Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Big Trip Starts Tomorrow  (Read 2821 times)

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
Re: Big Trip Starts Tomorrow
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2010, 03:07:54 AM »

He's a grewat pic of Mark with our Chapter mascot.
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

Ultra2010

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2010, 09:41:07 AM »

Fantastic meeting Chris and Joel in Kentucky!! Hope to meet up again for sure. HAD to travel to Greensboro NC from there but stayed only 1 night.  On my way through Anderson SC I hit the WORST rain storm of my riding life!!!  Lucky for me an exit was about a half mile away since I could see no more than 30 feet in front of me on the highway.   Stood at a gas station for 2 hours then hit the road for Conyers Ga.  I am in Tallulah Falls Ga now and it is really something.  With my detour to Greensboro I have eliminated Savannah from the trip so that I could keep Fort Collins Colorado as planned.  Heading out tomorrow Amarillo Texas via ????????   

Plan on meeting Chris (NVThis) in Sturgis next year, thats a short easy ride but "short" is the key, I don't want to push my luck with my wife being so understanding ~~~~  I've been on the road since August 2nd, and have at the very least, well over a week to go yet!! 

As you can tell, I'm not a very good writer, and even a worse photographer, but I'll start getting more pictures soon....  Thanks for posting the photos Chris!!!    Mark

Joelgonia

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRISE4
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2010, 03:38:55 PM »

Cool -- Ride safe,  Joel
2010 CVO Blk Ultra -- Krull the Warrior King

Living large - Flying low - Riding high

Ultra2010

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2010, 08:58:55 AM »

Still in Tallulah Falls Ga., raining cats and dogs this morning up here!! Re-thinking my route, north to Knoxville or back to Atlanta, thru Alabama up to Memphis to try and avoid some of these southern rain storms...... 

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2010, 10:38:41 AM »

Still in Tallulah Falls Ga., raining cats and dogs this morning up here!! Re-thinking my route, north to Knoxville or back to Atlanta, thru Alabama up to Memphis to try and avoid some of these southern rain storms......  
You can head towards Atlanta and then go into Marietta GA and take 278 west into Alabama, great riding roads.  Once in Gadsden, you can continue on 278 west into Cullman Alabama and then pick up route 65 and be headed out into Tennessee.  If you do and decide to come this way let me know and we can hookup.

Jim
256-569-9353
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 11:20:59 AM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Ultra2010

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2010, 10:29:52 PM »

Due to being a few days (4) "kinda" behind schedule ~ due in part to storms, and in part to having too much fun, I hit the super slab today since I had no destination in mind, or no special place to be.  Got a late start this morning from Tallulah Falls Ga., and only made it to Jackson Tn. OMG was it ever hot, I jumped into the pool upon my arrival, then again a few hours later.....  off to OK City tomorrow ~~ dinner at ?????, then Amarillo for lunch at the Big Texan on Tuesday.  Heading to Fort Collins for the New Belgium Brewery tour, but just this evening I learned all the tours are full, so the gift shop will have to do....   >:(   .  this was one of the major reasons I took this route... not sure when they changed their rules to reserving tour times, but maybe, just maybe someone won't show up and I'll get in.....  So far, what a trip!!!!!!!!!!, just F'n off most of the time but it sure is nice... been on the road for 21 days so far and have about 5 more ahead of me...... wish I could do this more often, and for longer too!!  :orange:

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2010, 03:47:59 AM »

Mark, I'm headed to Michigan State Rally Wednesday and coming home Sunday. To bad your not headed in that direction. I was great having you here and cannot wait for Sturgis next summer. 
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

Ultra2010

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2010, 06:21:07 PM »

Got home yesterday at 7:15pm, 28 days  21 different states , and 7,246.7 miles.  Met some super folks from Des Moines while in Rapid City SD the week before the Rally,(partied a little too much but had FUN) then met up with Joel and Chris in Kentucky, nice guys and they bought me dinner too!!! Made plans for meeting in Sturgis next year.... I like planning ahead!    Had one heck of a good time ~ Our Country is exceptionally beautiful, wide open and so dang big, I just want to travel as many roads as possible before I'm done here!!

Joelgonia

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRISE4
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2010, 01:06:28 AM »

Back home and safe -- Cool!  Since we had dinner, I've hooked up with a gal here, quickly converting into hot biker babe status!  Good to meet you and Chris - Lets try to stay in touch.

Joel
2010 CVO Blk Ultra -- Krull the Warrior King

Living large - Flying low - Riding high

Ultra2010

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2010, 01:26:19 PM »

Back home and safe -- Cool!  Since we had dinner, I've hooked up with a gal here, quickly converting into hot biker babe status!  Good to meet you and Chris - Lets try to stay in touch.

Joel

:worthless:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.