definitely a piece of art and a worthy tribute bike.

DH

PS: For those who profess they have tuned out the show .. please tune out this discussion and resist responding with "I don't care" statements.

PPS: The Arabian Horse Bike SUCKED Horse Dic........!

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2011, 08:56:52 AM »

i liked the frame of the WTC bike, but once completed i felt they tried to incorporate way to many elements and it didnt really flow very well

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2011, 08:58:02 AM »

If you have Tune out of OCC then tune into Storage Wars aired the same time as OCC Choppers....Defiantly more entertaining.  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:00:16 AM by cvobiker »

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2011, 10:30:52 AM »

i liked the frame of the WTC bike, but once completed i felt they tried to incorporate way to many elements and it didnt really flow very well

Yup, hard to get continuity when there are seven different buildings and a reflecting pool pit that you are trying to get into a presentation. Starts to make we wonder how the actual WTC build will turn out, though it has the advantage of other landscape around it to act as filler/contrast.

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2011, 03:57:27 PM »

:D :D :D :D :D But you couldn't help sayin so  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

B B

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #116 on: November 23, 2011, 05:32:30 PM »

X2  :2vrolijk_21:
Jesus is Lord

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2011, 06:27:14 PM »

X2  :2vrolijk_21:

Hope you dream about them all.

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2011, 09:35:39 PM »

You guys are funny. If you dont care what they are doing , then why are you reading this thread  :nixweiss:  Just saying...........
Well, just because SBB and I don't care about what they are doing doesn't mean we should be ignorant of current events.  ;D I thought maybe one of them might be in jail or something!  :drink:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #119 on: November 23, 2011, 10:03:26 PM »

Well, just because SBB and I don't care about what they are doing doesn't mean we should be ignorant of current events.  ;D I thought maybe one of them might be in jail or something!  :drink:

Arland, I'm with you buddy!

;)

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2011, 10:37:55 PM »

Arland, I'm with you buddy!

;)

SBB
Chip, I knew we would be on the same page!  :drink: Any man (I hate to use the word man for Jr.) that would treat his Dad like that, I just can't have any respect for. Not sayin that Sr. is without fault, but... :2vrolijk_21: 

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2012, 01:58:57 PM »

Just when I thought I couldn't dislike Paul Teutal Sr any more , last nights episode of American Chopper took him to new lows

Good effin riddence to this show and (my guess)  OCC within the next two years

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2012, 02:05:56 PM »

Just when I thought I couldn't dislike Paul Teutal Sr any more , last nights episode of American Chopper took him to new lows

Good effin riddence to this show and (my guess)  OCC within the next two years

B B

Haven't seen the show in a long time Brian.  What the old asshole do this time?

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2012, 08:05:14 AM »

This the last year. They are having a live build off in December for 2 nights.

The show has been CANCELLED!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2012, 08:41:20 AM »

I thought Jr had his own show and shop  :nixweiss:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #125 on: November 22, 2012, 10:05:13 AM »

This the last year. They are having a live build off in December for 2 nights.

The show has been CANCELLED!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

That's probably the best thing that could happen to them (cancelled) For the sake of there FAMILY  :nixweiss:

I myself always push my kids to be the best they can be,Not screw with there heads and make jokes about them  :(

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #126 on: November 22, 2012, 02:32:31 PM »

That's probably the best thing that could happen to them (cancelled) For the sake of there FAMILY  :nixweiss:

I myself always push my kids to be the best they can be,Not screw with there heads and make jokes about them  :(
And they, in turn, respect you and would never speak of you the way Jr. did.. :-[.guess you reap what you sow?   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #127 on: November 22, 2012, 02:38:41 PM »

And they, in turn, respect you and would never speak of you the way Jr. did.. :-[.guess you reap what you sow?   spyder

Agree  :2vrolijk_21:  Life is a two way road,You get what you put into it  :)

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #128 on: November 22, 2012, 07:18:37 PM »

They're all back......2012
napalm

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #129 on: November 22, 2012, 08:29:31 PM »

They're all back......2012

The last two shows are December 11th and 12th I believe. It will be a live build off with a few other builders. After that the show is HISTORY!!!!!! Unless something changes!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #130 on: November 23, 2012, 12:05:05 AM »

I just saw one of the commercials, and jeez, Senior sure got pruney once he lost his 'roids. Pathetic.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #131 on: November 29, 2012, 09:45:14 AM »

After that the show is HISTORY!!!!!! Unless something changes!!!!

