Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fullsac MX vs Fuel Moto Jackpot XXX - Feedback  (Read 1922 times)

Ta2dResqr

• OH

Fullsac MX vs Fuel Moto Jackpot XXX - Feedback
« on: October 22, 2020, 11:26:10 AM »

I made it a whole 2500 miles and the modification bug has bit me already. I would like to do a Stage I on my 2018 FLHXSE. I know I want to use the Thundermax tuner. I have one on my old bike and am very happy with it. I have pretty much settled on the K&N - Fuel Moto Custom Hi Flow Air Cleaner for M8 Ventilator. This will keep a stock appearance and supposedly supply 80% more flow. This leaves me with exhaust. I have the Smoked Satin Chrome on my bike. If I change the exhaust to chrome or black, that leaves just the front forks and would look odd in my opinion. I would like to keep the factory shields and muffler end caps. This has led me to the two options in the title. I already know this bike will end up Stage IV with a big bore and big cam someday (just like my old bike). I am not concerned with sound (loud, quiet, whatever, doesn't matter). I have a ThunderHeader on my old bike and love it but, it is not an option with my heat shield requirement. Can anyone point me to Fuel Moto or Fullsac AND tell me why they went that way? It seems on here, Fullsac is the way to go and on the Harley forums Fuel Moto is the top choice. I have been hunting for a heads up comparison with no luck. The biggest advantage I see with Fuel Moto is that I can get it already ceramic coated. Fullsac doesn't seem to have that option on the MX. Non coated the pipes are within $50 of each other and the coating only adds another $150.

TL;DR - Which head pipe and why?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 06:33:43 AM by Ta2dResqr »
2018 FLHXSE Dark Alloy/Black Denim
Oil Cooler Fan
Redline Fluids
ThunderMax
Fuel Moto Ceramic Jackpot XXX Headpipe
FullSac 2.0" cores with TechMat
Fuel Moto Modified K&N Intake
Feuling Vented Dipstick

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: Fullsac MX vs Fue lMoto Jackpot XXX - Feedback
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 06:36:14 AM »

On a stock or mild build the Fullsac MX will be better.  The Jackpot XXX is designed for big builds, with lots of cubic inches and power.

I went Fullsac for a few reasons.  First the XXX was not out at the time I bought a headpipe.
2nd I have had very good results with Fullsac head pipes in the past.
3rd Moonshine HD is Franklin TN did a compare of it to the D&D Billet Cat, and the Fullsac look great with less noise.
4th works very well with stock or mild motor, keeps torque to the left and a good curve. Ran one for a year on stock 18 CVO

Now, I have a built motor, 130 inches, 12.1 to 1 compression.  Fullsac MX still keeps torque to the left, does not hold back any power, and has a great torque curve.  My opinion is it would be hard to beat this pipe. 

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Ta2dResqr

• OH

2018 FLHXSE Dark Alloy/Black Denim
Oil Cooler Fan
Redline Fluids
ThunderMax
Fuel Moto Ceramic Jackpot XXX Headpipe
FullSac 2.0" cores with TechMat
Fuel Moto Modified K&N Intake
Feuling Vented Dipstick

2019CVONH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

Re: Fullsac MX vs Fuel Moto Jackpot XXX - Feedback
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 07:55:41 AM »

I made it a whole 2500 miles and the modification bug has bit me already. I would like to do a Stage I on my 2018 FLHXSE. I know I want to use the Thundermax tuner. I have one on my old bike and am very happy with it. I have pretty much settled on the K&N - Fuel Moto Custom Hi Flow Air Cleaner for M8 Ventilator. This will keep a stock appearance and supposedly supply 80% more flow. This leaves me with exhaust. I have the Smoked Satin Chrome on my bike. If I change the exhaust to chrome or black, that leaves just the front forks and would look odd in my opinion. I would like to keep the factory shields and muffler end caps. This has led me to the two options in the title. I already know this bike will end up Stage IV with a big bore and big cam someday (just like my old bike). I am not concerned with sound (loud, quiet, whatever, doesn't matter). I have a ThunderHeader on my old bike and love it but, it is not an option with my heat shield requirement. Can anyone point me to Fuel Moto or Fullsac AND tell me why they went that way? It seems on here, Fullsac is the way to go and on the Harley forums Fuel Moto is the top choice. I have been hunting for a heads up comparison with no luck. The biggest advantage I see with Fuel Moto is that I can get it already ceramic coated. Fullsac doesn't seem to have that option on the MX. Non coated the pipes are within $50 of each other and the coating only adds another $150.

TL;DR - Which head pipe and why?

I went with the Jackpot 2/1/2 (not the XXX because my air flow wasn't ready for that pipe yet) and like it alot. Not quite sure what the real difference is between a stock  decat header but what I do like about the Jackpot is that it has a "Bung" that you can remove if needed if your bike doesn't have the airflow to keep your torque up. I did look at the Fullsac but I read some reviews about the 2 into 1 where the pipe would crack. There were multiple people with the same issue. Also when you looked at the metal in the cracked piece, it looked really thin in my opinion. The last and biggest reason I didn't go with it is because of their web site, or lack there-of. Their site mostly consisted of videos of bikes doing wheelies and I couldn't find a pipe or any pipe information for my 2019 CVO.

I just went to give you all a link to https://fullsac.com/product/2017-2021-mx-touring-headpipe/ to show you how inadequate it is for my application but low and behold! They have updated the site to include bikes past 2016! As I said this was a big factor in my decision as we are ALL Internet based and have been for many years so having a good web presents is very important to your company.

