Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: A new acronym for HONDA!  (Read 2806 times)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
A new acronym for HONDA!
« on: August 04, 2009, 12:29:04 PM »

Harley
Owners
Need
Dependable
Alternitive  Alternative

:)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 08:05:03 AM by 07hd110 »

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: A new acronym for HONDA!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 12:56:46 PM »

New corporate slogan: Just a Honda.  "Have a bike?"  "Yeah".  "Really, a Harley?" "No, just a Honda".  I've heard it many times.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 01:38:14 PM »

Thanks goodness HD dont make a lawnmower, my yard be a mess....the new variable drive feature combined with the composite mulching deck make mowing the yard almost bearable....for my kids :drink:

16HD117

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 03:16:02 PM »

Thanks goodness HD dont make a lawnmower, my yard be a mess....the new variable drive feature combined with the composite mulching deck make mowing the yard almost bearable....for my kids :drink:

If your Honda EVER breaks let me know what you need.  I'm a Honda Power Equipment dealer.
 :2vrolijk_21:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 03:42:44 PM »

New corporate slogan: Just a Honda.  "Have a bike?"  "Yeah".  "Really, a Harley?" "No, just a Honda".  I've heard it many times.

Yup, I bet a lot of people driving Caddy's and Chevy's and Dodge's and Ford's used to say stuff like that about Toyota's, Honda's, Datsun's, etc.   Well, don't look now, but.........

In my experience the original conversation goes more like this:

"Have a bike?"   "Yeah"   "Really, a Harley?"   "Yeah"    "Where's it at?"    "In the shop"

Jerry ;)
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 05:02:49 PM »

If your Honda EVER breaks let me know what you need.  I'm a Honda Power Equipment dealer.

I doubt it ever will T...even my little generator runs like a top and Schmoopy loves her new CRV..My 75 single cam and 1970 ct 70 start 1st kick too.
I they only made a diesel man truck, I'd be in. :orange:

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 05:42:43 PM »

Have a 1989 Honda 21" mower with the same spark plug.  Have done nothing but yearly oil changes and blade sharpening.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 08:00:50 PM »

Harley
Owners
Need
Dependable
Alternitive

OMG Tommy, fix the spelling.
Dave will have a heart attack.
You know, content means nothing, grammer and spelling, that's where it at!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 04:47:17 AM »

SBB

Congratulations.  You know how to spell a word.  However, since you wanted to go there, "grammar" is the correct spelling of the word that you were trying to use.  Also, "You know, content means nothing, grammer and spelling, that's where it at!" is not a sentence.  If you are going to try to do battle with an intellectual superior, perhaps you could find yourself a 5th grader to help you prepare your responses.  Chip, if you think that your constant jabs at me are giving me heart attacks, please understand that you are only causing me to shake my head, roll my eyes, and further reinforce what everyone has told me about you. 

This forum is all about content, and unfortunately, in my time on here, I have seen very little usable content posted from your end.  I come here to learn about modifications that can be done to my bike, problems to look for, solutions for repairs in need of completion, and to guide others through the scenarios that I have already been through.  Although I have enjoyed meeting many of the members here, and our common bond through our bikes, this is not my primary source of entertainment in life.  I have friends to spend my time with.  Obviously, this is the reason I am not on the forum as much during the riding season.  The vast majority of your posts do absolutely nothing to answer anyone's questions, nor provide any useful information.  Perhaps, prior to my presence here, you made useful posts that actually helped.  The only helpful thing I've seen from you in the recent past was a post making everyone aware of a new piece of luggage available from Harley, which I would think would have been located readily by anyone shopping for luggage on Harley's website.  Having over 9000 posts does not make you a valuable contributor here.  Lending a helping hand to others is what is valuable here.  If you think that having a lot of posts is a way of gaining respect, you are a bigger fool than I thought you to be.

Please take note of the fact that your posts here will not make you taller.  Please discuss this with your personal physician if you do not believe this to be a fact.  You are the one that wanted to make this personal, so I will not feel bad about hitting you where it hurts.  If you don't like my "35,000 word dissertations", then do as I do with your posts.  Don't read them anymore.

