Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Harley-Davidson Patents Group Riding-Friendly Adaptive Cruise Control  (Read 2868 times)

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
Re: Harley-Davidson Patents Group Riding-Friendly Adaptive Cruise Control
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2019, 12:53:36 PM »

Oh...I was just thinking that HD was looking for a way to justify a $5,000 price increase.
 :oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2019, 01:07:48 PM »

Awesome! Way to go HD!

If they get it right, this is a feather in their cap.

If you are going negative on this than I hope you are not riding and using a cruise control on your current ride.  If so you are a Hypocrite!
This is going to be as much of an improvement as cruise was compared to a throttle lock.

Don't bash HD for making improvements and options!
I have NOT been a supporter of HD as of late) because of their reliability and the lack of quality compared to the price tag.
But I will give them huge kudos for this!

If you don't want it, Don't buy it or if it comes on your bike don't use it, but for the love of GOD don't bash them for trying to make improvements!!

Better suspension, Better factory engine performance and reliability, and these kind of improvements will have me back on an HD in a minute.
I want electronic suspension and better power and he11 yes give me the modern technology.

I am always amazed at how many people want to keep HD antique with air cooled motors and carbs and that kind of BS.  Give me the cool look with the modern touches and reliability.

Personally glad to see them making an effort.

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2019, 02:39:45 PM »

Quote from: Ironhorse link=topic=119315.msg1497223#msg14972
I don't want to surrender control of the bike. I prefer to use my own judgement. I'm strange that way.

[/quote
I couldn't agree more!  I think a better use of their innovation would be to fix the known issues, in my case I would like to see my bike not "waggle" at freeway speeds or not charge me $50 bucks (parts) to fix a fluid transfer issue. .  That would be innovation I could bet behind!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 02:41:18 PM by RivRaptor »
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2019, 02:40:30 PM »

Yeah, it’ll end up being a subscription service option.  :drink:
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2019, 03:22:25 PM »

Yeah, it’ll end up being a subscription service option.  :drink:

Brilliant! Or better yet, it will require frequent downloads like the infotainment system. Another way to make money! And if you don't you have to endure a flashing orange warning light.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2019, 04:42:35 PM »

Awesome! Way to go HD!

If they get it right, this is a feather in their cap.

If you are going negative on this than I hope you are not riding and using a cruise control on your current ride.  If so you are a Hypocrite!
This is going to be as much of an improvement as cruise was compared to a throttle lock.

Don't bash HD for making improvements and options!
I have NOT been a supporter of HD as of late) because of their reliability and the lack of quality compared to the price tag.
But I will give them huge kudos for this!

If you don't want it, Don't buy it or if it comes on your bike don't use it, but for the love of GOD don't bash them for trying to make improvements!!

Better suspension, Better factory engine performance and reliability, and these kind of improvements will have me back on an HD in a minute.
I want electronic suspension and better power and he11 yes give me the modern technology.

I am always amazed at how many people want to keep HD antique with air cooled motors and carbs and that kind of BS.  Give me the cool look with the modern touches and reliability.

Personally glad to see them making an effort.

I agree.....Very well said!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2019, 04:48:33 PM »

When I look back at all the "innovations" Harley borrowed from the auto industry in the past, like ETC and ABS for two examples, all I see is that they managed to screw up technology that worked just fine in the auto industry.  What magic wand have they waved recently that will change that abysmal track record?  Being the alpha (not just beta) tester for Harley is something people should have never put up with, but we've had that discussion many times before so I won't beat it to death again now.  No company gets a free pass from me these days, I expect to see results before I will believe they've somehow become enlightened and intend to do things right.  Talk is cheap.

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2019, 04:55:20 PM »

As long as it helps the rider and doesn't promote laziness.

Reverse cameras in a car are a great idea. However many drivers are so focused on getting their car lined up perfectly in between the lines of the parking space they are unaware of anything else. I know you've seen them in the parking lot, with their head down eyes focused on the screen and backing up. They forget to look up, and scan 360 for unseen vehicles or pedestrians. In this manner reverse cameras are not helping.

ABS brakes are great. However when a rider thinks "I have ABS, I don't need to practice braking regularly", well that's not a good thing either.  These are all great things. I just hope they don't have an unintended dangerous side effect.

If HD really wanted to introduce innovation, they should have adjustable windscreens and ride height adjustable suspensions.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Wesleypalms

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2019, 09:58:56 AM »

Drove from Los Angeles to San Diego in my friends car last month. His adaptive cruise control made the trip really easy. He didn’t touch the brakes one time even in the stop and go. The motor home I just drove to Michigan had it as well. A great feature on longer trips. Guessing on a motorcycle it wouldn’t be set up as aggressive.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.297 seconds with 25 queries.