Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Emergency Contact Info for my TN breathren  (Read 2983 times)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Emergency Contact Info for my TN breathren
« on: October 11, 2015, 07:46:25 PM »

There is a new Emergency Contact feature tied to TN drivers licenses and ID cards. In case of an accident, police can now look at your driver info online and retrieve your ICE (In Case of Emergency) contact. You must go to the site and manually add people that you would like the Police to try and contact on your behalf. As riders we never know when an accident may happen, and we cannot speak to emergency responders. Take a few minutes and go list at least one ICE contact.

Here are the link and more info from the TN.gov/safety website:

Tennessee drivers or identification card holders may now enter emergency contact information for use by law enforcement in crisis or emergency situations. To submit this information into the Tennessee driver license data base, please follow these simple instructions. More than one emergency contact may be submitted.
Visit the “Online Driver Services” which can be found on www.tn.gov or www.tn.gov/safety.

I don't know if we here in Tennessee are ahead of the curve or behind it.  First I've heard of such a statewide program.  In any case I think it is a excellent idea and encourage anyone in any state who may have such a program to take advantage of it.   :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 07:48:09 PM by ultrafxr »

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
Re: Emergency Contact Info for my TN breathren
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 08:16:28 PM »

I'll have to check on line to see if Arkansas has a comparable service, but my guess is not yet.
My wife and I both carry emergency contacts lists in my wallet and her purse.  Plus I have one affixed to the inside cover of the tour pak.  Just a good practice.
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 08:39:49 PM »

I'll bet we don't have it here in Alabama. My wife and I both have ice contacts in our cell phones.  May not be useful if crash is bad a phone not found. Like your idea Harry in tour pack lid.  :2vrolijk_21:
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 08:43:02 PM »

I'll have to check on line to see if Arkansas has a comparable service, but my guess is not yet.
My wife and I both carry emergency contacts lists in my wallet and her purse.  Plus I have one affixed to the inside cover of the tour pak.  Just a good practice.
Yup, I've done that also for several years now.  Can't have too much info available in case of emergency.   :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 09:16:41 PM »

I have pertinent contact, health and RX info save in my phone under separate contacts listed under my name, under ME and under ICE.  It's not uncommon anymore for responders or ER staff to check for an ICE contact in your phone.

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 09:45:43 PM »

I have pertinent contact, health and RX info save in my phone under separate contacts listed under my name, under ME and under ICE.  It's not uncommon anymore for responders or ER staff to check for an ICE contact in your phone.

Also good to know!!!
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 09:54:34 PM »

I have ICE in my phone.  However, it doesn't do much good for the people that you'd want it to.  I've been told (both hospital staff and paramedics) that they don't get into a person's phone if they're not conscious.....due to privacy laws.  I was surprised by that and mentioned that the phones now come out with an ICE feature and it's in bold red letters in the address book. :nixweiss:

I'd not be surprised if this was a California thing?  Maybe some of you first responders can speak to this?

Once I learned this, whenever we (Andy, Don, Jon, me....the Nor Cal krew) would leave the state I would create an ICE sheet for each person in the group...two contacts each.  Then I'd print it up and everybody in the group would get a copy and leave a copy at home with somebody on the home front.  I also keep a copy in my pocket as well as in my tour pack.  Thank God....so far....we've not needed it.

I've been with a pack that was far from home and several bikes tangled up.  Nobody knew the one couple well enough to have a contact phone number for either of them......we didn't know who we could call for them.  Something to think about when you're headed out of town.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 10:02:27 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Streetglide1

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MO

• CVO1: 2012 Streetglide
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 09:55:36 PM »

I hope every state does this...good Idea.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 10:39:54 PM »

I have ICE in my phone.  However, it doesn't do much good for the people that you'd want it to.  I've been told (both hospital staff and paramedics) that they don't get into a person's phone if they're not conscious.....due to privacy laws.  I was surprised by that and mentioned that the phones now come out with an ICE feature and it's in bold red letters in the address book. :nixweiss:

I'd not be surprised if this was a California thing?  Maybe some of you first responders can speak to this?

Once I learned this, whenever we (Andy, Don, Jon, me....the Nor Cal krew) would leave the state I would create an ICE sheet for each person in the group...two contacts each.  Then I'd print it up and everybody in the group would get a copy and leave a copy at home with somebody on the home front.  I also keep a copy in my pocket as well as in my tour pack.  Thank God....so far....we've not needed it.

I've been with a pack that was far from home and several bikes tangled up.  Nobody knew the one couple well enough to have a contact phone number for either of them......we didn't know who we could call for them.  Something to think about when you're headed out of town.

Have seen ER sraff in two hospitals actually do this. But also wouldn't be surprised if it varies from location to location due to various state laws or even hospital rules.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015, 07:03:01 AM »

ultrafxr  Has a point!!  you don't know when things cane go terribly wrong.

ultrarider123

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2015, 08:14:30 AM »

Just done it......thanks for the heads up.

JoeSDE

• Full CVO Member
    • DE

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2015, 08:27:07 AM »

Although several contacts have been labeled ICE in my phone, emergency workers won't be able to get access due to needing a passcode. I wear a bracelet that has my name and address as well as two contact numbers. Called RoadID. Customizable and comfortable. Go to RoadID.com. Will attach photo of mine.      JoeS

Sorry, upside down again.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 08:28:52 AM by JoeSDE »

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2015, 10:54:06 AM »

Put my info into the TN system when it first came out. Probably need to do the tour pack list in case I'm out of state.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2015, 02:00:26 PM »

Coincidentally, saw on the news this morning a new law was passed and signed here in Cali that might have some bearing on my experience.  It's called the "Electronic data privacy rights act".

Didn't get to see the whole thing but from what I did hear.....seems they have to now have a search warrant before they can go in to your cell phone, lap top, tablet, etc. etc.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.