Author Topic: VRSCX  (Read 13807 times)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
Re: VRSCX
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2007, 06:50:07 PM »

I don't like mid controls for cruising.For making passes down the track they put the ride in a better position for wind resistance.I don't race my big bikes,I just make passes down the track so that I have an accurate time and mph reading.It's fun.It's probably easier on them than when I street race.I love the look on peoples face when I keep up or pass them when doing this on the street.I have never been on the track,on a bike,for bracket racing.
Yes I have ridden other years and models of VRSC's.
The difference in the rake on the 06 CVO's and the 07's w the 240 make a big difference in the ridability of the bikes.The opened wheels really make the bike easier to controll at speeds over 100mph and in dirty wind from large vehicles.
I lowered my 03 for looks.I cut the rear shocks and installed the progressive springs and SE oil in the front.I put a 240 wheel and tire in the rear and weld smoothies for rims.The anodized skins and solid wheels make the 03 for me.The wind wobble is definatley the stock wheel design but never has bothered me or scared me enough to ride w white knuckles.I don't carve canyons w it so I'm safe not rubbing the chrome off my parts.I took a Badlander reach seat and modified it so that I sit over an inch lower than stock and 2 inches back from stock and I'm comfortable as hell,i'm 5' 7".I have a new seat ordered for the X to modifiy so my butt will be in a lower riding position.I'm saving all of the original parts because the X is a #ed bike,[highlight]mine is # 41.[/highlight]
I want to make some passes and a dyno run w the X before I modifiy the engine,so I can have before and after comparasons.
I have had the 03 11.80 and am hoping for a high 10.90 on the X.After this spring the 03 will be in the low 10's and still be reliable for long cruises.

Vgirl,what part of the country are you in?

07X....how do I know what number is mine?

Thanks,

Jorge

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2007, 06:52:40 PM »

All righty...I'll bite...why the trade, if you are willing to share the thought process.

Amigo Jock.....in shorts words: '07, 2 year warranty, awesome paint graphics, limited number, 240mm tire, brembo brakes, 5-gallon tank.................. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2007, 09:23:09 PM »

Amigo Jock.....in shorts words: '07, 2 year warranty, awesome paint graphics, limited number, 240mm tire, brembo brakes, 5-gallon tank.................. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Thanks for the feedback...I have not checked into these bikes but they look good...2 yr. warranty...and 5-gallon tank nice...

Enjoy the New Ride....And Have a Blessed New Year!

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2007, 11:01:41 PM »

Thanks for the feedback...I have not checked into these bikes but they look good...2 yr. warranty...and 5-gallon tank nice...

Enjoy the New Ride....And Have a Blessed New Year!

Thanks mi amigo...the same for you and your family [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2007, 11:02:34 PM »

I don't like mid controls for cruising.For making passes down the track they put the ride in a better position for wind resistance.I don't race my big bikes,I just make passes down the track so that I have an accurate time and mph reading.It's fun.It's probably easier on them than when I street race.I love the look on peoples face when I keep up or pass them when doing this on the street.I have never been on the track,on a bike,for bracket racing.
Yes I have ridden other years and models of VRSC's.
The difference in the rake on the 06 CVO's and the 07's w the 240 make a big difference in the ridability of the bikes.The opened wheels really make the bike easier to controll at speeds over 100mph and in dirty wind from large vehicles.
I lowered my 03 for looks.I cut the rear shocks and installed the progressive springs and SE oil in the front.I put a 240 wheel and tire in the rear and weld smoothies for rims.The anodized skins and solid wheels make the 03 for me.The wind wobble is definatley the stock wheel design but never has bothered me or scared me enough to ride w white knuckles.I don't carve canyons w it so I'm safe not rubbing the chrome off my parts.I took a Badlander reach seat and modified it so that I sit over an inch lower than stock and 2 inches back from stock and I'm comfortable as hell,i'm 5' 7".I have a new seat ordered for the X to modifiy so my butt will be in a lower riding position.I'm saving all of the original parts because the X is a #ed bike,[highlight]mine is # 41.[/highlight]
I want to make some passes and a dyno run w the X before I modifiy the engine,so I can have before and after comparasons.
I have had the 03 11.80 and am hoping for a high 10.90 on the X.After this spring the 03 will be in the low 10's and still be reliable for long cruises.

Vgirl,what part of the country are you in?

I found it...mine is number 51

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2007, 07:44:03 AM »

I found it...mine is number 51

TORO 51, COULD BE YOUR TAG NUMBER JORGE  
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2007, 05:18:26 PM »

why Toro mi amigo?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2007, 05:35:50 PM »

Why not VRSCX51?

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2007, 07:35:21 PM »

why Toro mi amigo?

TUFF AS A BULL JORGE
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2007, 10:58:18 PM »

[highlight]Why not VRSCX51?[/highlight]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

I thought the same amigo Gary...let's see if they allow 7 digits.....but I liked that [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2007, 04:29:36 PM »

EL TORO [smiley=orange.gif] [smiley=carrot.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=apple.gif] [smiley=cucumber.gif] [smiley=mango.gif] [smiley=pepper.gif] [smiley=pineapple.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2007, 02:52:54 PM »

07X...I have been in Tampa area this weekend  and  I traded my VRODSE '05 for one like this one yesterday....I went  to the dealer with no intention in purchasing a bike and I got this.....we will be in touch and congrats for yours [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

WHAT????   How did I miss this one??????  I thought you loved the 05 Vrod?  After seeing it up close, I wasn't as taken as I originally was!  I saw a few Vrods yesterday that I really liked the paint on!  For instant the HD custom skins in Candy Apple Red (with only 150 made)!!!!!   If I had a silver frame and regular console, I'd order a set!  The black with purple flames are not bad either!!!!   But a trade?  NOT YET!!!!

Congrats Jorge!  I know you'll love it!!!!!!  
 [smiley=worthless.gif]
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2007, 03:41:09 PM »

WHAT????   How did I miss this one??????  I thought you loved the 05 Vrod?  After seeing it up close, I wasn't as taken as I originally was!  I saw a few Vrods yesterday that I really liked the paint on!  For instant the HD custom skins in Candy Apple Red (with only 150 made)!!!!!   If I had a silver frame and regular console, I'd order a set!  The black with purple flames are not bad either!!!!   But a trade?  NOT YET!!!!

[smiley=worthless.gif]

V, here's the thread and pics

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1167693009/0

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2007, 08:09:35 PM »

[smiley=worthless.gif]

Thanks V.....I don't know why but I feel this one different than '05....the Brembo brakes are awesome!! When I meet you again you can ride mine of course......make plans to go to Daytona with DC.....

Riode safe,

Jorge

migs

• FLTRSE3 09 - FXSTB 08 - XLCR78 - FXB 82 - XR1000
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2007, 11:19:10 AM »

... lucky you, I ordered mine in october but I am still waiting for news (news not bike... :() from my dealer, here in Europe no one has seen the VRSCX, rumours one was at Colonia Exhibitition in november but here in Milan at HD stand they presented the Sportster prototype and the new Buell (Erik Buell in person was here to introduce it).. my dealer says it ll arrive .... well usually in europe SE model arrive in the period between february and april (my FLHTCSE04 arrived in may!!) but the strange thing is that RK SE arrived last week and no one knows anything about VRSCX (there are unofficial news of about 35 pieces in Italy as the VRSCX will not be sold in France for example...)
... in the meantime I sold the Buell and my wife is using my FLSTC02.... mmmm    :-/
Multiplo Migs
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 24 queries.