CVO Technical > Twin Cam

Freedom Cycles CVO 103 Cams

(1/12) > >>

hd-dude:
I recieved another Freedom Cycles exhaust package today and in it Brad included the dyno sheet for thier new CVO 103 cam.  

I called him to talk about it and be sure it was ok to let the cat out of the bag and he is ready to go with the cams.  
These are gear drive cams made to bolt into the CVO 103 motor. They are made to his specs by Andrews.

Attached is a dyno sheet with the new setup. Before is a stock 05 SEEG with Freedom Pipes, PCIII, and AC kit.  103.5hp, 105.6 tq

After is the cam change only 102.8hp, 111.4tq

Not a huge difference in numbers but he stated that the bike runs better, and pulls harder. The best thing is that there are no more cam shoes to worry about.

They will be selling the cams for somewhere arouind $900.00. This will include cams, bearings, gear drive, pushrods, , and gaskets. For buyers with the Freedom setup he will provide the custom map for the PCIII so your ready to go. Freedom cycles # is 775-358-3500

sefatboyscott:
I notice the rev limiter is set at 5,800 or so. Wonder why? When my fatboy was custom mapped they set it to 6,300.

How much does this set up in completion run including the Freedom "kit".

Just curious. I added a race tuner and a set of caliber pipes and my numbers are in my signature. Seems like alot of bucks for 6hp and 4 lbs of torque more than I got now. I do like the no cam chain tensioner thing though.

hd-dude:

--- Quote ---I notice the rev limiter is set at 5,800 or so. Wonder why? When my fatboy was custom mapped they set it to 6,300.

How much does this set up in completion run including the Freedom "kit".

Just curious. I added a race tuner and a set of caliber pipes and my numbers are in my signature. Seems like alot of bucks for 6hp and 4 lbs of torque more than I got now. I do like the no cam chain tensioner thing though.
--- End quote ---

The bike has the stock download in the ECM, which is set to 5800. Freedom does not use the Race tuner they use the PCIII. For now the PCIII does not allow you to increas the rev limit. They (power commander)have been working on a revision to the PCIII that will allow the rev limit to be raised. As far as cost goes they sell the pipes, PCIII, and stage 1 AC for about $1,400. The PCIII comes mapped for the 103 so you don't need to get it dynoed. I'm not sure if they have a setup for Softails.

sefatboyscott:
Is it because you live in Cali that you need to upgrade the air cleaner. My fatboy came from the factory with a Stage 1. Or perhaps it is the difference in modles, you get all that wonderful gadgets like a radio etc and I get a Stage 1?

syclone:
If it's not "secret" info...I sure would like to know the cam specs. there are already gear cams out there that will get you 6 ftlbs over that area of the curve.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version