Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Sr. of OCC in the news again!  (Read 49376 times)

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
Re: Sr. of OCC in the news again!
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2011, 12:58:02 PM »

Porthole ,
                   I was joking about the sweatshop issue. As to the orginality of the bikes. There's a lot of different styles OCC could go with. They choose to use a basic frame in different configurations. I suspect that the idea was that when you see a bike it has that OCC look. I certainly could say that H-D does the same. I mean face it, there's the FL series, the Dynas , the Softails and the Sportsters in a several different variations on each available. BUT, we the consumer don't look at H-D as being a custom bike builder, so we take what they give us and personalize it to suit our tastes. OCC promotes itself as a builder of custom motorcycles. I suppose they are - - within a set of parameters. I just happen to find those paremeters not to my taste. Also, there's still a ton of guys out there building one off bikes that are radically different from anything we see coming out of OCC. You got money, Perewitz, Sands, Mitchell, Ness , Simms, and many others will build you a bike like nobody's ever seen before. And you know what ? It'll run, handle decent and not be worth pence on the pound in 6 months. The only reason I keep watching the show is to see if Mikey gets it together and Jr manages to survive his father's scortched earth theory of parenting.  With the exception of a couple of the wrenches like  Rick (not the short bald guy with his nose squarely up Sr's ass) and the guy who does the stuff on the water table etc. (Jason Poole is a joke as well ) The old man and his whole circus can go down the toilet and the motorcycle world will be better for it.

B B
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 04:12:45 PM by Spiderman »

Cigarmike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2011, 03:31:58 PM »

http://www.orangecountychoppers.com/inventory

this is their current inventory, 1 2010 original, and 1 2008 bagger. period, not much production imo.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 03:33:48 PM by Cigarmike »
You will get no more Respect than you are willing to give.

Cigarmike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2011, 03:37:42 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-Orange-County-Chopper-Brand-New-/270714908245?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item3f07ddae55

They dont hold their value either, (assuming this guys claims that its an OCC bike are true?)
You will get no more Respect than you are willing to give.

jayray00SERG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red FLTRSE1
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2011, 04:13:48 PM »

Affordable, rideable  and cool?  Pick two.... affordable and cool is not rideable, cool and rideable is not affordable and affordable and rideable is not cool!

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2011, 10:31:21 PM »

Porthole ,
                   I was joking about the sweatshop issue. As to the orginality of the bikes. There's a lot of different styles OCC could go with. They choose to use a basic frame in different configurations. I suspect that the idea was that when you see a bike it has that OCC look. I certainly could say that H-D does the same. I mean face it, there's the FL series, the Dynas , the Softails and the Sportsters in a several different variations on each available. BUT, we the consumer don't look at H-D as being a custom bike builder, so we take what they give us and personalize it to suit our tastes. OCC promotes itself as a builder of custom motorcycles. I suppose they are - - within a set of parameters. I just happen to find those paremeters not to my taste. Also, there's still a ton of guys out there building one off bikes that are radically different from anything we see coming out of OCC. You got money, Perewitz, Sands, Mitchell, Ness , Simms, and many others will build you a bike like nobody's ever seen before. And you know what ? It'll run, handle decent and not be worth pence on the pound in 6 months. The only reason I keep watching the show is to see if Mikey gets it together and Jr manages to survive his father's scortched earth theory of parenting.  With the exception of a couple of the wrenches like  Rick (not the short bald guy with his nose squarely up Sr's ass) and the guy who does the stuff on the water table etc. (Jason Poole is a joke as well ) The old man and his whole circus can go down the toilet and the motorcycle world will be better for it.

B B

I agree with all of your posts. If you need another Roid victim just look at Jason when he first joined the program compaired to now. He's huge in comparison and boy does his personality show all of the classic signs of Roid rage.

Regards

Jerry
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 10:31:09 AM by CVOStreetglide »

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2011, 12:58:53 AM »

I agree with all of your posts. If you need another Roid victim just look at Jason when he first joined the program compaired to now. He's huge in comparison and boy does his personality show all of the classic sighns of Roid rage.

Regards

And after meeting him I will have to disagree. In person he seems like just another wacky designer who appears to enjoy his job, both the serious stuff and the clowning around. And he doesn't look anything like a body builder. He is an artist - and many talented artist have their odd ways.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2011, 10:13:08 AM »

Paul Jr. has a bike unveiling at J & P Cycles in Daytona on Saturday3/12.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2011, 01:13:14 PM »

I agree with all of your posts. If you need another Roid victim just look at Jason when he first joined the program compaired to now. He's huge in comparison and boy does his personality show all of the classic signs of Roid rage.

