Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Considering a 2018 FLTRXSE  (Read 1727 times)

Timinfla2

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

Considering a 2018 FLTRXSE
« on: October 07, 2020, 08:44:26 AM »

Hey folks,
By way of introduction, this is my first post.  I've ridden all my life, starting in dirt bikes, and my last two big bikes where Harleys - a 2006 Ultra Classic and a 2011 RGU that was just totaled.  Turns out I was built to take a hit better than the bike! 

I've always DREAMED of getting a CVO, and I've been a die hard Road Glide guy since I picked up my 2011 new off the floor.  The check that Geico cut me will go a long way toward making an extravagant purchase like a CVO a reality for me. 

I saw this one and it seems ideal. 

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2018-Harley-Davidson-ROAD+GLIDE+CVO-5014079353

I plan on taking it in for a pre-buy inspection but I wanted to throw this out to the community first and see if there were any deal breakers that could be seen so far. 

The one thing I am not thrilled about is that he replaced the HD Stereo with an Aftermarket.  Yea, I love that it will work great with my Apple Car Play setup but I wonder what features I lose by not having that head unit in there any longer.  With the HD Iphone App no longer function? 

$35k seems like a lot of money for a 2018 with over 10K miles on the clock but then again it looks like there's been some extensive upgrades so maybe it's priced fair. 

Anyway, thanks for any advice fellas, I appreciate your time. 

Regards,
Tim

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Considering a 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 10:23:49 AM »

Welcome to The Forum! Can't help you on the price but a little research should help you.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 11:13:35 AM »

Welcome. Tour pack and lowers alone are a huge add on in price. That 2-1 exhaust tells me that there's no chance in hell of getting any kind of HD extended warranty/service plan on it.  Hard to say what all's been done to the engine without reading the ad.

Aftermarket stereo could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on what it is. As much as a lot of people like to bitch about the HD unit, it's pretty much weather proof if you ever get caught in bad weather.

I think the price is a little on the high side but it does have a chunk of extras. Bank usually won't consider that in value.

I just tried the link and got "page unavailable". Might be my phone or it could be gone. Dunno

Sent from my boring Droid phone.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 11:15:48 AM by OBB »
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Timinfla2

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 11:15:45 AM »

Welcome. Tour pack and lowers alone are a huge add on in price. That 2-1 exhaust tells me that there's no chance in hell of getting any kind of HD extended warranty/service plan on it.  Hard to say what all's been done to the engine without reading the ad.

Aftermarket stereo could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on what it is. As much as a lot of people like to bitch about the HD unit, it's pretty much weather proof if you ever get caught in bad weather.

I think the price is a little on the high side but it does have a chunk of extras. Bank usually won't consider that in value.

Thanks OBB, yea in the ad he lists the following mods: Mods:-Double Din Pioneer Head unit 9400 w/ 10' subs in bags -Changed out all speakers to D&D and Beyma -D&D 2:1 with Ghost Pipe-Feuling 465 HP Camkit-Powervision Tune and Dyno-Trask Air Cleaner-Lowers-HD Grips (Heated)-HD Fog Lamp Kit-CVO backrest-Custom Dynamics LED Headlights-Custom Dynamics Turn signals-Paul Yaffe 12' Handlebars

Much of that, I do not understand.  And yea having the warranty so thoroughly voided is a bit concerning...  I will be having a local indy shop performing a thorough pre-buy via one of my brothers who lives in the RDU area. 

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 11:25:15 AM »

Welcome and congratulations on choosing an amazing machine! It looks like the previous owner has done some amazing, no expense spared upgrades and has close to $50K invested. While I can't speak to the head unit upgrade the rest of the $5k plus upgrades appear to be pretty well thought out and definitely ad to the value and comfort of that beauty. In my opinion the lowers and quick release tour pack are a must when eating up the miles. I have the same bike with similar upgrades with over 40k miles and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Enjoy!!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 11:28:09 AM by rayson56 »
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

Timinfla2

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 11:42:29 AM »

Thank you Rayson!

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 02:05:08 PM »

I just tried the link and got "page unavailable". Might be my phone or it could be gone. Dunno

Here is what the ad says.

Mods:-Double Din Pioneer Head unit 9400 w/ 10' subs in bags -Changed out all speakers to D&D and Beyma -D&D 2:1 with Ghost Pipe-Feuling 465 HP Camkit-Powervision Tune and Dyno-Trask Air Cleaner-Lowers-HD Grips (Heated)-HD Fog Lamp Kit-CVO backrest-Custom Dynamics LED Headlights-Custom Dynamics Turn signals-Paul Yaffe 12' Handlebars

Engine warranty is pretty much out the door at this point.....10" subs in the bags will take up a lot of room and depending on your plans it will hurt your ability to pack up and travel some. I would also want picutres of how those were installed...was it a neat job or just thrown in there with questionable wiring??

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 25 queries.