Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CVO Road Glide Ultra 110ci Engine Failure  (Read 1104 times)

Thom

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2004 CVO SEEG
CVO Road Glide Ultra 110ci Engine Failure
« on: November 01, 2019, 11:43:16 AM »

My motor just hatched. When I purchased it, several people said: Its not if your engine will have major failure but when.  I thought I could avoid any issues with the type of riding I do and my diligence of maintenance.  All three holes every 5,000 miles.
Please respond with your problems and repairs.  If the dealer/factory stood behind it, if under warranty or out of pocket.
Thanks in advance for your prompt responses.
The mechanic stated that the crank shifted and the flywheel is hitting the case.  Sound like the crank bearings went out.  Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 05:33:56 PM by Thom »
Thom

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: CVO Road Glide Ultra 110ci Engine Failure
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 11:57:42 AM »

A lot depends on what "just hatched" means specifically. Plus do you want to just overhaul it or do power mods.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 12:08:40 PM »

I probably already know the answer, but what exactly failed?  Does the bike have an extended service plan in effect?  As for the MoCo stepping up to help with the repairs, don't get your hopes up on that.  They have shown no desire to own the defects they created, some have had problems getting them to step up even during the factory warranty period.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

joe98

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 05:02:51 PM »

Sorry to hear about your misfortune;  but as  Gerry mentioned if you could give the group here some more details on the nature of the failure , was your bike modified, if so how heavily modified, how many miles on the motor, and lastly do you have any warranty left?  Lots of great honest, friendly and knowledgeable people here that should be able to point you in the right direction and help you out... Good luck.

Gkup

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 Street Glide
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2019, 08:57:23 AM »

I have a 2016 Street Glide CVO. Was in Daytona Biketober Fest when my motor started make some new noises. Went to Rossmeyer and they said the motor was blowing up. Pulled the crank sensor and it was full of metal fillings. For what ever reason I purchased the extended warranty. It’s in the shop now in Iowa getting a full rebuild. The warranty is going to cover everything except a $50.00 deductible. When done it’s probably gone!!

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2019, 03:05:52 PM »

What is Hatched? And what really happened to the bike? Are you just speculating?

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2019, 04:26:12 PM »

I have a 2016 Street Glide CVO. Was in Daytona Biketober Fest when my motor started make some new noises. Went to Rossmeyer and they said the motor was blowing up. Pulled the crank sensor and it was full of metal fillings. For what ever reason I purchased the extended warranty. It’s in the shop now in Iowa getting a full rebuild. The warranty is going to cover everything except a $50.00 deductible. When done it’s probably gone!!
Similar to my '12....but....they did a shyte job.....leaks and burns oil.....shipping it to another dealer when I get a chance.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 24 queries.