Yeah. like a record amount of viewers tuning in  :oops:

MV 2013

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #132 on: November 29, 2012, 04:14:21 PM »

Why does anyone watch them. There is so much better crap on the tube, or just ride...
Bill

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #133 on: November 29, 2012, 06:42:01 PM »

Why does anyone watch them. There is so much better crap on the tube, or just ride...

Everyone loves a train wreck.

Zinister

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2012, 11:34:18 PM »

Only watched parts of a couple shows. I would never buy a bike from these guys because I don't think they are qualified to design something I would stake my life on riding it.

On another note there is 1 guy in town (Davenport) that has owned 3 of these OCC bikes and they don't look that special to me and they don't look very fun to ride. I think he's getting very good deals from a place in Atlanta that is selling them on cosignment. He said he's getting them from the mid to high teens with almost no miles.

Maybe I've seen all the production bikes and didn't know it.......ha ha ha ha

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2012, 08:04:22 AM »

Only watched parts of a couple shows. I would never buy a bike from these guys because I don't think they are qualified to design something I would stake my life on riding it.

On another note there is 1 guy in town (Davenport) that has owned 3 of these OCC bikes and they don't look that special to me and they don't look very fun to ride. I think he's getting very good deals from a place in Atlanta that is selling them on cosignment. He said he's getting them from the mid to high teens with almost no miles.

Maybe I've seen all the production bikes and didn't know it.......ha ha ha ha

The only designs I would splurge for are senior's Old School Bikes, BUT I'd have to back away unless I got one really cheap..  Lowest model starts at 45K, no way....

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2012, 12:56:04 AM »

I never heard about this. Its funny me & the wife were just saying the other day how sickly sr. looks now compared to years ago ... he obviously isn't taking them now & u can see the damage they did. I always thought their stuff was over-rated. For the $ they charge u could have one hell of a nice bagger & cruise in comfort having every goodie under the sun.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 01:02:30 AM by Phantom309 »
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2012, 11:45:32 AM »

The corporations spent the buck bucks advertising their companies on the popular show, which was the case back then. If you think about it, it was a relative bargain for an hour long commercial.  The 'custom' motorcycle was just the ticket to the party.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2012, 05:03:26 PM »

The last two shows are December 11th and 12th I believe. It will be a live build off with a few other builders. After that the show is HISTORY!!!!!! Unless something changes!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

I never really understood OCC. I mean other than the theme bikes shown on the TV show, I have only seen one OCC bike in 10 years. And that one was a very disgruntled customer who somehow got security to let him into live Biker Buildoff at Laconia. The paint had cracked out everywhere there was a weld or bondo and he'd carved OCC SUCKS into the rear fender with a buck knife. Since that time, I've looked for OCC at Laconia, Daytona, Sturgis and everywhere in between. Hell I mean I spend 5 months a year riding the highways and backroads of New England including through and around their hometown (no, I've never stopped at OCC- - no disire) Anyway, I've never seen any bikes other than what they bring with them to the big events for their $5 per autographs on only OCC merchandise. I've never heard anybody from this site owning one of their bikes. I mean it just seems hard to believe that the production bikes they talked about on the show are nowhere to be found. I recently logged onto their website and there was only 1 production bike listed in inventory. WTF ? Where are their bikes ?
Bottom line to me would be that OCC goes belly up very quickly without the income from American Chopper and the $300,000 theme bikes. PJD might survive in the long run if you can believe what was being shown on the last episodes of the show. Jr opening up a design studio, getting into lots of areas outside of building custom motorcycles etc.
As to personal feelings. I never really cared that much except for some animostity toward Sr based on a personal experience with him at Laconia way back when he built his very 1st custom (that gaudy yellow softail -- - - yuck) At the end, it mattered little what the hell they did. I could see both sides of the argument in the feud between father and son and my only comment on that is that Sr was waaaaaaaaay out of line allowing that idiot Jason Pohl to mouth off at Jr in one of the final episodes. Why ? Pohl is an employee of OCC and as such should have been expected to act as one. So far as I could see, Jr never dissed any of Pohl's work, only saying that CAD design was not his thing. So Pohl had no right to shoot of his mouth unless he wanted to do so personally off camera and not on the property of OCC acting as an OCC employee. That Sr didn't call him on it speaks volumns as to where Sr is really at with regard to Jr. So anyway, one last post on these drama queens and their show and that's it. My final comment being Sr talking to Vinny telling him "I made you"  No Sr, American Chopper made you. It made OCC, it made PJD and it made everyone on the show famous and in several cases wealthy. WIthout American Chopper, OCC would be in the trasheap that includes several iterations of Indian Motorcycle, Texas Chopper, Bourget, West Coast Choppers - - the list is endless.