Regards

Jerry

I saw an old show when Jason Poole 1st joined the show. The few times they put his name up on the screen, his last name was NOT Poole. I say again, NOT Poole. What's up with that ? He also seems like a funny guy and all but he perpetuates the Sr/Jr conflict to his own benefit in my mind and also while he's a trained designer with excellent AutoDesk AutoCAD skills and obviously some artistic ability, but he's got like one basic concept in his mind for designing motorcycles and the rest is all tree trimmings. Jr was like that in the beginning, but a couple of the bikes he's done on his own have shown me he's got more going on than perhaps even he himself has realized (and yes, I know his ego is the size of Rhode Island) Sure Poole likes his job, why wouldn't he ? Sr has adopted him as Jr and Mikey's replacement and probably pays him well; in addition to which he gets to travel, gets paid a per episode fee from the Discovery Channel. Pretty good life and since of late Sr is the incredible shrinking man, Poole (or whatever his real last name is) doesn't have to deal with the old man's Rhoid rage.

B B
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 01:14:49 PM by Spiderman »

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2011, 01:16:49 PM »

Paul Jr. has a bike unveiling at J & P Cycles in Daytona on Saturday3/12.

Pictures please when it happens. I'm not sure what's up with the show. Has it been cancelled due to Sr's inidictment ? No new episodes for some time now.

B B

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2011, 01:18:26 PM »

was finally canceled for real. i think the did enough episodes of jr. v. sr. to fulfill their contract with discovery
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2011, 01:19:53 PM »

OCC has a forum dedicated to them........  My word....

http://orangecountychoppers60315.yuku.com/directory
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2011, 01:20:51 PM »

or maybe not......

had seen this last month
Your favorite TV motorcycle show to hate, “Senior versus Junior”, an extension of “American Chopper”, drew to a close last Monday evening at 10 pm.  Haters, don’t rejoice. Expect 100′s of  hours of rerun, here in the US and abroad. Lovers, rejoice for exactly the same reason…

The series ended with no closure between father and sons. Personally, with its constant quest for drama to attract and keep viewership, I always found the show quite annoying, even painful to watch. Because of the type of motorcycle work done front of the cameras, but also because I will never belong to those who find any pleasure seeing a “new rich” family self-destruct about money issues.

but now i see
February 10, 2011. 8.30 am., Paul Teutul Jr. reveals that the series “Senior vs. Junior” has been renewed for a second season set to air this spring.
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2011, 06:20:16 PM »

Pictures please when it happens. I'm not sure what's up with the show. Has it been cancelled due to Sr's inidictment ? No new episodes for some time now.

B B

Someone else will have to post them.  Left DB yesterday after the rain blew through.  Got crowded on Sat.  Spoke to Paul Yaffe for quite a while on Sat. - heck of a nice guy.  He broke his foot on Thurs.  but was still working the event.

One of those guys - Jr. or Sr. should build a bike for Charlie Sheen  Theme could be powdered white lines, multi colored pills, and tiger blood?
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2011, 01:43:17 PM »

was finally canceled for real. i think the did enough episodes of jr. v. sr. to fulfill their contract with discovery

There are 11 bikes contracted between Discovery and OCC. So you all will have plenty to lament about for the next year  :drink:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2011, 03:54:41 PM »

Mowing the lawn today. Not a very big lawn but with my lumbar stenosis that means 10 minutes work /20 minute breaks to get it done. In between the work segments there was an old episode of American Choppers on. They were building the Statue of Liberty bike. All anyone needs to do to see that they've gone backwards is look at the work they put into that bike as compared to the stuff they crank out now. Looking back at the original shows when they had very little skills hammering at stuff when it didn't fit, using crescent wrenches when the job called for a proper socket or box wrench and so forth and then a couple years where they'd figured it out and were building bikes like the Statue of Liberty bike to now where they try to build one off customs using a mass produced business model, it's obvious that Senior lost sight of why they started the business. Did he start OCC to create a business he could run and work at with  his sons doing something he loved or was it to be rich and famous and filing lawsuits that have torn his family apart. You tell me, but given that we live in a celebrity driven culture I suspect that the next new season will be well watched - - including me since I love a good train wreck and this one has been a favorite for years.

By the way, I'm still waiting for some numbers on actual production bikes. Were are they ? There's 14,000 members of cvoharley.com  SOMEBODY'S got to have seen or heard of an regular off the rack OCC production bike somewhere.

B B
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 22 queries.