Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Anyone have cooling fans on their Breakout  (Read 7930 times)

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout
Re: Anyone have cooling fans on their Breakout
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2017, 09:19:43 AM »

Close-up
Bill - Greenville, South Carolina

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand & Blaze Orange with Black Abyss Graphics
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
Bassani ProStreet Turnouts
124 HP 133 TQ

CHH_Badkarma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout.
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2017, 11:22:21 AM »

Very nice. Think I will add these to my to do list. How was the install? They seem well made?

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2017, 11:47:08 AM »

Very nice. Think I will add these to my to do list. How was the install? They seem well made?

Had the Harley shop do it. They removed the gas tank to run the wire, which took some time but looks clean. Two hours labor. Extremely well made and throw quite a bit of air at the heads. Well worth it for me, especially with all the $ I put into the engine. Good to keep it cool as possible. I also have two oil coolers
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 11:49:04 AM by RoadDawg »
Bill - Greenville, South Carolina

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand & Blaze Orange with Black Abyss Graphics
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
Bassani ProStreet Turnouts
124 HP 133 TQ

CHH_Badkarma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout.
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2017, 12:35:07 PM »

Right on. Going to add this to my list along with an oil bud cooler. Can get pretty out here in southern California during the summer so every little bit helps.

ematicic

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 Break Out
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2018, 03:22:46 PM »

I went with the JIMS parade fan. I get stuck in the I95 DC traffic all too often, I love it. I have had it installed for 3 years now. The EITMS does not even activate when caught in traffic unless I forget to switch it on. I can send a pic installed if anyone is still looking for options.

HDBill

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2018, 08:18:40 AM »

I have the Ward's fans also and they work well. Also have an Ultra Cool oil cooler that has two fans. Both are thermal switched. The Ward's fans are direct wired and the oil cooler is switched. Pics of Ultra Cool on page 6 - 14 Breakout now Ultra Cool

donk_316

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

• CVO1: FXSE
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2018, 12:28:33 PM »

The EIMTS doesn’t come on with the fans as it’s cooling the head temperature sensor. Which is located directly behind the head.
Idling for 10 min and a silly fan blowing air across the top of the head gives you a false sense of security, never mind blowing hot air directly into your TB / air cleaner intake.

Fire up your bike and plug in your tuner and track your intake temps, without the fans the intake sucks in extremely warm air just radiating off the jugs and heads. Once your start moving the bike no longer sucks hot air since the surrounding air is moving (can be seen on logs)

These fans continue to push hot air into your intake. Again, can be seen on logs. Resulting in loss of power. You guys spend 1,000 to wring out the last 1-2hp with pipes and head work then delete all the gains by supercharging your engine with preheated air.

If HD can torture test the TC engine in the desert without any add ons or coolers then they aren’t needed.

Having said that, I have ran thermostatically controlled oil cooler on my NT only to keep oil temps a little more constant. Down and low and out of the way.

HDBill

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2018, 11:04:50 PM »

Seriously? Have you even read what you posted? First I do not  chase numbers with any mods. I have. I rely on seat of the pants what I want for performance and longevity balance. 10 minutes in traffic= no problem. I don't know how it is where you ride but come here in 110 degrees, stuck in traffic for an hour plus, and mind you I'm totally uneducated because no log confirmed this but the fans make a difference. In your own words the bike is pulling in that same air anyway and once it starts to move pulls in cooler air. The fans do not blow air into the intake at this point. They aren't that strong. So now I have a  20-30 degree cooler cylinder drawing that identical air. Where does that weigh in on your log? Yes you have enlightened us of basics known for years. Cooler intake air = more compression in a given space= more hp. The other long standing basic you overlooked is heat KILLS engines. So again in your own words the hours torture testing in the desert led to the EIMTS technology.  Why would that be if HD. hasn't known all along that heat is a major issue and continues to develop engines, materials and technology to address this issue. There are many senseless arguments on this forum as to what works, what doesn't.  Not my point. I can only say after I roll past countless vehicles on the berm in that traffic with heat related breakdowns, not even missing that 2 hp. loss you claim while I was sitting still. When I finally make it to the ramp onto the turnpike which is equally congested, now pulling the same temperature air with a cooler engine, trying to jockey into that one small space between 8 Semis. and somehow in this smooth ride somehow forgot to shut off the EIMTS. Again I'm not that educated, but pretty sure two cylinders make more hp. than one.

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2018, 05:48:36 PM »

don't need's seen mine 240 temp  at 95 degrees  :nixweiss:

Frank FX

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Prostreet Breakout
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2018, 12:12:35 PM »

Would these fans fit to a 2017 Pro Street without have the horn in between the cylinders?
Thanks,
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 25 queries.