Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Kuryakyn Blind Spot Mirrors  (Read 10515 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Kuryakyn Blind Spot Mirrors
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2008, 08:32:08 PM »

That's a good quality and you are in good company around here. :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenjump3:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2008, 08:52:39 PM »

Pete, looks good! :2vrolijk_21:  Do you need to remove the mirrors to put the chrome on? :nixweiss:

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2008, 09:04:08 PM »

Pete, looks good! :2vrolijk_21:  Do you need to remove the mirrors to put the chrome on? :nixweiss:

Yes, you need to remove fairing and mirrors.  Backside of covers has adhesive tape.  Clean mirror, apply primer provided, rub adhesive strips to activate glue, remove backing on strips and apply cover.  They actually look better than I thought they would.  While the mirrors themselves looked fine, the chrome adds that custom touch that makes them unique.  Haven't seen any other SE or Street Glide with the chrome covers yet.  Highly recommended :2vrolijk_21:
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

hogasm

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2008, 09:17:04 PM »

Pete with the covers on are the turn signals still visible?

Thinking of those for Crash for the front turn signals and mirror combo

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2008, 09:26:50 PM »

Pete with the covers on are the turn signals still visible?

Thinking of those for Crash for the front turn signals and mirror combo

Brian, maybe you missed my earlier post, I returned the Kuryakyn mirrors with the turn signals and replaced with the HD fairing mirrors like on the Street Glide.  Better visibility due to the convex glass.  Anyway, Kuryakyn now makes chrome covers for the HD mirrors with and without turn signal indicators.  I elected to go without the turn signal feature, but if you want it, it is available.   You will have to drill a 1/4 in hole directly under the mirror mounting bolt for the wiring harness that plugs directly into your turn signal harness.  Check out the Kuryakyn site under mirrors and download the installation instructions that provides the details. 
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

hogasm

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2008, 06:58:27 AM »

Brian, maybe you missed my earlier post, I returned the Kuryakyn mirrors with the turn signals and replaced with the HD fairing mirrors like on the Street Glide.  Better visibility due to the convex glass.  Anyway, Kuryakyn now makes chrome covers for the HD mirrors with and without turn signal indicators.  I elected to go without the turn signal feature, but if you want it, it is available.   You will have to drill a 1/4 in hole directly under the mirror mounting bolt for the wiring harness that plugs directly into your turn signal harness.  Check out the Kuryakyn site under mirrors and download the installation instructions that provides the details. 

No Pete I did not see that post. I liked the idea of having turn signals that were not clearly visable when loking straight at the bike.

I have seen the covers that you are talking about, I dont want to have the wire exposed between the mirror and fairing. Spent alot of time making sure that even the main wiring harness is hidden in the frame.

Looking now for internal clutch for a bagger. Have seen electronic clutches....might work if I can find them again.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2008, 09:41:49 AM »

I have seen the covers that you are talking about, I dont want to have the wire exposed between the mirror and fairing. Spent alot of time making sure that even the main wiring harness is hidden in the frame.

Hey Brian, is this your B&B SEEG you're talking about?  If so, I can't wait to see it w/o that blob of wire on the frame neck.  :) har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

hogasm

« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2008, 04:37:27 PM »

Hey Brian, is this your B&B SEEG you're talking about?  If so, I can't wait to see it w/o that blob of wire on the frame neck.  :) har!  spyder

No it's for the 2002 bike.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.28 seconds with 25 queries.