Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heat Demons need help  (Read 1789 times)

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
Heat Demons need help
« on: October 15, 2009, 05:34:05 PM »

So I've read more threads than I care to have read about the heat demons.  I do believe that from what I've found they are the most reliable, clean and perhaps cost effective method for heated grips.  I wanted to confirm which model Number was needed for the SESG.  I had thought that the bars for the '09 SERG would have the same inside diameter as the '10 SESG and thus required machining to 7/8" inside diameter.  I sent an email to Symtec and got the following response:

The inside of the CVO Street Glide handlebar does not need machining.  The part number that you want for the Heat Demons Chrome Electronic Throttle version is 210045CET and the model number for the Power Demons Chrome version is 210107PDC.  The Power Demon comes complete with the Controller and DC Jack Assembly.

Charlie

So here are my questions:
Does this response sound accurate as far as the part #'s?
Are the bars different for the SERG and SESG?
Has anyone tried this yet on the SESG if so did you have to machine the inside of the bar?
Has anyone tried the power demon and if so what do you think?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 06:59:31 PM by Sapper6 »

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: Heat Demons need help
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 07:08:15 PM »

The only one I can answer is the last one and yes the Heat Demon's work great.  Have had mine on the 05 for at least 2 years with no problems (knock wood).  Wife has them on her 09 FLHX and I had to have the Harley Reach Bars reamed (the Heat Demons fit the stock bars perfect).   You will use them more than you think and are well worth the effort to install.

I know members had to ream the 09 SERG bars.  I am about 99% sure that SERG and SESG bars are different.  I would have to believe that Charlie at Symtec would know but make sure he knows it is a SESG (ask again).

Lastly we greatly appreciate your sacrifice to keep us safe.  Take care of yourself too.

After rereading your post, Charlie states "CVO Street Glide handlebars" so you should be good.  He seemed on the ball when I spoke with him a couple times on the reach bars and reaming.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 07:10:25 PM by Boatman »

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 07:58:41 PM »

My wife has the Power Demons on her SE Deuce and they are very handy for heated clothing and other electrical gadgets.

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 04:35:39 PM »

Thanks Boatman and Buy Early.

I think even if I have to ream the bars I'll still do the heat demon's.  Although it would be nice to know whether they are ready to go or if I need to make arrangements to find a machine shop that will do the reaming.

Looks like the power demon will work with Gerbing's products so I'll probably go ahead and work that in as well.

Still curious though......    does anyone know the internal diameter of the SESG bars?:nixweiss:

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 11:19:34 PM »

Has any one found out the answer ,  this is the info I got from the factory guy:

You will need to check the inside diameter of the handlebar for your Street Glide.  We know that the CVO Street Glide has extra Chrome on the inside which makes the inside diameter of the handlebar too small (.835") and our Heat Demons cannot be installed without Reaming out the inside to 7/8" x 6 in deep.  The standard Street Glide does not need reaming.  Of course you would only have the throttle side reamed.  The problem is extra plating on the inside which makes for too tight of fit.  Many customers have had the bars reamed to make the Heat Demons work.

Thanks
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

worshipduder

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 01:11:24 AM »

man, i went round and round and round. i got the chubby bars and in the end i didnt wanna ream so i got harleys heated hand grips:(  my guy told me that have really changed how they make em and they arent havin problems with them anymore. i bought it with my bike so i gotta 7yr warrantee
2010 FLXHSE Candy Concord
V&H Power Duals
V&H Hi-Output Slip-ons
TTS Mastertune
Feuling Reaper 574 Camchest Kit
Feuling Oil Pump
Dyno'd at 116 HP & 118 TQ
C&C Flame Stitched Seat
Wild 1 Chubby 575s
PM Contour Touring Mirrors
J&M 7.25 Speakers & 250 Watt Amp
Hogtunes Hogpod
Riders Claw
HD Contoured Heated Hand Grips
Wicked Image Flame Shift Linkage
Klock Werks Flare 8.5
HD Electra-Glo™ Light Pod Kit
Kury License Plate

Page created in 0.614 seconds with 21 queries.