Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  All

Author Topic: MoCo announcement today  (Read 40808 times)

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
Re: MoCo announcement today
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2014, 10:03:23 PM »

Hey Puma,
You are absolutely correct about the curves. In fact it is downright dangerous being aggressive on curves riding a cvo convertible. But on the straight away I am sure I can at least keep up with and even surpass a cvo road king or two on my convertible having riden  with a friend who owns one.  As far as balls go you need to do the cvo breakout which I do believe is also a softtail. Then you may have a different take as far as the meaning of balls.
What I do not care for are the ergonomics of the road king.  As with all touring models you tend to sit on top of them as opposed to the softtails where you are sitting more inside of it...between the rear wheel and the engine.  That may have something to do with me being height-challenged...I am only 5'-10" tall.  That may also be why most woman riders usually perfer softtails as opposed to the touring models.
Like they say, to each their own...
Stay Safe!!!
That CVO Breakout was the undisputed hot rod and a beautiful m-fer, too. Specifically the first year it was out in red with the chrome hoops. But since I can only have one bike I insist on a bike that can handle the twisties. As for the ergos, I'm even more vertically challenged than you at 5'8" and I find the king pretty good. It took some getting used to, though. I thought I was more spread out on my Heritage. As you correctly stated, you sit much lower in the bike and closer to the ground, but I found I could stretch the legs more and the mini apes were farther away. The King fits me better, but you definitely feel like you are on the bike as opposed to in it.
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

casbar

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 RK
« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2014, 02:42:00 AM »

I am also 5ft 8, and came to a 2014 CVO RK from an 07 Heritage. My thoughts, loved the Heritage, had Shotgun air shocks so it rode well. It did feel like you sit in the Heritage. The King is brilliant, not so much better, but different. I don't have any issues with the weight, or riding position. It does seem to be a more competent tourer and seems to eat the miles better. I have done a couple of Riders Edge courses, so have no issues with slow riding and handling the extra weight as I always rode a King on the course. The only thing I was surprised of, was when my other half is on the pillion, the bike, there does seem to be less room, than when on my Heritage, it is more snug. She is a small lady, so I kind of expected there to be more space, but I guess that is because of the pillion setup. Love the bags, can get more crap in, than with the leather bags :)

Overall, if I could have kept both I would have, but am happy with the King

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2014, 08:45:00 PM »

My wife has an 09 Heritage, it her favorite bike ever.  She says the fit is better than any other Harley.  She has over 95,000 miles on it.  She had a 11 Street Glide she traded with 44K on it for a 13 Street Glide she just traded with 42K for her new 15 Road Glide Special.

When she rides with me, she is on the touring bikes so she can keep up in the Curves.  She also rides the touring bike on trips over 500 miles, as more comfortable to carry more stuff.

She locally still almost always rides the Heritage, unless she know We will be in curves.

She is 5'8" and has no issues with the touring bikes.  She does think the new 15 Road Glide Special with the new handle bars and such is the most comfortable touring bike she has ever been on.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2014, 09:07:22 PM »

Yeah I had a 2010 heritage, absolutely a great bike and I won't have a bad word said about them,
One of the nicest and most predictable handling Harley's in production, the Road king is more of a long distance mile eater ..... Still miss my heritage though :2vrolijk_21:
Ride free brothers!

J.Mart60

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHX non-CVO
« Reply #139 on: November 22, 2014, 05:40:27 AM »

I have an 07 Street Glide and an 08 cuse3. I absolutly love the SG because of the "sit in" rather than "sit on" aspect, the Ultra feels like a 4WD compared to the SG. That being said, I love the power of the 110. so maybe I need to trade em both in on a CVO SG.
If you want that pat on the back when you do well, you must also accept that kick in the ass when you screw up!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.