Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: This is my cam tensioner and bearings!  (Read 20813 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: This is my cam tensioner and bearings!
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2006, 07:55:21 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, BLM777
Actually, I had already scheduled Her for new Valve springs.  We noticed the 0 oil pressure, when we started it up, to load in the FEATHERLITE.  We knew something was wrong.  Cut it off, and restarted Her, and it came right up.  That didn't sound right, did it? ;) ;D  I hope my  Rivera will suffice.  [highlight]I may have to get Neal to De-Tune Her a little!  You know, cut the HP back.[/highlight]You believe that, don't you Brian? [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Later--HUBBARD            

Hubbard,
I know we've never met in person, but I think I know you well enough to ask this.... Are you having some kind of bad flashback of a bad trip earlier in life? You cutting back HP! I can't even believe your fingers let you type this. I bet you get tarpal tunnel syndrome from typing something like that, you'd better be careful.  :)

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2006, 07:59:10 PM »

Hubbard, what did you hear to know that you were having this many issues or was it found in a regular PM on the bike?  Was this 2 years of hard wear or did it happen more recently.  Was it caused by a loosening chain due to tensioner wear...Any thoughts on this.

Yeah, 'er 'uh, fatboyse2,
  I didn't hear a thing!  I was taking Her in for PM check, and to replace my valvesprings.  I had hit the Rev-Limitier more than a few times, and that's harder on valve springs than anything, IMO.  It would have been 2 years next month, and yes, I have abused that Motor.  I guess I would have to relate the failure to my MODS, and really runnin' the chit out of it, but the damage done is a direct result of the tensioner failure, absent the broken Valve Keeper.  Later--HUBBARD  
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 08:02:03 PM by HUBBARD »
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2006, 08:16:08 PM »

Go ahead do it MAKE MY DAY.

OTIS ;D  

Yeah, 'er 'uh, OTIS,
  You know I was just blowin', Man!  Let's say I would cut it back to, lets say, 110 HP.  Then, we should run about even, up to around 125-30 mph, but then you'd start to gain on me, because of the areodynamics.  At least I'll admit what's in my Motor.  Why don't you fess up, and tell these fine people how you get 110 HP out of a STOCK '01 SERG, with a "little" Head Work?  Curious Minds want to know!  Please advise.  Later--HUBBARD          

2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2006, 08:23:56 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, OTIS,
  Why don't you fess up, and tell these fine people how you get 110 HP out of a STOCK '01 SERG, with a "little" Head Work?  Curious Minds want to know!  Please advise.  Later--HUBBARD          

Yeah OTIS!! Fess up! HUBBARD just put you on the spot [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Now come clean and share your work with others >:(

Spread the word for ALL to read ;D

Take Care,

Grover

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2006, 08:30:03 PM »

HUBBARD-

Darnitt! You don't need any more P-O-W-E-R!! Give us Lil fellas a chance to keep up.

By the way, congrats on catching Ole Maudi before she had a nervous breakdown. Hope all the build goes well.
  Have a damn good time in Daytona!  WFO [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Take Care,

Grover

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2006, 08:35:16 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Grover,
  Thanks, Man.  Ain't you goin' to Daytona?  Please advise.  And OTIS ain't gonna' fess up!  He's just gonna' grin like a 'possum eatin chit, like he always does, when somebody asks him what he's done to that Motor!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Later--HUBBARD  

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2006, 08:41:57 PM »

I didn't hear a thing!  I was taking Her in for PM check, and to replace my valvesprings.  I had hit the Rev-Limitier more than a few times, and that's harder on valve springs than anything, IMO.  It would have been 2 years next month, and yes, I have abused that Motor.  I guess I would have to relate the failure to my MODS, and really runnin' the chit out of it, but the damage done is a direct result of the tensioner failure, absent the broken Valve Keeper.  Later--HUBBARD  

Glad to hear you caught this before it got real expensive.  Some good things to say about doing maintenance and inspections regularly especially if you like to lean on it regularly [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Did I see somewhere you are looking to add Nitrous to your volitile mix.  Forget keeping up with you on the road, with that speed you'll be a couple beers up on everyone[smiley=drink.gif]cause you're getting to the next pitstop a half hour before the rest [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2006, 08:50:55 PM »

No NOS for me!  I'm too crazy to have that chit strapped to my butt!  No moderation!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Later--HUBBARD
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 08:51:17 PM by HUBBARD »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2006, 08:56:21 PM »

Hubbard,
I know we've never met in person, but I think I know you well enough to ask this.... Are you having some kind of bad flashback of a bad trip earlier in life? You cutting back HP! I can't even believe your fingers let you type this. I bet you get tarpal tunnel syndrome from typing something like that, you'd better be careful.  :)

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Fire00d,
  OK.  I lied.  Does that mean I don't get carpal tunnel, since I fessed up?  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] We'll meet up, someday.  You goin' to Daytona, or Myrtle, or Maggie Valley, this year?  Please advise.  Later--HUBBARD

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2006, 08:57:43 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Grover,
  Thanks, Man.  Ain't you goin' to Daytona?  Please advise.  And OTIS ain't gonna' fess up!  He's just gonna' grin like a 'possum eatin chit, like he always does, when somebody asks him what he's done to that Motor!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Later--HUBBARD  
Not this year. I'll be gettin married in the spring. I know I'm  [smiley=zstupid.gif] So Daytona will have to wait 'til next year. But we'll be doing Cripple Creek & Maggie Valley this year.
Tell that 'possum OTIS to enjoy his dinner [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]and clean his plate!!

Take Care,

Grover

P.S. I'll bring a 6' tow strap to Maggie Valley...hook it to Ole Maudies forks and to my backrest...then you'll be able to read my plate.
WFO [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] ;D  

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2006, 09:01:46 PM »

P.S. I'll bring a 6' tow strap to Maggie Valley...hook it to Ole Maudies forks and to my backrest...then you'll be able to read my plate.

Ooooooh, that was pretty good.  Grover has some verbal b*tch slapping skills going on.  

Um, ok......  Next !   [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 09:02:12 PM by twolanerider »

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2006, 09:06:56 PM »

It's all in good HUMOR...Just for laughs...Nothing personal...Just good clean fun... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Kinda like Ole Maudie tryin to chase me down  [smiley=nervous.gif];D

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2006, 09:12:30 PM »

Not this year. I'll be gettin married in the spring. I know I'm  [smiley=zstupid.gif] So Daytona will have to wait 'til next year. But we'll be doing Cripple Creek & Maggie Valley this year.
Tell that 'possum OTIS to enjoy his dinner [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]and clean his plate!!

Take Care,

Grover

Yeah, that'll be good, Grover.  Never thought of that "towing" thing.  OTIS was gettin' tired of having to go get fuel for Ol' Maudie, all the time.  She don't get but about 15-20 miles to the gallon, with that "BIG MOTOR", and all.  And you're sure, you don't mind to help a Brother out?  I'd help you, if you ran out of gas.  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Later--HUBBARD

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2006, 10:10:27 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Fire00d,
  OK.  I lied.  Does that mean I don't get carpal tunnel, since I fessed up?  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] We'll meet up, someday.  You goin' to Daytona, or Myrtle, or Maggie Valley, this year?  Please advise.  Later--HUBBARD

Hubbard,
Daytona - No, not making that this year.

Myrtle - That is the plan at this time. (Have to work May 14, and planning on heading down either 16th or 17th for the rest of the week)

Maggie Valley - Still working on that.

But hell West "By God" Virginia state line ain't but about an hour or so away from me, so we may meet even before any of these major events.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.