B B

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 05:05:56 PM by Spiderman »

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #139 on: December 29, 2012, 09:46:16 AM »

can't believe this topic is still worth talking about, occ was on tv 8 years too many anyway :-\

cyco1450

• Elite CVO Member
  • Cheaper to keep her...
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO RG Black Earth/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO SG - sold
« Reply #140 on: February 16, 2013, 07:00:56 AM »

I actually owned a 2002 OCC. T REX.   What a piece of chit. I met the Teutals at Myrtle Beach in 2001 and loved their stuff. So I bought a bike in 2002 just as the show came on tv. I must admit that part of the thought was that the bike would go up in value.  The bike was leaking oil.  So I took it to a local shop that OCC approved. The oil leak was nothing. When they took the tank off, the back bone was cracked 2/3 of the way around.  I just rode the bike on the highway at 70 mph And the damn thing could have folded up on me!  These bikes were always chit and they're the luckiest SOB's on the planet.
2018 CVO RG Black Earth
2007 CVO Springer Amarillo Gold 1 of 398
2003 100th Ann FLSTCI
2001 CVO Switchblade
1999 Dyna WG Zippers 107
1997 Heritage Springer Ol’ Boy
1997 Fat Boy Street Stalker 1 of 1
1993 Heritage Softail Cow Glide #1109
1990 Fat Boy Grey Ghost 1st year
1977 FLH Restomod
1977 XLCR
1971 FX Night Train!

maia812

« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2013, 06:09:35 PM »

Yea, that  Chit causes problems with all major organs

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #142 on: March 07, 2013, 02:00:57 PM »

Sr turned up on Celebrity Apprentice the other night. He donated a whole $2,500 to Brandy Roderick's charity. WOW, $2,500 from a guy worth $25,000,000 who gets a free promo by being on the show.

As to why threads like this have value -- - - while motorcycling is far more popular than it's ever been and certainly there are a lot more riders out there it still (I believe) comprises only about 1% of the drivers on the roads and highways. For most of us, one or two family members might have or ride a bike. So, we still have the other 99% wondering why we do what we do. What's it all about. What's the attraction and so on. Shows like American Chopper show one side of the industry. Devil's Ride another side. You decided if either of them is complimentary. There's been a few Sturgis specials that did a good job of portraying what Sturgis is all about but those still don't show the whole thing as something you'd do with your local church group etc etc. So I post on threads like this to see if other's feel as I do that the OCC's and Laffing Devils of the biker world give the rest of us a bum rap and I speak to that when talking to non bikers.

AND - - - - as I've said elsewhere it beats talking about oil and wax

B B

maia812

« Reply #143 on: March 07, 2013, 02:07:24 PM »

Sr turned up on Celebrity Apprentice the other night. He donated a whole $2,500 to Brandy Roderick's charity. WOW, $2,500 from a guy worth $25,000,000 who gets a free promo by being on the show.

As to why threads like this have value -- - - while motorcycling is far more popular than it's ever been and certainly there are a lot more riders out there it still (I believe) comprises only about 1% of the drivers on the roads and highways. For most of us, one or two family members might have or ride a bike. So, we still have the other 99% wondering why we do what we do. What's it all about. What's the attraction and so on. Shows like American Chopper show one side of the industry. Devil's Ride another side. You decided if either of them is complimentary. There's been a few Sturgis specials that did a good job of portraying what Sturgis is all about but those still don't show the whole thing as something you'd do with your local church group etc etc. So I post on threads like this to see if other's feel as I do that the OCC's and Laffing Devils of the biker world give the rest of us a bum rap and I speak to that when talking to non bikers.

AND - - - - as I've said elsewhere it beats talking about oil and wax   

B B    That sums it up pretty good ,,,Spiderman
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10 [All]

Page created in 0.581 seconds with 21 queries.