Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Part ID - Anyone know what this is?  (Read 1632 times)

mastergunnera8

• Full CVO Member
  • Retired Army (ARMOR) CBT Vet
Part ID - Anyone know what this is?
« on: February 14, 2011, 09:09:37 AM »

Bought a box full of new take off parts from a local rider, 2008 Street Glide.

In the box was an item that the owner said was the 'old bike computer' that the dealer told him was taken off.

It looked like a race tuner to me, but I cant find it anywhere and the local parts guys have no idea.

Look exaclty like a SE race tuner, but different color scheme

barcode type number on the back is 520710424

Any help would be appreciated!!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 09:13:19 AM by mastergunnera8 »

mastergunnera8

• Full CVO Member
Re: Part Id - Anyone know what this is?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 09:10:11 AM »

2nd Pic - 520710424

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme
Re: Part ID - Anyone know what this is?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 09:22:51 AM »

I'm sure someone on here will know what it is; but in the meantime, how about a little entertainment while we wait for the identification of that part.

It is a Screamin' Eagle Rider Belt Accessory

Description: Wish you were not just riding a CVO, but were actually part of the CVO?  Now you can be with this coveted upgrade.  Now when you sit on your ride, you are a genuine Screamin' Eagle accessory.

Use: Clip on belt and instantly increase your mental awareness to new levels with this genuine Screamin' Eagle upgrade.  You will think you are going faster and you'll be glowing, as the side effect of this upgrade is the perception that everthing you put on for the day is covered in chrome.

Accessory Bonus:  When you are not on your ride and you miss the sound of your baby, just push the button and instantly hear a perfect reproduction of your 110 purr.

Light Indicator: If you have been away from your ride too long, this light will come on to remind you to get back on.

Hope you get the part identified.  But in the meantime, just clip it on your belt.  ;D  :2vrolijk_21:

2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 10:01:05 AM »

Early CVO self destruct button.  '07's and up have them built in  :o

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 10:12:18 AM »

I believe its the 2nd generation SERT Screaming Eagle Race Tuner, I dont remember or have the part number to hand, Its the interface to connect your bikes Ecm to a computer to enable adjustments to be made to the air/petrol ratio  etc..............the red button is for recording the actual performance while you ride, the recording can later be download or viewed on your computer to enable fine tuning,

these things can only be used on one bike, once it has been used on one bike it it useless to any other cycle
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 10:17:01 AM by ice6900 »

mastergunnera8

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 10:13:49 AM »

I'm sure someone on here will know what it is; but in the meantime, how about a little entertainment while we wait for the identification of that part.

It is a Screamin' Eagle Rider Belt Accessory

Description: Wish you were not just riding a CVO, but were actually part of the CVO?  Now you can be with this coveted upgrade.  Now when you sit on your ride, you are a genuine Screamin' Eagle accessory.

Use: Clip on belt and instantly increase your mental awareness to new levels with this genuine Screamin' Eagle upgrade.  You will think you are going faster and you'll be glowing, as the side effect of this upgrade is the perception that everthing you put on for the day is covered in chrome.

Accessory Bonus:  When you are not on your ride and you miss the sound of your baby, just push the button and instantly hear a perfect reproduction of your 110 purr.

Light Indicator: If you have been away from your ride too long, this light will come on to remind you to get back on.

Hope you get the part identified.  But in the meantime, just clip it on your belt.  ;D  :2vrolijk_21:

- Since dont own one yet, when I'm dreaming of one (or looking at all your rides on this board),  I can push the button to give me a shock to wake up

- record the sound of one of your 110s and push the button to pump it through the sound system on my bike to make everyone think I have one

mastergunnera8

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 10:16:15 AM »

I believe its the 2nd generation SERT Screaming Eagle Race Tuner, I dont remember or have the part number to hand, Its the interface to connect your bikes Ecm to a computer to enable adjustments to be made to the air/petrol ratio  etc..............the red button is for recording the actual performance while you ride, the recording can later be download or viewed on your computer to enable fine tuning

Wondering if I can use this on my 09 Electra...

Hopefully someone can hook me up with a PN...

I was thinking of contacting mastertune to ask them..I understand they were the manufacturer of the SERT before Harley started making there own...

ICE: Hows the skiing? Wishing I was there now...spent a bunch of time in Germany in the late 80s and 90s..nothing like the alps...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 10:18:31 AM by mastergunnera8 »

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 10:16:59 AM »

- Since dont own one yet, when I'm dreaming of one (or looking at all your rides on this board),  I can push the button to give me a shock to wake up

- record the sound of one of your 110s and push the button to pump it through the sound system on my bike to make everyone think I have one

Saw your ride in your intro thread.  It is a very very nice ride.  :2vrolijk_21:

You already own a CVO imho.  Your just waiting on confirmation and a future delivery date.  ;D
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 01:27:47 PM »

What you have there is the vehicle communications interface from the Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner, introduced in the 2009 SE catalog, excerpt attached.  If it has already been used on another bike, it won't work on yours (unless you can find a hack to reset the internal memory).

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mastergunnera8

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 03:51:29 PM »

thanks Jerry,

Man, I guess it makes sense to make the product NOT able to be used on another bike...so More money can be made selling a new one..

thats a bummer, thought I may have lucked out...

you would think that it would be a great selling point to be able to re-flash the old one and carry it from bike to bike...

anybody know any hackers?

Thanks again Jerry!!!

Now to look for an old Army web belt that I can string the thing on...

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 05:49:28 PM »

I have a hack saw...Oh wait wrong kind of hack! To bad it can't be reused.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 06:51:55 PM »

the guy who gave it away will be SERIOUSLY bummed when somebody asks him for the tuner dongle and he doesnt have it and has to buy ANOTHER one....

ewwwww

to

mastergunnera8

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 06:57:57 PM »

He told me that it was taken off by the dealer when they upgraded...I think I'm going to call him back and double check to make sure he doesnt need it...just to be sure..

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 22 queries.