Now to throw you a twist, I've read a number of times that a Fullsac header with KromeWorks mufflers is one of the better exhaust systems when you have over 140 HP. After I had read this, I told one of buddies about this who is the king of roll-ons and I am the only one that know even a little about what he has in his bike and he told me that he has this exhaust and has had for three years! So he knew something way before all of us! I guess that's why he's king (for a day!).

I plan on going this route as he has OR Kromeworks has their own full system in Eclipse( https://www.khromewerks.com/exh-header-archive/exhaust-header-201445/ )  which is similar to what my 2019 VCO heat shields came with but the whole exhaust is in this color so you aren't stuck with chrome or black exhaust and have to cover it!

Hope this helps you!

2019CVONH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 08:03:31 AM »

On a stock or mild build the Fullsac MX will be better.  The Jackpot XXX is designed for big builds, with lots of cubic inches and power.

I went Fullsac for a few reasons.  First the XXX was not out at the time I bought a headpipe.
2nd I have had very good results with Fullsac head pipes in the past.
3rd Moonshine HD is Franklin TN did a compare of it to the D&D Billet Cat, and the Fullsac look great with less noise.
4th works very well with stock or mild motor, keeps torque to the left and a good curve. Ran one for a year on stock 18 CVO

Now, I have a built motor, 130 inches, 12.1 to 1 compression.  Fullsac MX still keeps torque to the left, does not hold back any power, and has a great torque curve.  My opinion is it would be hard to beat this pipe.

Hi,
Nice numbers on that dyno! Can I ask how you got to 130? Did you use 128 jugs and bore them or did you stroke this? How "Ridable" is yours on the street? Like when your going through town at 30?

Thanks

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2020, 04:39:00 PM »

Hi,
Nice numbers on that dyno! Can I ask how you got to 130? Did you use 128 jugs and bore them or did you stroke this? How "Ridable" is yours on the street? Like when your going through town at 30?

Thanks

S&S cylinders 28 cylinder bored to 30 by Don at H-D Street Performance, he did my heads also and supplied the pistons.    It more power than my target was, but extremely pleased with it.  Love the torque curve, power everywhere. 

Bike is extremely ridable, I have put over 20K miles on it since we built it.  I've done 600 miler days on interstate, I have rode slow though town, I have rode mountains and very twisty roads, hair pin curves and so on.  Bike does very well, no issues I have noticed.  Right hand control is very important as two much wrist and the tire is spinning.  Any experienced rider should have no issue with it. 

I'm a Fullsac fan, been using his headpieces since 2010, on my bikes and my wife's, both stock and built.  Currently have two build.

2019CVONH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2020, 06:33:54 PM »

Thank you. What if I may ask did you use as a tuner? Most of you BB guys go with TTS? I currently have a Thundermax because my reasoning was that if something happened to the bike, I could always put the original cylinders and ECM back in and send it to HD. In September my HD warranty is up but this winter I'm planning a power upgrade. Not sure all the peices yet. Thinking 128 kit from FuelMoto, HD intake with 5.5 injectors. For now stock heads with Fullsac header and possibly Khromeworks mufflers. I already have the woods 22xe cam, S&S lifters and collars and Quickie pushers. I'm using a K&N A/C which is similar shape but larger and works well.

What clutch is holding all that power? Inwas going to go Reklus?

Maybe we could talk this week if you have time?

Ashley ( NH guy)

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2020, 10:41:21 PM »

For whatever its worth I am getting my bike tuned in a couple of weeks as my warranty ends this week and when I asked my tuner which header to use he said he had better luck with Fullsac. When he tuned my last bike I had already bought the Jackpot which he did not sat anything negative about when I brought it to him so he had no reason to tell me the Fullsac so I went with that. I have the HD Stage 4 131 kit on it.
Just a FYI, on my last bike the FM header did crack. They replaced under warranty but in reference to comment that Fullsacs cracked thought I would mention.
I also have no reason to pick one over the other and if all things the same I would have picked the FM because of the ceramic coating..
And yes, I use the TTS. On my last bike I got into a bit of a legal battle since my bike kept sumping and I made them replace bike under lemon law. The rep told me he suspected I had tuned bike but they couldnt prove it since the TTS flashed back to stock. Lots of debate out there whether MoCo can see it or not but I can tell you 100% they can not. Battle got a tad ugly and they would have loved to be able to get out of what I was demanding! I not only made them replace bike but every option including very expensive audio system that they ended up having to pay my stereo shop for..
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 10:48:37 PM by SDCVO »
Alan

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2020, 11:52:32 AM »

Thank you. What if I may ask did you use as a tuner? Most of you BB guys go with TTS? I currently have a Thundermax because my reasoning was that if something happened to the bike, I could always put the original cylinders and ECM back in and send it to HD. In September my HD warranty is up but this winter I'm planning a power upgrade. Not sure all the peices yet. Thinking 128 kit from FuelMoto, HD intake with 5.5 injectors. For now stock heads with Fullsac header and possibly Khromeworks mufflers. I already have the woods 22xe cam, S&S lifters and collars and Quickie pushers. I'm using a K&N A/C which is similar shape but larger and works well.

What clutch is holding all that power? Inwas going to go Reklus?

Maybe we could talk this week if you have time?

Ashley ( NH guy)

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

All my bikes prior to the 2019 have been tuned with the TTS.  This bike, I used the Power Vision, main reason is that is the one my tuner likes and uses the most.

I am using the Rekluse Torque drive.  Its doing a very good job. 

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 25 queries.