Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Help choosing a motor color  (Read 3036 times)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: Help choosing a motor color
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2008, 12:23:43 PM »

You can always chrome the cookie sheet and diamond cut the edges of it, that would look good setting under the bike catching the oil  :D

No dripping, only seeping out enough to give the black wrinkle paint a nice shiny sheen. ;D

:indian_chief:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2008, 12:28:18 PM »

Maybe the polished motor with some brandy accents.  Air cleaner ring, caps and cover here and there, little red highlights against the chrome look gives it a little offset. Good luck it does look bit-chin.  Laced wheels or mag...?

Miker

old wrench

• Full CVO Member
  • You gota make this work together to get there fast

• CVO1: 2008 FSXTSSE2 Orange
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2008, 12:33:10 PM »

No dripping, only seeping out enough to give the black wrinkle paint a nice shiny sheen. ;D

I see your into the shiny look, but you dont want it to mark its parking spot  :2vrolijk_21:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2008, 12:40:57 PM »

I see your into the shiny look, but you dont want it to mark its parking spot  :2vrolijk_21:

It's inevitable that I'm going to have to tear the heads off in the near future. I'm just waiting to see how the latest and greatest HG is working. So far I haven't heard any bad reports from those that have had them installed, but it's still early too. More miles ridden will be the telling factor. Of course if the liner has slipped, no gasket will fix that, but since it's just a consmetic issue right now, I'm OK with letting it seep for now. I'll just keep cleaning it up with soap and water and keep riding it while the jury is still deliberating on a verdict.

hogasm

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2008, 04:22:40 PM »

Maybe the polished motor with some brandy accents.  Air cleaner ring, caps and cover here and there, little red highlights against the chrome look gives it a little offset. Good luck it does look bit-chin.  Laced wheels or mag...?

Miker

The rims are PM Tantrums......rear 18x5.5 with a 200 metzler 880.....front 21x3.5 with a 120 metzler 880

If you have some ideas on what to accent....I'm all for suggestions.......for me if I have 2 socks on, even if one is blue and the other is black...I still have 2 socks on.....that will tell you about my color coordination :coolblue:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2008, 09:27:35 PM »

All that is not painted....wikit shiney.  Ask D00d, how can that be wrong?

old wrench

• Full CVO Member
  • You gota make this work together to get there fast

• CVO1: 2008 FSXTSSE2 Orange
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2008, 09:07:14 AM »

The rims are PM Tantrums......rear 18x5.5 with a 200 metzler 880.....front 21x3.5 with a 120 metzler 880

If you have some ideas on what to accent....I'm all for suggestions.......for me if I have 2 socks on, even if one is blue and the other is black...I still have 2 socks on.....that will tell you about my color coordination :coolblue:

If those are the rims Im thinking they are, they would look good on that bike to me if they had red  laid in that center groove on those split spokes, Sorry guys but Im dont care for red to much, it scares me, mainly when its flashing in my rearviews  :oops:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2008, 10:44:08 AM »

All that is not painted....wikit shiney.  Ask D00d, how can that be wrong?

NO, ask MJZ.  His 03 SERK Elvis has more chrome than any bike on the site - - -  bar none. Well not quite everything. The swingarm Hogasm is dealing with on another thread was originally intended for Elvis.

B B
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 07:41:33 PM by SPIDERMAN »

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2008, 01:08:47 PM »

Brian,

Flip the axle around and bring it in from the right side of the bike. Drill and tap the adjuster to accept a pointed grade 8 set screw.  ;) :jack: I couldn't think of that while we were talking but did after we hung up.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.381 seconds with 22 queries.