load97

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide Red Pepper & Magnetic Grey With Black Hole
Re: 2020
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2019, 09:21:52 AM »

Leftover paint from the last two years??

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

Yep. Not bad paint though. chit graphic IMO. Not worthy of the cost of the bike..
2019 CVO Road Glide Red Pepper & Magnetic Grey With Black Hole
2017 CVO Street Glide Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black *Traded*

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2019, 11:28:36 AM »

Just went through the new Touring Section on line, plus the CVO's.  What a disappointment!  The CVO Street Glide has 26 pages of customization parts for the Custom Vehicle.  The paint offerings look like primer.  No distinctive tank emblems or lighting.  Lower fairings are Extra. Sissy pad extra.  I realize that "In matters of taste there is no right or wrong" but this lineup is just plain average. No bling, nothing creative or edgy. I guess the focus groups said they "didn't want to clean anything". Indian should have a field day. 

OWL
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2019, 04:46:09 PM »

When I bough my Indian Chieftain Limited in Ruby Red with NO GRAPHICS I was concerned that when the 2020 CVO's were released I may be slightly disappointed. Well I aint sorry!!

I swear it aint upside down in real life or on my computer before attaching it here. LOL Anyone know how to rotate it??
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 04:50:26 PM by T-Roy »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2019, 09:29:31 PM »

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2019, 10:14:25 PM »

So they cut lowers, which would cost over 1K to add.  The cut a pair of speakers and an amp about 1500 to add.  So 2500 dollars less in the bike, but only 350 dollars less to the consumer.

let's see, they removed lowers, removes speakers, removed radiator cooling, removed second amp, removed all chrome, and removed custom paint, chit I'll bet they shaved more than 5k off the cost of that bike but Hey they did toss in a CVO decal  :huepfenjump3:

Indian is going to move right into their custom niche, just went to their site to peek around and got a kick outa seeing them copy the hard candy paint, they say that imitation is the highest form of flattery

meet Pocahontas Silvia

Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2019, 08:05:46 AM »

let's see, they removed lowers, removes speakers, removed radiator cooling, removed second amp, removed all chrome, and removed custom paint, chit I'll bet they shaved more than 5k off the cost of that bike but Hey they did toss in a CVO decal  :huepfenjump3:

Indian is going to move right into their custom niche, just went to their site to peek around and got a kick outa seeing them copy the hard candy paint, they say that imitation is the highest form of flattery

meet Pocahontas Silvia

I hear what you are saying but man that front end is F U G L Y

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2019, 08:28:40 AM »

I hear what you are saying but man that front end is F U G L Y

x2.  That's why you see so many advertisement shots from the side or back.  Indian should just finish the job on that fairing & copy HD's style.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

ultrarider123

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2019, 09:15:11 AM »

x2.  That's why you see so many advertisement shots from the side or back.  Indian should just finish the job on that fairing & copy HD's style.
Well, not all think it's ugly. I like the built in driving lights and the wind management on that faring. The more I look, clean and ride it, the more I have enjoyed it. That disco ball paint scheme from eagle1's post will blind you in the sun and not our cupatea either. Funny but that bike sold quick at the k'ville store.
However, the elite roadmaster in blue and the two tone red from the previous chieftain elite is outstanding. Plus, Indian paints all their regular and custom in house and take pride in that work.
Just as the Harley ad says, it ain't for everyone but those of us that have come from the dark side have really enjoyed the move.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2019, 09:53:44 AM »

Well, not all think it's ugly. I like the built in driving lights and the wind management on that faring. The more I look, clean and ride it, the more I have enjoyed it. That disco ball paint scheme from eagle1's post will blind you in the sun and not our cupatea either. Funny but that bike sold quick at the k'ville store.
However, the elite roadmaster in blue and the two tone red from the previous chieftain elite is outstanding. Plus, Indian paints all their regular and custom in house and take pride in that work.
Just as the Harley ad says, it ain't for everyone but those of us that have come from the dark side have really enjoyed the move.

Just my personal opinion on that Indian fairing.  Hear similar from a lot of HD riders who are riding fairing bikes.  Some like it no doubt & some like it better than HD. 

It reminds me of the last (2000's) Ford T-birds, in reverse.  Liked the front of those cars ok, but could not stand how they looked from the back.

Glad you are enjoying your Indian.  Better to be on 2 wheels than 4 no matter what the logo says.  :2vrolijk_21:

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2019, 10:10:41 AM »

That is the fairing on the Indian Classic bikes or the pre-2019 Chieftain Limited. This is the fairing on the 2019 Chieftain Limited. Like Haird I am really loving my Indian also. Did I also mention we have a button that raises and loweres the windshield ;D

Darn upside down again and I don't even live in Austrailia :o

« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 10:12:40 AM by T-Roy »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2019, 10:12:51 AM »

Much easier to hang on to handlebars this way :2vrolijk_21: .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2019, 10:16:04 AM »

That ^ to my eye is a nice looking bike.  Probably because I'm so used to the Road Glide I think I'd like it even better if the fairing were slightly wider.  I think I'd like to see lowers there too.  But that's all individual preference and (probably) familiarity.  Still a really good looking bike.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2019, 01:52:53 PM »

Losing that big honking chrome piece on the fairing was a very good idea for Indian. Could be styled with better lines still, but losing that chrome was a step in the right direction.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2019, 03:44:32 PM »

Nothing personal Haird. The one thing that has always held me back from an Indian bike is the aesthetics. They have come a long way. From the side I thoroughly enjoy the new Chieftan. From the front, they have a long ways to go IMO.

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2019, 03:47:57 PM »

When I bough my Indian Chieftain Limited in Ruby Red with NO GRAPHICS I was concerned that when the 2020 CVO's were released I may be slightly disappointed. Well I aint sorry!!

I swear it aint upside down in real life or on my computer before attaching it here. LOL Anyone know how to rotate it??

Let's talk about this machine. Power? Handling? Plus and minus vs the HD?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.