Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Rust under Clear coat  (Read 17887 times)

CVOBreak

• Full CVO Member
Re: Rust under Clear coat
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2014, 07:39:20 PM »

Latest update, they replaced the rear wheel and ordered the tank and rear fender. The dealer is still fighting with HD about the powder coating but they have not made a final determination. Just noticed chrome peeling from the area around the pivot point pin on the chrome front brake/master cylinder assembly. Haven't showed it to the dealer yet but yet another HD part with inferior finish. I'm guessing it will be replaced as you can clearly see the nickel plating under the chrome as it peels away. probably where someone touched it between the nickel and chrome plating process.

It is a real shame that HD quality has been slowly degrading over the years. Harley Chrome and Paint used to be the best. Add in all the lifter and noisy engine issues and you have one expensive pile of Sh$t.

Final disposition all parts covered under warrant except the powder coating. I talked to the HD rep in person today. He stated in his opinion it is due to corrosion from the salt they use on the roads in Ohio in the winter. Like I ride in the snow and slushy roads in the winter, Since the warranty does not cover corrosion they are not going to fix it. HD should be ashamed.

On a brighter note the dealer stepped in and they are going to send the engine out and have the powder coating repaired at their expense. I have to admit that I was surprised that they were willing to do that to turn me back into a satisfied customer. So everything will be repaired/replaced by the end of July. Kudos to Street Track and Train in Conneaut Lake Pennsylvania. A dealer that cares about its customers seems harder to find these days but I will be purchasing my next bike from them. 

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
Re: Rust under Clear coat
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2014, 09:05:08 PM »

That is fantastic news. Great to hear there are dealers who care. Frederick HD also replaced the gauge on my bike under warranty. Now lets get out there and enjoy riding our bikes...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.522 seconds with 21 queries.