Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: STARTING ISSUE 2014 CVO BO  (Read 25153 times)

Louie u

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

Re: STARTING ISSUE 2014 CVO BO
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2014, 09:30:51 AM »

Mine does the same. Never an issue starting but almost like a hesitation like the battery is weak but not the case because it's always on a tender.

Riegs

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2014, 04:37:52 PM »

I have had no dramas at all, started fine after 2 n half weeks. Always on tender when in the garage. Using 98 octane, not that would cause starting issues but.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fmx austin

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2014, 04:34:31 AM »

I had a starting issue with my 2014 breakout and it turned out the fuel pump was spent bike was running lean. New one after a 2 week wait and good as gold. Hope you find the problem.

HDBill

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2014, 06:30:18 PM »

Fuel pump replaced helped my issue on starting except it still has the hesitation (slow to turn over) when you first hit the start. Does fire on initial try now. I have a lot of pressure releasing from the tank now taking off the cap. Anyone else get this after fuel pump replacement?

Louie u

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2014, 08:27:18 PM »

I rode mine Sunday and put it on a trickle yesterday. I tried to start today and no go on first try. Second try it did with a little struggle. Rode for a while, stopped twice. Both times it started but not effortlessly. My bike has a powervision on it, only mods are pipes. Fuel Moto mapped it and I have ran two auto tune sessions. Bike had an issue starting since the day I picked it up, I thought it might be due to compression. I have about 600 miles on it, I just don't want to get towed . Next week I'll do the 1000 mile service and I'll see what the dealer clowns have to say.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2014, 08:36:06 PM »

I rode mine Sunday and put it on a trickle yesterday. I tried to start today and no go on first try. Second try it did with a little struggle. Rode for a while, stopped twice. Both times it started but not effortlessly. My bike has a powervision on it, only mods are pipes. Fuel Moto mapped it and I have ran two auto tune sessions. Bike had an issue starting since the day I picked it up, I thought it might be due to compression. I have about 600 miles on it, I just don't want to get towed . Next week I'll do the 1000 mile service and I'll see what the dealer clowns have to say.

Have you verified your compression releases are working (turned on in the software)....

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Louie u

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2014, 08:49:44 PM »

I am new to the whole tuner thing so to answer your question , no. I know the issue was there since day one. I will call fuel Moto just to make sure there is nothing on the tuner end and will ask them about the compression releases. Thank you Sadunbar.

magna941

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2014, 08:32:48 AM »

Have same starting issue with mine. It doesn't start hard always but more times than not. Did you ever get yours fixed? First trip to dealer told me nothing was wrong battery tested fine. When i put a meter on the battery at start up, voltage drops to 9.7 to 6.0 depending on how hard it starts. I have a TTS Mastertune with map # EAT617-01. V&H 2 into 2 big radius, no other mods. I am sure that dealer will tell me that it is the TTS but i have had that map on bike since last November and didn't have starting issues until a month or two ago. Going to dealer again today. Anybody have any insight?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 05:39:32 AM by magna941 »

pharough

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MS

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2015, 03:49:49 AM »

I know its been a while since this thread was active, but thought I would chime in. I have had this problem of slow to start for some time now. First time I brought it in they blamed the battery and replaced it under warranty and seemed to start fine there at shop. I took it home and problem continued, so I decided to record what it was doing during start up which was taking three times to start. So I brought it back to the dealer and said I am leaving it here until you find the problem. At first they could not get bike to do it every time. They checked fuel pressure and it was fine. In one final attempt the tuner thought to leave fuel pressure gauge on to see if pressure bled down. Sure enough, that was it. They replaced the fuel pump for second time...more on that in a minute, and it runs like a champ. I say the second pump because when I first purchased the bike, they installed the wrong o ring on the pump and it was getting blow by which caused the bike to run like crap. This was after I broke down the day I bought it on way home due to bad voltage regulator. Needles to say my faith that CVOs were built by the best with the best parts has been tarnished. But my dealer treats me like family and takes care of me.

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2015, 10:23:29 AM »

I have the same problem. It hesitates on startup since new. I have it on a battery tender when parked. I'm taking mine to the dealer next week. Still under warranty. Your tip about the fuel pressure gauge is what caught my attention. Thanks!  :2vrolijk_21:
Bill - Greenville, South Carolina

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand & Blaze Orange with Black Abyss Graphics
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
Bassani ProStreet Turnouts
124 HP 133 TQ

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2014 BREAKOUT
    • CVO2: 2006 ROAD KING CUSTOM 95 INCHER
    • CVO3: 1981 CUSTOM SHOVELHEAD 80 INCHER
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2015, 12:52:20 PM »

The fuel pressure problem makes sence. I am pretty tight with the guys near me too so I will ask them to check that out for me also.

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2015, 03:21:18 PM »

The fuel pressure problem makes sense. I am pretty tight with the guys near me too so I will ask them to check that out for me also.
Let us know how you make out. Seems like a number of us are having this issue.

2014 CVO Breakout
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
124 HP 133 TQ

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2015, 06:50:54 AM »

Ok, took the bike to the shop and told them about the hesitation on startup. Left it overnight because it happens mostly on cold starts (it's hit and miss...almost always on cold starts, sometimes on warm starts). The shop called Milwaukee for advice. No help. Shop checked battery, compression releases, and checked pressure on fuel pump. Found a slight drop in pressure so they replaced the fuel pump. No help whatsoever. Still does the same thing on startup.  :wall:

2014 CVO Breakout
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
124 HP 133 TQ

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2014 BREAKOUT
    • CVO2: 2006 ROAD KING CUSTOM 95 INCHER
    • CVO3: 1981 CUSTOM SHOVELHEAD 80 INCHER
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2015, 07:31:29 AM »

That sucks. I haven't taken mine up yet. I just put the new 14" Wild1's and haven't added the Dot4 yet. Manual says it has to be put on Digital Tech. Im guessing to start the ABS motor/pump in it. If I cant bleed both clutch and frt. brake I will take mine back to the dealer then and request they find out whats going on with the cold start issue.

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2015, 07:44:25 AM »

That sucks. I haven't taken mine up yet. I just put the new 14" Wild1's and haven't added the Dot4 yet. Manual says it has to be put on Digital Tech. Im guessing to start the ABS motor/pump in it. If I cant bleed both clutch and frt. brake I will take mine back to the dealer then and request they find out whats going on with the cold start issue.
Let us know if you find out what the problem is.

2014 CVO Breakout
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
124 HP 133 TQ

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 24 queries.