Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Dissapointed!  (Read 5973 times)

Foolhardy

Dissapointed!
« on: March 13, 2010, 10:34:23 PM »

Guys,

See photo attached - can you spot the reason I may have exclaimed ..........."what the f@ck have they done to my f@cking bike......?!

Aparently this is what they have to do to export models - as I'm in Singapore thats what I get.

Bad enough the licence plate light and reflector, but that tail lamp is unbelievable.  I would imagine the designer who spent hundreds of hours coming up with that sexy rear end would be delighted to see the beautifully thought out tail light installed for export market.

So now I've got to remove the eyesore and find something to tastefully cover the holes that lie underneath - any ideas?  The scalp of the guy who decided to instal the tail-light was one suggestion...........

DABB

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spicy
    • CVO2: Waiting for a yellow Ultra
Re: Dissapointed!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 10:36:47 PM »

Interesting.  I think there is a couple of canadian posts regarding this?
I am a man of simple tastes, easily satisfied with the best.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 10:38:38 PM »

Look around the site.  There are at least a couple of threads with Europeans looking for (and in at least one case doing) things to get rid of the international rear fender's tumor.

Foolhardy

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 10:47:08 PM »

Tumor is a pretty good word for it!

Got to get the bike through "Inspection" first then we can get the surgeon in to operate.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 10:52:46 PM »

Tumor is a pretty good word for it!

Got to get the bike through "Inspection" first then we can get the surgeon in to operate.

Singapore is so strict with all of its regs would you be able to get by with changing it from the import approved configuration?

Foolhardy

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 12:17:20 AM »

No problem changing - its getting caught thats the problem..........!

For now I can look at ordering the US style clear / grey leanses for turn signal and stop light and we'll go from there.

I did have a look through the site and saw a couple of Canadian posts but didnt see the European's solutions - could you give me a link?

Good news is the bike looks fantastic - but that sexy rear is ruined by the.....tumor

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 12:26:53 AM »

that tail light is freakin' ugly, but I am sure you will find a way around it....good luck
 :2vrolijk_21:
Mods:
Mirror Chrome Agitator Wheels
Freedom Racing Duals
C&C Seat (Squeeter's Revenge)
Hawg Wired "Double Shots"
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
HD Chrome Accents on gauges/radio
Tune Trapper Antenna (hidden)
Riders Claw
Footboard/Passenger Extensions
SE Shift Linkage
Joker Machine Saddlebag Latches
Ness Flame Grips (billet)

paprgod

• Ridin' Harleys for 33 of my 49 years.

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 - Black & Blacker
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCU
    • CVO3: 1977 XLCR
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 01:12:15 AM »

Ours have the same license plate light setup - including the very easy to remove reflector that looks like an afterthought - but I'ev got to say, that tail light is as awkward as a waterhead putting on a turtle neck.

I think HD needs to send you a Candy Concord U.S. spec fender !!
2012 FLHXSE3

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 01:57:55 AM »

Our English member Kevinski decided to remove the international rear fender with the pig nose rear light and he bought  a US fender with all  the nescessary wiring loom etc, had it all painted and installed, for sure an expensive option,

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=41792.0

have a look in the road glide section, they have exactly the same issue, member Highjagger came up with a solution with an after market rear lamp

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=41212.0

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=31359.15

Kuryakyn make a low profile smoked glass led rear lamp that would replace the stock, it wouldnt protrude quite so much as the original rear light

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/8/scID/7/IMID/1728

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 04:28:19 AM »

ugly like mine .
This is what i ended with .
 Till i will spent the money for a new rear fender without the hole .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 08:50:53 AM »

so far I think this http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/8/scID/7/IMID/1728 along with the smoked signal lenses is the cleanest way to go other than replacing the entire fender which is the ultimate. imo :nixweiss:

« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 09:20:25 AM by Hawg »
Hawg

Foolhardy

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 09:04:50 AM »

Thanks for the ideas and links guys.

Once the bike has gone through inspection, thats it for 3 years, so thats when we all tear them down and stick on the new pipes etc.  Hardly anyone gets stopped on modded Harleys here as long as its within reason, and once we're in Malaysia you can pretty much do what you want.

Important thing is to be seen by the caged animals on the road!  Looks like the European market has an even more ugly tumor than mine!

Lets see when mine gets on the road.  First trip is 3600km to Phuket Bike Week early April so that'll be a good shakedown - we'll see what falls off on the road.

I'm a bit reluctant to put new pipes etc on until we get through the warranty - a good many older CVOs here have very bad overheating problems, though the feedback I'm seeing here is that the heat issues are a thing of the past?  I'm thinking of boring out the cat and putting the Boom Cans on for a laugh - though I'd need to put some baffles in aswell and probably change the ECM - I know there was a good post on taking out the cat.  Anyone any good / bad news on this?

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 12:38:58 PM »

I also tried this kuryakayn smoked low profile taillight (bulb version) but it wasn`t satisfying and the bulb version was not safety enough because it wasn`t bright enough . I took it away again after a one-day-ride. Maybe the LED version is better .

Boring out the cat is a good beginning , better is to remove the cat completely , you have to change the AFR to run the engine cooler and dyno it because the removal of the cat makes the dyno numbers worse .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 06:09:43 PM »

I know how you feel. Canadian bikes require the brake light, and end up with Amber Signals too... IMHO very ugly. I ordered US Spec smoke grey signal lights - Left 69383-09, Right 69407-09; a Kury 9182 curved plate frame and a Kury 5409 smoked low profile LED tail Lamp. All totalled about $700 Canadian. I think it looks much better now... still not as good as those the US Spec bikes, but as good as we can get without new tins.

Also FYI, the signals will be red and are not Running/Brake lights like in the USA. I'm looking for a conversion harness at Kury... but no luck so far... but still looks sway better.

Here is the before and after of my bike:
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 06:20:24 PM »

I know how you feel. Canadian bikes require the brake light, and end up with Amber Signals too... IMHO very ugly. I ordered US Spec smoke grey signal lights - Left 69383-09, Right 69407-09; a Kury 9182 curved plate frame and a Kury 5409 smoked low profile LED tail Lamp. All totalled about $700 Canadian. I think it looks much better now... still not as good as those the US Spec bikes, but as good as we can get without new tins.

Also FYI, the signals will be red and are not Running/Brake lights like in the USA. I'm looking for a conversion harness at Kury... but no luck so far... but still looks sway better.

Here is the before and after of my bike:
This looks much better
Hawg
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 21 queries.