Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: My Krypto also came in with something that it's not supposed to come with???????  (Read 5262 times)

slotbike

• Full CVO Member

Guys,

My bike came from the factory with rear "fully adjustable" passenger floorboards, like on the CVO Ultras!  What do you make of that? Could they have run out of rear pegs and mounts??????

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Guys,

My bike came from the factory with rear "fully adjustable" passenger floorboards, like on the CVO Ultras!  What do you make of that? Could they have run out of rear pegs and mounts??????

Just another f*&k up since they moved the CVO production to the main assembly line.  There's been quite a few bikes reported on here that were put together with different parts.   If you don't want the floor boards PM me and I'll swap my rear pegs off my SESG, and some cash, for your rear floor boards.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE

I think you were lucky and you should be checking your bike over carefully to make sure everything is correct on your bike

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR

Do not complain.  You just save yourself approximately $400 

slotbike

• Full CVO Member

I'm not complaining.....just pointing it out! I actually think it's cool that they upgraded me to some more expensive parts....only thing is, my girlfriend rides her own 2010 Wideglide, so....no feet will ever see those boards :)

G

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member

Is suppose that's a "nice," or desirable f-up, but, seriously, that's totally unacceptable from a quality standpoint.  Just another sign of the times, I guess.

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC

aahh we cvo owners are never happy

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle

I'm sure they'll swap you out for the pegs that were shown on the bike.  And if no one's gonna ride with you, you might rather have them.  Those boards are a lot of chrome tho... :coolblue:...look good.   :2vrolijk_21:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

slotbike

• Full CVO Member

I'm sure they'll swap you out for the pegs that were shown on the bike.  And if no one's gonna ride with you, you might rather have them.  Those boards are a lot of chrome tho... :coolblue:...look good.   :2vrolijk_21:  spyder

Those "chrome boards" are going to be black, when I get through with them  :huepfenlol2: :cucumber:

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

I'm sure they'll swap you out for the pegs that were shown on the bike.  And if no one's gonna ride with you, you might rather have them.  Those boards are a lot of chrome tho... :coolblue:...look good.   :2vrolijk_21:  spyder
I agree I moved my Rider pegs to the front so it would be nice to get them to comp you for them...Do not count on it

Marine Aviator

• Full CVO Member

That's a great deal if you ask me.  Now just get the rider pegs (cheaper) and put them on the crash bar for highway pegs.  You just saved a lot.  OR: since no one rides as a passenger, sell those, buy some pegs and mounts with the proceeds and pocket the change.  Either way, you got lucky my friend.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

That's a great deal if you ask me.  Now just get the rider pegs (cheaper) and put them on the crash bar for highway pegs.  You just saved a lot.  OR: since no one rides as a passenger, sell those, buy some pegs and mounts with the proceeds and pocket the change.  Either way, you got lucky my friend.

That's what I'd do.  The foot pegs on the rear are a little cleaner than floorboards, if you don't have a regular BSR.  But nothing back there is even cleaner. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry

Very nice jesture. hehe.
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq

bigjohn

• Full CVO Member
  • "Glorified Briggs and Stratton engine"

That is one good looking bike    :2vrolijk_21:     :2vrolijk_21:
Hang on Newt......she's headed for the buckwheat

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

Don't tell your dealer, he will give you a bill.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

slotbike

• Full CVO Member

Don't tell your dealer, he will give you a bill.

It was the first thing I pointed out to my dealer.  "My dealer", unlike many other ones that I hear about is, honest, caring and "always" goes out of his way for me and my buddies.  New Roc HD in New Rochelle NY.....they are the best around here! They were happy that I got the floorboards, "IF", that is what I wanted and offered to get me the correct pegs, "IF" and "ONLY IF" that is what "I" wanted them to do. Obviously, I'm keeping what the bike came with.........REAR FLOORBOARDS!

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2

Guys,

Great score. I paid to put them on my ride and i moved the pegs to the front. Did you get a 16GB or an 8GB ipod?

jcd520

This is interesting about the passenger floorboards------------my bike came with Chrome front floorboard mounts on the right side and black ones (like on the non cvo bikes) on the left. My dealer quickly got me the chrome left side ones at no charge when I pointed it out. I guess since the CVO bikes are assembled on the regular line now the person just grabbed the wrong ones when doing the left side. Kinda funny really but kinda sad too.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

Reading about all the mixing and matching mistakes should make everyone grab their ass and pucker just a bit when you consider that the "factory customization" program is coming and will bring many many more optkions to the lines for them to screw up.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800

I guess it's true these days.

"A CVO is like a box of chocolates... You never no what you're going to get!"
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 11:18:05 PM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

slotbike

• Full CVO Member

Great score. I paid to put them on my ride and i moved the pegs to the front. Did you get a 16GB or an 8GB ipod?

Didn't see the Ipod yet, everything was packed in the Saddlebags and I was more interested in the paint :)

G

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth...I understand all of the other comments and concerns but RUN!!!!

