Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: B&W Trailer Hitches Biker Bar  (Read 25592 times)

vinnieee

• Orange Jewel
Re: B&W Trailer Hitches Biker Bar
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2013, 06:50:31 AM »

I just got the Biker Bar for my trailer so I can load and unload myself and no tie downs is a bonus. Just have to clamp on the bar before load and remove bar once unloaded from trailer.
Fullsac stage 1

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2017, 12:42:40 PM »

The last post was from 2013.  Looking to learn if anybody else has had any first hand experience with these?

Was considering a Wheeldock for the toy hauler but these things look to be much easier and I can't find any negative feedback and they have a high customer service rating on Amazon and ebay.

I did find a YouTube video that shows them loading an ultra classic in the exact same model of toy hauler that I just bought and it sure looks simple.....

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 03:51:24 PM »

While I don't have the biker bar, I have their 5-wheel hitch, turn-over ball, and headache rack and the quality is second to none.  They make a very good top notch product.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 04:28:25 PM »

Down side to this thing is the fact that you are bolting a piece of welded together steel, that has no engineering data to support it's strength, to a piece of 1/2" plywood (in most motorcycle trailers), maybe tieing it into one crossbar made of 1/4 angle iron welded onto the frame of the trailer if the install location happens to match up with the crossmember.
Personally I do not want to tie down a 900# + motorcycle with a bracket held in by 4 bolts to a piece of plywood. Wouldn't take much impact to rip the whole thing from the floor. A strong man can beat a hole in a piece of plywood with a 16 oz hammer, so what happens when you add the other 899#s?
And before anyone comments that all trailers have motorcycle tied to plywood floor, well mine doesn't. I have e-track welded front to back on both sides of trailer to each crossmember as well as the front and rear of the trailer and a Condor thru bolted to add-in crossmembers.
I take this strength thing serious.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2017, 07:01:09 PM »

It comes with two 5" square plates to put on the bottom side to bolt to.   But I'm thinking a steel plate welded to the frame.....what's another 50 lbs. when you're pulling a trailer that comes in loaded at 8 1/2 tons?

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

FreestateSE3

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2012 FLSTSE Convertible
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2017, 08:31:12 AM »

It comes with two 5" square plates to put on the bottom side to bolt to.   But I'm thinking a steel plate welded to the frame.....what's another 50 lbs. when you're pulling a trailer that comes in loaded at 8 1/2 tons?

Wow, nice frickin rig👍.  We're looking at a Spartan 300 for long trips.  As to the Biker Bar, our Condors proved themselves on our run to Daytona last fall.  On I-81, we hit a rather large "bump" at 65 mph, got the truck & trailer airborne, and the bikes didn't move. Scared the heck out of me.
Don
Rolling Thunder, Inc.
Virginia Chapter 1
"Never Again"

wtfdskin

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2017, 08:05:23 PM »

Im ordering one when i get home from florida. The bike fell over today coming up 95. Checked it twice in the first 200 miles and all was good. Got to our stop for the night and she was down. Luckily nothing was broken. Right lower around the speaker wore through the paint, two scuffs in bag.

Closing the barn door after the horse got out i guess. Could have been much worse. I've used the same method for 5 years and a ton of miles with no issues.  Its not if, but when.

wtfdskin

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2017, 08:12:29 PM »

Is that rig a Grand Design? Ive been wanting to look at them. I think they are the "new" Carriage company. I have the Carriage C-Force, Its built great but hellish heavy. 40' long with a 12' garage sure is handy though. Im grossing around 27k combined. Would love to shed a ton or two.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2017, 10:07:33 PM »

Going to try to get the Biker Bar installed tomorrow.  It would be so much easier if the RV storage was just a tad bit closer.  If I get to it tomorrow, I'll try to get some pics.

Yes, it's Grand Design Momentum 376TH.  41'4" bumper to 5th wheel pin and empty it's 15,900 lbs.  Add the batteries, the solar panel, 3rd A/C option, the washer/dryer, water, clothes, ,food, dishes, motorcycle, etc. I'm thinking it's going to be real close to 20,000 lbs.   5 slide outs.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/showroom/2017/toy-hauler/momentum/floorplans/376th
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 10:10:32 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2017, 12:56:38 AM »

Going to try to get the Biker Bar installed tomorrow.  It would be so much easier if the RV storage was just a tad bit closer.  If I get to it tomorrow, I'll try to get some pics.

Yes, it's Grand Design Momentum 376TH.  41'4" bumper to 5th wheel pin and empty it's 15,900 lbs.  Add the batteries, the solar panel, 3rd A/C option, the washer/dryer, water, clothes, ,food, dishes, motorcycle, etc. I'm thinking it's going to be real close to 20,000 lbs.   5 slide outs.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/showroom/2017/toy-hauler/momentum/floorplans/376th
JC, that rig is insane! Just went through their website, nicer than my house... Good for you guys!
Alan

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2017, 03:12:21 AM »

Thanks Alan.

I just found a great install video for the Biker Bar.....    

West Coast GTG   

J Heinlein

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2017, 07:56:30 AM »

This is the only way too Go !  I have two sets which I have used for years.  Moved them from three different trailers and now into my Toy hauler for the last time.  Well I hope for the last time.  Once you get the mounting hardware in and adjusted they are a dream.  I have traveled thousands of miles over the years and have never had one of my bikes move must less fall over.   Great Product.   Hurts on the wallet but in the long run worth every penny/ dollar. 

wtfdskin

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2017, 05:34:54 PM »

My paint repairs either out of pocket or for my deductible will easily cover the cost of one. Im done with straps, and I- 95 sucks ass.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2017, 06:47:10 PM »

Install is done.  The bike doesn't touch anything (except where the bar clamps to the frame).....room on all sides.  And very easy to ride in and lock in.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2017, 06:48:05 PM »

With the long ramp on this model (Momentum 376TH) it's very easy to ride up in and lock it down without bottoming out at the top of the ramp.  Surprisingly, it feels much more solid than I thought it would yet so easy for one person to load and unload.

Once it's loaded nothing touches the bike except where the bar clamps to the frame.  Plenty of room to load and lock and then get off the bike even for 6'4".

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 24 queries.