Note: To those that sent me personal messages applauding the last confrontation with Chip, that is not necessary again.  I take no pride in lowering myself to his level.  I am sorry to waste everyone's time with this nonsense, although I do realize that it does provide some entertainment value for all, as well as for me.

hogasm

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 06:49:52 AM »

Congratulations.  You know how to spell a word.  However, since you wanted to go there, "grammar" is the correct spelling of the word that you were trying to use.  Also, "You know, content means nothing, grammer and spelling, that's where it at!" is not a sentence.  If you are going to try to do battle with an intellectual superior, perhaps you could find yourself a 5th grader to help you prepare your responses.  Chip, if you think that your constant jabs at me are giving me heart attacks, please understand that you are only causing me to shake my head, roll my eyes, and further reinforce what everyone has told me about you. 

This forum is all about content, and unfortunately, in my time on here, I have seen very little usable content posted from your end.  I come here to learn about modifications that can be done to my bike, problems to look for, solutions for repairs in need of completion, and to guide others through the scenarios that I have already been through.  Although I have enjoyed meeting many of the members here, and our common bond through our bikes, this is not my primary source of entertainment in life.  I have friends to spend my time with.  Obviously, this is the reason I am not on the forum as much during the riding season.  The vast majority of your posts do absolutely nothing to answer anyone's questions, nor provide any useful information.  Perhaps, prior to my presence here, you made useful posts that actually helped.  The only helpful thing I've seen from you in the recent past was a post making everyone aware of a new piece of luggage available from Harley, which I would think would have been located readily by anyone shopping for luggage on Harley's website.  Having over 9000 posts does not make you a valuable contributor here.  Lending a helping hand to others is what is valuable here.  If you think that having a lot of posts is a way of gaining respect, you are a bigger fool than I thought you to be.

Please take note of the fact that your posts here will not make you taller.  Please discuss this with your personal physician if you do not believe this to be a fact.  You are the one that wanted to make this personal, so I will not feel bad about hitting you where it hurts.  If you don't like my "35,000 word dissertations", then do as I do with your posts.  Don't read them anymore.

Note: To those that sent me personal messages applauding the last confrontation with Chip, that is not necessary again.  I take no pride in lowering myself to his level.  I am sorry to waste everyone's time with this nonsense, although I do realize that it does provide some entertainment value for all, as well as for me.

Man oh man....this is what I wake up to... :2vrolijk_21:

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 07:21:01 AM »

Have a 1989 Honda 21" mower with the same spark plug.  Have done nothing but yearly oil changes and blade sharpening.

My dad has a 1964 Lawnboy that has had one new spark plug (and it's a 2-cycle) and still starts on the second pull (always has).  So there with your all of twenty-five years newer Japanese thing!  :bananarock:   Even my $99 K-Mart Special mower with a B&S engine lasted twenty years, the wheels finally got too loose to keep it.  Honda's motorcycles are about as interesting as their generators.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 08:04:52 AM »

Man oh man....this is what I wake up to... :2vrolijk_21:

I agree.
We all enjoy a good laugh!
Thanks Dave!
You have done it again!

;)

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

16HD117

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 08:05:31 AM »

SBB

Done!

16HD117

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 08:13:35 AM »

:D :D :D :D

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 08:19:44 AM »

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 08:30:52 AM »

:vrolijk_11: :drink: :vrolijk_11: :drink: :vrolijk_11: :drink: ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

16HD117

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 09:14:01 AM »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 09:29:39 AM »

Pass the popcorn!

Hey Tommy! How you guys doing? Judy enjoying her retirement? Makin you NUTS yet? ::) ;D ;D ;D ;)

Hope to see ya soon! :2vrolijk_21:

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

16HD117

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 09:53:33 AM »

Hey Tommy! How you guys doing? Judy enjoying her retirement? Makin you NUTS yet? ::) ;D ;D ;D ;)

Hope to see ya soon! :2vrolijk_21:

We're doing fine!  

As for Judy's retirement, a friend told me now that she's retired, I'll have twice as much wife and half as much money!  

At my age I think I would like to have it the other way around!

:nervous: :nervous:

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 10:06:52 AM »

Harley
Owners
Need
Dependable
Alternitive  Alternative

Well,......

There is a reason I have FOUR KZ 1000s in my garage next to the Harley.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 06:55:59 PM »

Harley
Owners
Need
Dependable
Alternitive  Alternative

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Harley
Owners
Need
Dope
Alot

« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 07:00:28 PM by sportygordy »
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.344 seconds with 24 queries.