Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: A bunch of random questions and observations....  (Read 2508 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: A bunch of random questions and observations....
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 10:44:47 PM »

Annnnnd WRONG...but typical... Doc fees are set up by each state. Dont believe me? Call your state comptroller and Dept of revenue. You'll get your spoonful of knowledge you are lacking in your diet.

Set up fees...so some wrench is just turning itself while your bike is getting put together in the Service Bay? No tech is doing anything but riding the clock claiming to be "setting up your bike"...keep believing that nonsense too...SMH

FYSA, Bikes come off HD trucks on metal skids...wrapped in white plastics and parts are then taped or wrapped in shrink wrapped to your seat... those just magically unwrap themselves and poof.. on your bike they go?? hahaha... ok!

Set up fees are charged for a reason. Dealerships have to pay the tech to do all the work prior to you taking delivery of your scooter. some dealerships take them off because they set DSRP. a markup so they can cover that and make it look like a discount. If you are buying a CVO SG at MSRP and you are getting those fees waived..by all means buy it. But I'm sure you are, in one form or another.
I agree with the Doc fees.
Set up fees , maybe. But $999 to check fluids, screw on a windshield and wipe it down? Not gonna happen.
Last one, I paid msrp for my latest CVO, Doc fees and tax. I did not pay freight or setup either. That's waived at my dealer.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: A bunch of random questions and observations....
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2016, 08:37:41 PM »

Annnnnd WRONG...but typical... Doc fees are set up by each state. Dont believe me? Call your state comptroller and Dept of revenue. You'll get your spoonful of knowledge you are lacking in your diet.

Set up fees...so some wrench is just turning itself while your bike is getting put together in the Service Bay? No tech is doing anything but riding the clock claiming to be "setting up your bike"...keep believing that nonsense too...SMH

FYSA, Bikes come off HD trucks on metal skids...wrapped in white plastics and parts are then taped or wrapped in shrink wrapped to your seat... those just magically unwrap themselves and poof.. on your bike they go?? hahaha... ok!

Set up fees are charged for a reason. Dealerships have to pay the tech to do all the work prior to you taking delivery of your scooter. some dealerships take them off because they set DSRP. a markup so they can cover that and make it look like a discount. If you are buying a CVO SG at MSRP and you are getting those fees waived..by all means buy it. But I'm sure you are, in one form or another.

Another newbie who wants to start out insulting others and being a prick in general.  Good luck with that attitude around here.

You need to educate yourself Steve.  The dealers are in fact paid by the manufacturer to perform the setup/prep, be it cars or be it bikes.  A Harley dealer has to complete the prep checklist and submit a claim to H-D, whereupon he is reimbursed similar to a warranty claim.  The rub is that the dealer can't charge H-D whatever they want, since Harley has set standards they pay per model (they are listed in the Job Time/Code Manual published by H-D); a Touring CVO runs about 2.0 hours.  The prep fee the dealers charge customers is nothing but extra dealer profit.  I can assure you none of them actually pay a tech five hours labor on top of what Harley pays to slap the loose parts on the bike and remove it from the shipping skid/crate.  If it really took that long to prep a new bike, they would need to hire a lot more folks to do prep at one unit per day per person.  And if you can find a dealer who actually pays any of his "techs" $500 to do the two hours worth of prep, let me know who they are.  I'm retired these days and wouldn't mind knocking out one bike per day for $500.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 25 queries.