Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any 2019 GTS gurus here?  (Read 835 times)

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Any 2019 GTS gurus here?
« on: April 18, 2019, 10:07:19 PM »

so trying to figure out this import map to the gts through the hd app on iOS.  i've watched several videos and it all appears easy enough.  but, when i try to do it, it doesn't work.

in the video, iPhone is bluetoothed to the gts.  in the hd app, dude types in a search for a poi, and then hits the 'send to gts' button.  easy, yes?  however, when i've tried it, what ends up happening is that the 'hd app' icon on the gts becomes greyed out and i can't get it recognized again. 

now, i have tried typing in a store about a mile down the road, it finds it, i hit 'send to gts', and it worked okay.  but, when i try to do the same thing with a route that i created through the app, i get the 'send to gts' button.  i hit that, and it says 'downloading route' but it just flashes once very quickly and the 'hd app' icon on the gts greys out.  to get it back, i have to force quit the app, delete it from the phone, forget the bluetooth link, reinstall the app, and then re-pair the phone to the gts.

i haven't tried to import the route using a usb drive, but i really would like to get the hd app working properly.  would be a whole lot simpler.

any suggestions?
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: Any 2019 GTS gurus here?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 09:14:22 AM »

I use an iPhone 7.  I have similar issues.  Some times it connects and the app works great.  Next time it takes me turning on an off the bike a time or two and forcing the app to close.  Lots of bugs in the GTS.  I plug my iPhone in and use it as an iPod.  Half the time I shut the bike off and fill with gas, then start bike, and music will not play.  Have to open phone and hit play.  Also after a call music stops and will not start after call.  This has worse bugs than the 14 did, and they are still updating that head unit and its issues.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 09:23:02 AM »

I use an iPhone 7.  I have similar issues.  Some times it connects and the app works great.  Next time it takes me turning on an off the bike a time or two and forcing the app to close.  Lots of bugs in the GTS.  I plug my iPhone in and use it as an iPod.  Half the time I shut the bike off and fill with gas, then start bike, and music will not play.  Have to open phone and hit play.  Also after a call music stops and will not start after call.  This has worse bugs than the 14 did, and they are still updating that head unit and its issues.

I have the 2017 version.  It's buggy & about 1/3 of the time will be playing an MP3 when the bike is turned on with a message saying "No media found" on the screen.  I figured out if you hit "fast forward" (left control pushed all the way to the right & held) that this error message disappears & the screen lists the song & artist. Otherwise the error message will stay on the screen even after multiple songs changes.  GPS is a sad joke that is just not reliable enough to be reliable, better than nothing.

It appears HD considers this screen as a selling point, but true functionality is just an afterthought.  Car/truck Info screens have been mostly reliable for years.  HD has the wrong managers in place in this area since it is a multiple year issue with no real fixes in spite of the huge list indicated in the updates.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Plongson

• UT

• CVO1: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey & Wineberry with Red Pepper
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 04:25:51 PM »

I am certainly no guru but I've played with the GTS quite a bit. IMO it works pretty good, still a few bugs but I'm having better luck than I did with the old infotainment. This is what I've found though in regards to your issue...

That "Send to radio" only works for locations found using the search ie. restaurants, gas or other POI's

If you create a route on the HD Ride planner, it automatically syncs to your phone, then when the bike and the phone are linked, the HD APP button is available on the bike. When you hit the HD APP button on the bike, it loads (syncs) all the routes phone to bike...If you tap (on the bike) a route it will DL the ride and throw a error message (that's the bug...)...but don't despair...if you move to the far right of that same screen, you'll see routes and trails (going by memory here...), tap on routes and the ride is there.

This is all by memory but if you play with it you'll see where I'm going with this. Give it a try and get back to us!

GOOD LUCK! It does work...
2019 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
Magnetic Grey, Wineberry with Red Pepper

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 08:26:18 AM »

I think this is the most buggy and glitch ridden radio yet, the GTS needs serious work. 

After a call music will not resume.  you either stop and restart bike, or make another call.

half the time it finds my phone when I plug my phone in, half the time it does not.  Have to start and stop the bike to get it to find phone, some time 3 or four times.  This is the same for using it for music or to get the HD ride planner app to show up.

Playing music on phone, wired, stop the bike and fill up.  Music will not resume 80% of the time.  Have to open phone and hit play.

Did not have this issues on my 18, or my 17 or my 15 CVO bikes.

Do not have these issues on my wife's 2012 Range rover, my 17 F-150 or my 18 Corvette.

There are many more issues, but these are the one that are every single time I get on the bike.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 12:49:58 PM »

okay, so i just cheated.  i had apple car play enabled on my gts and completely bypassed the hd app and transferring routes to the gts.  i can use apple maps, waze, or google maps to handle the nav duties.  i'm used to them.

haven't had much call to use them yet, but so far, they seem less 'buggy' than the hd nav.  pandora works as it should when the phone is plugged in so don't have to do any specific start up sequences to get it to work.

since i don't have a whim installed, i can't use the talk/text features of car play, but i'm okay with that.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 12:52:30 PM by skratch »
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 04:21:22 PM »

I am certainly no guru but I've played with the GTS quite a bit. IMO it works pretty good, still a few bugs but I'm having better luck than I did with the old infotainment. This is what I've found though in regards to your issue...

That "Send to radio" only works for locations found using the search ie. restaurants, gas or other POI's

If you create a route on the HD Ride planner, it automatically syncs to your phone, then when the bike and the phone are linked, the HD APP button is available on the bike. When you hit the HD APP button on the bike, it loads (syncs) all the routes phone to bike...If you tap (on the bike) a route it will DL the ride and throw a error message (that's the bug...)...but don't despair...if you move to the far right of that same screen, you'll see routes and trails (going by memory here...), tap on routes and the ride is there.

This is all by memory but if you play with it you'll see where I'm going with this. Give it a try and get back to us!

GOOD LUCK! It does work...

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE...IT WORKED FOR ME.

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 22 queries.