Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Luggage to Use With CVO Street Glide  (Read 8063 times)

tpb857

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Tri Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Street Glide (traded)
    • CVO3: 2014 CVO Limited (sold)
Luggage to Use With CVO Street Glide
« on: April 29, 2013, 04:39:35 AM »

Anybody have any good recommendations.  I'm looking for something that attaches to the short sissy bar and a detachable luggage rack.  Thanks.

Ohio phil

• C-YA
  • Senior CVO Member
Re: Luggage to Use With CVO Street Glide
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 05:51:28 AM »

T/bag, works good you just need to learn what you don't need, 10 days 3- jeans, 5, t/shirts, 5 socks & underwear, leather jacket ( Schott ) rain gear it stays in the bike, motels have laundry mats
Thats the way I have packed since 1993  :)

CVOJIMMYC

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: MY BSR "shes a sweet ride too"
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 08:30:39 AM »

T/bag, works good you just need to learn what you don't need, 10 days 3- jeans, 5, t/shirts, 5 socks & underwear, leather jacket ( Schott ) rain gear it stays in the bike, motels have laundry mats

No T-shirts buy em on the road !
My favorite color is chrome

ultrarider123

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 09:47:39 AM »

Here's a great bag that can either mount on the seat or the luggage rack:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/touring-luggage-system
Bought this from a forum member end of last year.  Was in great shape and couldn't pass up the price.  Was actually wanting the Saddleman bag but again, the price was good on this one.  It works great and expands as needed depending on the length of your ride.

:jack: A note on packing.  I've learned a few tricks over the years.  Pack your clean, old underwear and socks.  Wear them for one day and throw away at night.  No packing dirty items or having to worry about washing them on the trip or later when you get home.  Same goes for old pairs of jeans.  Plus leaves you room for items you may want along the way.  Also, if you have a good vest with lots of patches or wear a jacket while riding, go by Walmart or any big box store and buy some cheap ($3-5 for a pack of 3-5), black (or your prefered color) t-shirts.  Wear them for a day and leave them in the room/garbage can at night.  It may seem like a waste but why wear a logo t-shirt if you are going to wear a vest/jacket to cover it anyway?  And, if you dispose/leave it, no washing or packing of dirty items.  If it's a rally or something you are going to, take a few logo shirts for those days.  You can pack much lighter, get rid of items you were going to throw away anyway and still get one, good last use out of them.  Food for thought.... ;D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:06:31 AM by Haird »

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 11:52:51 AM »

I think you'll find you need a taller sissy bar for any t-bag. That said, that's what I use. Wore one out and on the 2nd.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 12:11:23 PM »

Check with these people.  Their stuff is waterproof.  They used to give CVOharley members a small discount.

http://www.roadreadybags.com/sissybarbackpacks.html
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 03:09:14 PM »

I also had a similar question. If I just get the 2 point solo rack, it looks like it would work with my C&C solo backrest, or just bungy cords? I don't want a really tall bag, something that would just maybe fit on the rack, and go up to the top of the backrest. Small Harley bag? T-bag?

My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

mitch.smith

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide Drk Slate and Blk Diamond

vmatc

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 (Krypto/Black)
    • CVO2: FXSBSE (Black/Silver) [sold]
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 02:44:28 AM »

I was gifted the HD Premium Rolling Touring bag. I haven't used it yet but I have a three day trip planned in a couple of weeks. We will see how it holds up. I will post a pic with it on the bike as well.
Some stuff that I like...

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 08:59:26 AM »

I was gifted the HD Premium Rolling Touring bag. I haven't used it yet but I have a three day trip planned in a couple of weeks. We will see how it holds up. I will post a pic with it on the bike as well.

I just bought this bag myself.  After breaking my back and hurting my leg in my MC accident it was next to impossible to lift and carry my bag.  Now I just sit it down, pull up the handle and roll away.  It looks great sitting on my passenger seat strapped down and this bag holds a lot of gear!   :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

noharley

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 11:57:09 AM »

The newish H-D premium stuff with the scotchlite piping is very good looking. I'd be curious to know if anyone with the bigger wheeled piece is have any problems with saddle-lid marring. I will probably use my older H-D T-bag a while longer.
12" Yaffees
KW 9" Sport Flare
V&H Header/FP3
Rinehart Motopro 45
Legend Revo A
Legend Axeo Cartridges

vmatc

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 (Krypto/Black)
    • CVO2: FXSBSE (Black/Silver) [sold]
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 01:34:15 PM »

I just bought this bag myself.  After breaking my back and hurting my leg in my MC accident it was next to impossible to lift and carry my bag.  Now I just sit it down, pull up the handle and roll away.  It looks great sitting on my passenger seat strapped down and this bag holds a lot of gear!   :2vrolijk_21:

Any issues with the clearance between the bag/wheels and the lids? 
Some stuff that I like...

Luckymesscun

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 04:20:21 PM »

I usually roll with my wife and we change everyday. What we do us search for nearest City with UPS store. They are just about everywhere. We ship 3days worth to that store and designate customer pickup. We then swing by and pickup the clean and ship the dirty back home. This way you always fresh clothes and your good comfortable clothes. Works like a charm! Never had any problems just make sure and ship plenty ahead.

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 10:30:09 PM »

Any issues with the clearance between the bag/wheels and the lids? 

Interesting that you should ask this question.  I have put it on the seat and my first concern is it rubbing my TP.  I am rolling some thoughts around in my head to place something between the bag and my lid on my TP.  Any suggestions, shoot them my way.   ;)
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

ScubaDM

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 06:56:00 PM »

Shoot... I can stuff 4 jeans, 2 pair of shorts, 7 tea shirts, 7 boxers, another belt, and my jacket in the t-bag. Assorted toiletry's and 7 pairs of socks in the top roll. I could if I REALLY wanted to carry more since I normally come back with more stuff than I left with :) Rain gear like you are in the saddlebags. But I do have one of the larger T-bags. Mine would not fit over the fender with the low passenger backrest since I don't have a luggage rack. But it works really well toward the front with the passenger pillion being the bottom of the bag. Doubles as a comfy backrest as well. It's like riding in a recliner :)
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.262 seconds with 21 queries.