Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  All

Author Topic: Sr. of OCC in the news again!  (Read 49323 times)

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Sr. of OCC in the news again!
« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2012, 08:04:22 AM »

Only watched parts of a couple shows. I would never buy a bike from these guys because I don't think they are qualified to design something I would stake my life on riding it.

On another note there is 1 guy in town (Davenport) that has owned 3 of these OCC bikes and they don't look that special to me and they don't look very fun to ride. I think he's getting very good deals from a place in Atlanta that is selling them on cosignment. He said he's getting them from the mid to high teens with almost no miles.

Maybe I've seen all the production bikes and didn't know it.......ha ha ha ha

The only designs I would splurge for are senior's Old School Bikes, BUT I'd have to back away unless I got one really cheap..  Lowest model starts at 45K, no way....

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2012, 12:56:04 AM »

I never heard about this. Its funny me & the wife were just saying the other day how sickly sr. looks now compared to years ago ... he obviously isn't taking them now & u can see the damage they did. I always thought their stuff was over-rated. For the $ they charge u could have one hell of a nice bagger & cruise in comfort having every goodie under the sun.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 01:02:30 AM by Phantom309 »
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2012, 11:45:32 AM »

The corporations spent the buck bucks advertising their companies on the popular show, which was the case back then. If you think about it, it was a relative bargain for an hour long commercial.  The 'custom' motorcycle was just the ticket to the party.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2012, 05:03:26 PM »

The last two shows are December 11th and 12th I believe. It will be a live build off with a few other builders. After that the show is HISTORY!!!!!! Unless something changes!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

I never really understood OCC. I mean other than the theme bikes shown on the TV show, I have only seen one OCC bike in 10 years. And that one was a very disgruntled customer who somehow got security to let him into live Biker Buildoff at Laconia. The paint had cracked out everywhere there was a weld or bondo and he'd carved OCC SUCKS into the rear fender with a buck knife. Since that time, I've looked for OCC at Laconia, Daytona, Sturgis and everywhere in between. Hell I mean I spend 5 months a year riding the highways and backroads of New England including through and around their hometown (no, I've never stopped at OCC- - no disire) Anyway, I've never seen any bikes other than what they bring with them to the big events for their $5 per autographs on only OCC merchandise. I've never heard anybody from this site owning one of their bikes. I mean it just seems hard to believe that the production bikes they talked about on the show are nowhere to be found. I recently logged onto their website and there was only 1 production bike listed in inventory. WTF ? Where are their bikes ?
Bottom line to me would be that OCC goes belly up very quickly without the income from American Chopper and the $300,000 theme bikes. PJD might survive in the long run if you can believe what was being shown on the last episodes of the show. Jr opening up a design studio, getting into lots of areas outside of building custom motorcycles etc.
As to personal feelings. I never really cared that much except for some animostity toward Sr based on a personal experience with him at Laconia way back when he built his very 1st custom (that gaudy yellow softail -- - - yuck) At the end, it mattered little what the hell they did. I could see both sides of the argument in the feud between father and son and my only comment on that is that Sr was waaaaaaaaay out of line allowing that idiot Jason Pohl to mouth off at Jr in one of the final episodes. Why ? Pohl is an employee of OCC and as such should have been expected to act as one. So far as I could see, Jr never dissed any of Pohl's work, only saying that CAD design was not his thing. So Pohl had no right to shoot of his mouth unless he wanted to do so personally off camera and not on the property of OCC acting as an OCC employee. That Sr didn't call him on it speaks volumns as to where Sr is really at with regard to Jr. So anyway, one last post on these drama queens and their show and that's it. My final comment being Sr talking to Vinny telling him "I made you"  No Sr, American Chopper made you. It made OCC, it made PJD and it made everyone on the show famous and in several cases wealthy. WIthout American Chopper, OCC would be in the trasheap that includes several iterations of Indian Motorcycle, Texas Chopper, Bourget, West Coast Choppers - - the list is endless.

B B

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 05:05:56 PM by Spiderman »

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #139 on: December 29, 2012, 09:46:16 AM »

can't believe this topic is still worth talking about, occ was on tv 8 years too many anyway :-\

cyco1450

• Elite CVO Member
  • Cheaper to keep her...
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO RG Black Earth/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO SG - sold
« Reply #140 on: February 16, 2013, 07:00:56 AM »

I actually owned a 2002 OCC. T REX.   What a piece of chit. I met the Teutals at Myrtle Beach in 2001 and loved their stuff. So I bought a bike in 2002 just as the show came on tv. I must admit that part of the thought was that the bike would go up in value.  The bike was leaking oil.  So I took it to a local shop that OCC approved. The oil leak was nothing. When they took the tank off, the back bone was cracked 2/3 of the way around.  I just rode the bike on the highway at 70 mph And the damn thing could have folded up on me!  These bikes were always chit and they're the luckiest SOB's on the planet.
2018 CVO RG Black Earth
2007 CVO Springer Amarillo Gold 1 of 398
2003 100th Ann FLSTCI
2001 CVO Switchblade
1999 Dyna WG Zippers 107
1997 Heritage Springer Ol’ Boy
1997 Fat Boy Street Stalker 1 of 1
1993 Heritage Softail Cow Glide #1109
1990 Fat Boy Grey Ghost 1st year
1977 FLH Restomod
1977 XLCR
1971 FX Night Train!

maia812

« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2013, 06:09:35 PM »

Yea, that  Chit causes problems with all major organs

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #142 on: March 07, 2013, 02:00:57 PM »

Sr turned up on Celebrity Apprentice the other night. He donated a whole $2,500 to Brandy Roderick's charity. WOW, $2,500 from a guy worth $25,000,000 who gets a free promo by being on the show.

As to why threads like this have value -- - - while motorcycling is far more popular than it's ever been and certainly there are a lot more riders out there it still (I believe) comprises only about 1% of the drivers on the roads and highways. For most of us, one or two family members might have or ride a bike. So, we still have the other 99% wondering why we do what we do. What's it all about. What's the attraction and so on. Shows like American Chopper show one side of the industry. Devil's Ride another side. You decided if either of them is complimentary. There's been a few Sturgis specials that did a good job of portraying what Sturgis is all about but those still don't show the whole thing as something you'd do with your local church group etc etc. So I post on threads like this to see if other's feel as I do that the OCC's and Laffing Devils of the biker world give the rest of us a bum rap and I speak to that when talking to non bikers.

AND - - - - as I've said elsewhere it beats talking about oil and wax

B B

maia812

« Reply #143 on: March 07, 2013, 02:07:24 PM »

Sr turned up on Celebrity Apprentice the other night. He donated a whole $2,500 to Brandy Roderick's charity. WOW, $2,500 from a guy worth $25,000,000 who gets a free promo by being on the show.

As to why threads like this have value -- - - while motorcycling is far more popular than it's ever been and certainly there are a lot more riders out there it still (I believe) comprises only about 1% of the drivers on the roads and highways. For most of us, one or two family members might have or ride a bike. So, we still have the other 99% wondering why we do what we do. What's it all about. What's the attraction and so on. Shows like American Chopper show one side of the industry. Devil's Ride another side. You decided if either of them is complimentary. There's been a few Sturgis specials that did a good job of portraying what Sturgis is all about but those still don't show the whole thing as something you'd do with your local church group etc etc. So I post on threads like this to see if other's feel as I do that the OCC's and Laffing Devils of the biker world give the rest of us a bum rap and I speak to that when talking to non bikers.

AND - - - - as I've said elsewhere it beats talking about oil and wax   

B B    That sums it up pretty good ,,,Spiderman
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.