Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Handlebar suggestions for 2016 CVO Street Glide. Long Torso, short arms  (Read 1383 times)

steve snyder

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

So I am 6'4 with only a 32 inch inseam.. short legged and arms and tall torso.  Consequently when I ride I am actually leaning forward.  I would love to ease my shoulder pain and be able to lean back a bit and get some bend in my elbows.  I don't want to just go all Ape, but rather maybe pulled back a few more inches and up a few inches.  Anyone with similar situation?  Does anyone know the rise and pullback for the standard bars on my bike?  I feel like I look like I am riding a crotch rocket when I bend my elbows!!   Any suggestions or information would be of great help!!    Also if you did a bar switch, did u need new cables with your switch?  I really appreciate your help!!

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra

Steve, at 6'2'' I installed the 10" Wild one touring ape. No more shoulder pain and it puts my hands at the top of the fairing. I have a 13' Ultra and didn't need any new wiring. Yours comes with even longer wiring than mine does. Wild One has great Tech support.
I would call them like I did to get the right bar.

Mofo67

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

+1 for Wild One 10”

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited

I'm also 6'4" with 32" inseam. I recently installed LA Choppers Twin Peaks 12"and love them. I used 8" namez wire extensions.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited

Hard to find HD specs. Nothing current
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 04:32:51 PM by bigchuck »
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

TLTMSTR

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Roadglide (sold)
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE MSTRIS
Re: Handlebar suggestions for 2016 CVO Street Glide. Long Torso, short arms
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 01:50:37 PM »

I'm also 6'4" with 32" inseam. I recently installed LA Choppers Twin Peaks 12"and love them. I used 8" namez wire extensions.

:2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Handlebar suggestions for 2016 CVO Street Glide. Long Torso, short arms
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 02:37:05 PM »

I'm also 6'4" and I put the Harley Touring Pullbacks on my 10 CVO Street Glide and my 13 CVO Ultra Classic.  They are 2" up and 2" back from the stock bars.

It still feels like I'm sitting straight up and down and leaned forward a bit but when I see pics that somebody else took, riding beside me, it looks like I'm leaned back.  I think that's just the nature of those of us with a longer torso than somebody that's 5'8" or 5'10".
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 22 queries.