Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: First Annual SERG Dyno Challenge  (Read 8031 times)

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
Re: First Annual SERG Dyno Challenge
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 09:55:04 AM »

I'm IN>>>>> Greg
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

RobertinArgyle

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 03:22:10 PM »

I'm trying to leave early Friday am to avoid the traffic.  PM me if your interested in the ride...

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 11:31:42 PM »

I'm trying to leave early Friday am to avoid the traffic.  PM me if your interested in the ride...

We eagerly await your results Robert!

Hurry up!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2008, 03:49:11 PM »

This sounds like fun Robert.  Be sure and let me know before you head to meet Golden at the rally.  Here's my share for the curb chat/comparison.

I keep the records on a simple spread sheet for comparison and to add some notes as need be.  But the data is all still there.  Will try a screen shot the spread sheet here and in the next post will hang the spread sheet itself for potentially easier viewing.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2008, 03:50:18 PM »

Excel file at the attachment link.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2008, 03:51:28 PM »

If things really get out of hand and you've got to correct your mistakes as you go one of these comparative histories can get very busy..... 

RobertinArgyle

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2008, 12:43:25 PM »

Hey TwoLane-  Welcome back!  I am meeting the Goldens this saturday at 10am for a tuning session in Ft Smith at the HOG Rally.  I am somewhat disappointed at this point with my SERG.  I installed a SuperTrapp 2:1 and the USB PC3.  With a canned map from FuelinMoto I dynoed at about 80hp and 90tq.  The torque curve kicks in at about 2,500 rpms and stays up until 5,500.  I was hoping for better peak numbers.  We will soon see if Mr. Golden can find enough additional hp/tq to compare with you and Chip...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2008, 08:36:49 PM »

Hey TwoLane-  Welcome back!  I am meeting the Goldens this saturday at 10am for a tuning session in Ft Smith at the HOG Rally.  I am somewhat disappointed at this point with my SERG.  I installed a SuperTrapp 2:1 and the USB PC3.  With a canned map from FuelinMoto I dynoed at about 80hp and 90tq.  The torque curve kicks in at about 2,500 rpms and stays up until 5,500.  I was hoping for better peak numbers.  We will soon see if Mr. Golden can find enough additional hp/tq to compare with you and Chip...

Mine is about the same with the exception of the Fatcats.  On different dynos we can't really compare the numbers; but as well as we can for the sake of discussion mine did come in earlier. 

Right now I honestly don't have a clue what's going in 24 hours nonetheless five or six days.  But I'd love to watch the festivities in Fort Smith and will do my best to be there.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2008, 01:42:10 AM »

Robert,
Just wanted to apologize for not getting down to Fort Smith today.  My niece got the cast off her broken arm the day before and not getting to go to the pool had been killing her.  I'd promised that whenever it came off we'd go the next day.  So I had a little scheduling conflict. 

Hope John has yours running in a way that is making you very happy.  Can't wait to see how you've done.

RobertinArgyle

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2008, 03:37:37 PM »

All SERGS are not created equal!  Met the Goldens on Saturday- great people.  Don and Chip have nothing to worry about.  My peak numbers were 83hp and 88tq- almost exactly the same as my numbers at the Harley shop in Corinth with the generic map from FuelMoto.  The A/F numbers look much better however.  I can't explain the low numbers- I guess I got the runt of the litter..  On a more depressing note, on the way back to Texas I noted that the bike pings badly over 3,500 rpms to redline from about 75% throttle to full throttle.  I would have thought this would be impossible with the air/fuel ratio right around 13:1 in those throttle settings. Any input concerning what could be wrong with my motor would be greatly appreciated- surely the SuperTrapp exhaust does not do that poorly compared with the FatCat or the ProPipe... ANYWAY-  Sandy said she would send Don the graph with all three bikes if someone could remind her of Chip's last name so she could locate his dyno chart.  Don- maybe we could hook up on the way to Joplin if I have to get some remapping done...

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2008, 03:40:06 PM »

All SERGS are not created equal!  Met the Goldens on Saturday- great people.  Don and Chip have nothing to worry about.  My peak numbers were 83hp and 88tq- almost exactly the same as my numbers at the Harley shop in Corinth with the generic map from FuelMoto.  The A/F numbers look much better however.  I can't explain the low numbers- I guess I got the runt of the litter..  On a more depressing note, on the way back to Texas I noted that the bike pings badly over 3,500 rpms to redline from about 75% throttle to full throttle.  I would have thought this would be impossible with the air/fuel ratio right around 13:1 in those throttle settings. Any input concerning what could be wrong with my motor would be greatly appreciated- surely the SuperTrapp exhaust does not do that poorly compared with the FatCat or the ProPipe... ANYWAY-  Sandy said she would send Don the graph with all three bikes if someone could remind her of Chip's last name so she could locate his dyno chart.  Don- maybe we could hook up on the way to Joplin if I have to get some remapping done...

"Chithead"

or McKenzie if that doesn't work!

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2008, 03:48:29 PM »

"Chithead"

or McKenzie if that doesn't work!

That is what I was going to say. ;) :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2008, 03:59:16 PM »

Robert,
Just wanted to apologize for not getting down to Fort Smith today.  My niece got the cast off her broken arm the day before and not getting to go to the pool had been killing her.  I'd promised that whenever it came off we'd go the next day.  So I had a little scheduling conflict. 

Hope John has yours running in a way that is making you very happy.  Can't wait to see how you've done.

Don,

Took the glide in today for some misc stuff and was talking Rob the  tech at NTHD that does all my work, told him I thought mine was kind of a turd and hoped the tune up would take care of it, then I told him it was a Califonia bike....He remembers working on one that had different cams  for CA....not the 203's.. along with a different download which I expected. Have you or anyone else heard of this??? He's pulling it down for tensioners and I'm going back with 204's .. Keep you posted.. if that's the case that may explain some that are a little puny....Greg
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

RobertinArgyle

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2008, 04:52:25 PM »

I bought mine new from Zylstra HD in Ames, Iowa.  I probably can't use the "California model" as an excuse.  I will be very interested in hearing how the 204 does for you- it sounds like a better cam than the 203 in every way according to what I have read.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 07:38:09 AM »

So R/A, have you talked with Sandy yet?

:nixweiss:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 21 queries.