;)  :D  :2vrolijk_21:

:nixweiss:

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI

Since they will never be used, just remove them and pack them away.
It will be less chrome to have to black out......
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

slotbike

• Full CVO Member

Since they will never be used, just remove them and pack them away.
It will be less chrome to have to black out......

Keats.....smartest comment I've heard yet ;)

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)

Nice score! I certainly didn't complain when I opened my 16 gb ipod.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

LoneCustom

• Junior CVO Member
  • Let's Ride!

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Glide in Crystal Citron

IF you are going to be keeping the floorboards on, you may consider this:

When you go to back up the bike, the footboards hit you right in the Achilles tendon on the back of your leg.  Recommend swapping the supports from side to side.  It moves the boards towards the rear of the bike several inches and will save you lots of pain....  There is a thread on this board about that somewhere; I just can't seem to find it.

slotbike

• Full CVO Member

When you go to back up the bike, the footboards hit you right in the Achilles tendon on the back of your leg.  Recommend swapping the supports from side to side.  It moves the boards towards the rear of the bike several inches and will save you lots of pain....  There is a thread on this board about that somewhere; I just can't seem to find it.

No need to.....these have the 360 degree rotation so they can be rotated all the way up or back, out of the way.  It is the same mounts that are on the CVO Ultra!

G

uncleruby

• Love the new bike!

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 B/O

Seems the MoCo has really missed the mark this year. But the problem is, we just won't quit buying them. Otherwise they might take notice!
Work Sucks! Let's Ride!

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

Where is the thread you are referring to above??

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
    • CVO2: 2009 Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2003 Serk

Could it be that the workers at the factory are making a statement to Harley by putting the wrong parts on our CVO's ?  I'm sure they know that this site is being looked at by Harley/Dealers.  IE. Jams too much on us and this will happen? I can't believe that they don't know or understand that every bike coming down the line is important to assemble correctly. Cvo are Top of the Line items and in my belief the quickest way of getting higher ups attention. 8)

jcd520

remember they are union and just recently struck for more money. Unions may have been a good idea to start with but they sure suck now! If we only paid them more money they would put the right parts on ----------yeah, right!

2010SSRS

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2

almost $900 for the matching fully adjustable ones on mine......luckily the dealership threw them in for free, but the receipt shows almost $900
TR590 Cams - Hi Comp Pistons - Stage 3 Heads - V&H Dresser Duals - V&H Hi Outputs - Tuner - Custom Map - 104hp/121tq

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

Could it be that the workers at the factory are making a statement to Harley by putting the wrong parts on our CVO's ?  I'm sure they know that this site is being looked at by Harley/Dealers.  IE. Jams too much on us and this will happen? I can't believe that they don't know or understand that every bike coming down the line is important to assemble correctly. Cvo are Top of the Line items and in my belief the quickest way of getting higher ups attention. 8)

Could be.  Or it could be that the aces running the place just throw anybody with arms and legs on any job after 2 minutes of training and go sit back down in the office to play games on the computer.  I've seen both situations over the years in the auto industry, and I'm certain it isn't much different at Harley from things I've heard.

One of the big concessions that Harley won in the latest contracts was the ability to use "temporary" workers.  That tends to be folks who get paid much less and get no benefits, and it's an idea they borrowed from the auto companies.  If you think quality sucks now, with unhappy regular employees who have had their benefits reduced and their workloads increased, just wait until they ramp up production at some later date by adding temps.  Then you will get to see what I saw for the last 5-10 years of my career, people busting their butts for peanuts right next to other people making full wages and benefits, all doing the same job.  Talk about problems in the workforce; you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Never forget, it's managements job to errorproof the system.  Some might call it poky-oke, old timer's like me call it idiot proofing, but it all boils down to designing the process to eliminate the possibility of mistakes.  In real life it will never be perfect, but it can be much better than what Harley passes off as a production system.  They didn't do a very good job before all the labor unrest, so I don't think you can just lay off all these recent errors on disgruntled workers.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

remember they are union and just recently struck for more money. Unions may have been a good idea to start with but they sure suck now! If we only paid them more money they would put the right parts on ----------yeah, right!

Actually, they didn't strike for more money.  The folks making all the demands were the suits from corporate who still get the big bucks and perks.  The hourly workforce got reduced benefits, elimination of wage increases and benefits that were already agreed to in previous contracts, changed work rules, etc.  While it's very likely that many of these changes were needed, there is always more than one way to achieve an objective.  Bending folks over a barrel and shoving something where the sun don't shine while threatening their livelihood is not a method that leads to harmony in the workplace.  Perhaps if management had been worth a tinker's damn over the past 20 years, they wouldn't have reached the point where all these major changes were necessary.

BTW, I don't belong to a union, and haven't since 1969.  Just because one is a member of management, however, doesn't mean one shouldn't try to see things from both sides.  Blaming everything on unions and hourly workers is about as smart as blaming teachers, firefighters, and police for the inability of states to meet their budgetary obligations.  The folks making the big bucks to make the big decisions and run the show have done a very poor job over the past decade or two, and now everyone wants to blame the little guys for the fallout.  BS!

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 21 queries.