Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Heated handgrips on a Vrod?  (Read 6872 times)

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
Re: Heated handgrips on a Vrod?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 07:47:41 PM »

Dang, I'm behind on all the threads!  Sorry, TC.

I wear a 3/4 helmet with shield.  I'd love to wear a full-face helmet in the winter, but can't find one I like that fits!  My neck stays wrapped and warm.  I swear I have a short in my hands.  I wear gloves just about all winter even if I don't need a coat.  If my hands are cold, I'm miserable.  I was thinking of even trying the cheapy battery-operated gloves out of the old-person catalog that I read at the doctor's office.  But some new "NASA approved" gloves while shopping with JC and Terri the other night.  They are supposedly designed to hold in body heat, blah, blah, blah.  I bought two different pairs because Terri and I couldn't decide if the one pair would be too slick to use while riding the Vrod.  They've been great in every day wear.  I haven't ventured out on the bike yet.  Maybe soon since I have several people FINALLY who want to test ride the Sporty!!

BTW, JC asked about you and Suzanne at dinner the other night.  He enjoyed meeting you both on their first trip.  We would have tried to get more people together on this trip, but it was a spur-of-the-moment trip and I found out they were in Atlanta while on my way to the airport in DC to come back to Atlanta. 

Have a good weekend,
V
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 08:20:44 PM »

Dang, I'm behind on all the threads!  Sorry, TC.

I wear a 3/4 helmet with shield.  I'd love to wear a full-face helmet in the winter, but can't find one I like that fits!  My neck stays wrapped and warm.  I swear I have a short in my hands.  I wear gloves just about all winter even if I don't need a coat.  If my hands are cold, I'm miserable.  I was thinking of even trying the cheapy battery-operated gloves out of the old-person catalog that I read at the doctor's office.  But some new "NASA approved" gloves while shopping with JC and Terri the other night.  They are supposedly designed to hold in body heat, blah, blah, blah.  I bought two different pairs because Terri and I couldn't decide if the one pair would be too slick to use while riding the Vrod.  They've been great in every day wear.  I haven't ventured out on the bike yet.  Maybe soon since I have several people FINALLY who want to test ride the Sporty!!

BTW, JC asked about you and Suzanne at dinner the other night.  He enjoyed meeting you both on their first trip.  We would have tried to get more people together on this trip, but it was a spur-of-the-moment trip and I found out they were in Atlanta while on my way to the airport in DC to come back to Atlanta. 

Have a good weekend,
V

V...would have loved to see JC again and meet Terri...we really enjoyed meeting them when they were here in June.  There will be other opportunities though.

Good luck on the Sporty...like the Duc, you've got to find the right buyer for her.

On the full face, you might go to the nearest Beemer dealer and try on the Nolan N102 flip face...Suzanne had a hard time finding a helmet to fit her, but she LOVES the Nolan.  Just something else to try on...I really like mine too.

Have a great weekend and stay warm!!!

Terry
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

DynaSoar

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 06:43:09 PM »

I don't know if there is any truth to this, but the dealer told me that H-D doesn't make any heated grips that are compatible with the VRSC bars. I was thinking of getting some. That doesn't mean that aftermarket aren't available. Kuryakyn maybe?

hdfxr3

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • AL

• CVO1: fxr4 screaming yellow
    • CVO2: fxr2 stone cold blue
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2007, 09:51:18 AM »

i've owned a bike or two w/ heated handgrips, great accessory..and no wires to hook up when getting on bike. you can vary the temp too, to suit your taste, they kick on automatically from thermostat located in grip.  highly recommend this if riding in year round riding.  dave

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2007, 11:26:03 AM »

i've owned a bike or two w/ heated handgrips, great accessory..and no wires to hook up when getting on bike. you can vary the temp too, to suit your taste, they kick on automatically from thermostat located in grip.  highly recommend this if riding in year round riding.  dave

The problem is the HD units break regularly...do you know of an aftermarket grip that looks like something other than a rubber broom handle?
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2007, 08:47:32 PM »

The problem is the HD units break regularly...do you know of an aftermarket grip that looks like something other than a rubber broom handle?

With you there!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 25 queries.