Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Alternating Break Lights on SERG  (Read 16466 times)

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
Re: Alternating Break Lights on SERG
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 10:04:51 AM »

How does it affect the security on the scooter?  When you shut down and turn the bike off, the front and rear lights flash twice.  Have you tried setting off the alarm?

The alarm works with the turn signal output, not the break lights.  This modification has no adverse effect on any signaling functionality of the bike.  Hazards, turn signals, etc. work the same when applying the breaks or not.  You would never know that it wasn't designed to operate this way. 

FYI, the SERG has three outputs to the tail lights (running lights, turn signals and break).  These are independent circuits and are designed to work together.  You only splice into the break light wiring to get the Back Off device to work.  The turn signals override break light input and flash as they did previously.   It's cool stuff. 

It would be very helpful if you could post a few pics and idiot safe instructions for us novices.

Unfortunately I did this install in my hangar at the airport and didn't have my camera with me like I normally do.  I will shoot a few pics of the final product and post them as soon as I can get the time.   

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2008, 10:30:29 AM »

Thanks Jim!

Sam

BTW...Should get my core bit by the end of the week and Dyno is scheduled for a week from Thursday!  Thanks for all the awesome info!!!!
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2008, 01:03:18 PM »

Wig-Wag on order found it for $35.95 and free shipping. Thanks Jim. Now where is my bike MOCO?? At CFR Lights.

:pumpkin: :bananarock:
   Brad
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 02:28:15 PM by hdbrad03 »
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2008, 02:25:28 PM »

Wig-Wag on order found it for $34.95 and free shipping. Thanks Jim. Now where is my bike MOCO??

Wig-Wag flasher $34.95, keeping an idiot driver from rear ending you -- Priceless! 

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2008, 02:51:24 PM »

Wig-Wag flasher $34.95, keeping an idiot driver from rear ending you -- Priceless! 
I like it, another nice write up/pictorial.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2008, 03:00:00 PM »

Very cool Jim, as ususal.  Thanks for the info!

Greg

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 07:41:31 AM »

Dang Jim, another mod you have come up with I will have to do to my bike when I get it...

That is a great idea for the break lights...
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2008, 07:51:38 AM »

Been riding the bike to/from work.  These break lights get attention from everyone.  They don't even get close at traffic lights.  Can't beat the price either.  $40 and it not only looks cool it greatly enhances safety.  This is one of the cheapest mods I've done so far and the one that I use more than anything else.   Every time I stop they do their thing and the people behind me slow down fast.  Love it! 

MikeD

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2008, 08:26:37 AM »

Been riding the bike to/from work.  These break lights get attention from everyone.  They don't even get close at traffic lights.  Can't beat the price either.  $40 and it not only looks cool it greatly enhances safety.  This is one of the cheapest mods I've done so far and the one that I use more than anything else.   Every time I stop they do their thing and the people behind me slow down fast.  Love it! 

Damn it Jim, it's like everything you do has great value to your bike...  and then mine!  Looks very cool and your right, it enhance the ability to see that kick @ss SERG on the road!

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2008, 11:21:58 AM »

I just ordered the wig wag.  I am not getting my bike until December so I will have some time to figure this out.  Thanks again Jim for a great idea.

Ted

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2008, 11:31:15 AM »

Jim's the man!!!!   I have always done the Kuryakyn flasher to all my bikes.  It is always the very first mod to make the turn signals brake lights and flash!!!!  Was worried about the LED's and who made the safety feature.  Needless to say, mine will be here today.  Should be a cakewalk on installation.  Was Aircraft electronics in the Marines for 20 years.  Just gotta grab the right wire    :D
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2008, 07:20:07 AM »

Jim's the man!!!!   I have always done the Kuryakyn flasher to all my bikes.  It is always the very first mod to make the turn signals brake lights and flash!!!!  Was worried about the LED's and who made the safety feature.  Needless to say, mine will be here today.  Should be a cakewalk on installation.  Was Aircraft electronics in the Marines for 20 years.  Just gotta grab the right wire    :D

Yep, me too.  Took me awhile to find something that would work with our LED's.  So far all is working better than the Kuryakyn lights.  This flash pattern is more noticeable. 

Damn it Jim, it's like everything you do has great value to your bike...  and then mine!  Looks very cool and your right, it enhance the ability to see that kick @ss SERG on the road!

Thanks MikeD, that's my goal.  The bikes are darn good by themselves.  There are just certain things we can do to make them better.  Xenon headlights, flashing tail lights and exhaust mods should be on the top of everyone's list.  These changes make the bike better, faster and safer. 

p.s. the Knight Rider LED's I put on the back were especially for you.  You mentioned it in your posing about your spoiler.  It can be done!  You could probably rewire the LED's on your spoiler to do something similar.  Wouldn't that be cool...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 07:22:41 AM by Jim Kerr »

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2008, 03:29:25 PM »

Jim;

What wires did you use going aft to the brake lights?  I saw the earlier post that you used the orange/yellow from the front.  I just want to be sure.  Will be installing it later this afternoon.

Still no core drill bits from McGills.  They are dragging about updating the website.   :confused5:

Sam
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2008, 12:00:00 PM »

Jim;
  OK, once I pulled the seat it was all clear.  Installed and everything is kosher!!!!
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2008, 12:08:37 PM »

Jim;
  OK, once I pulled the seat it was all clear.  Installed and everything is kosher!!!!

do you have any pic where you can highlight location and wires.  Also, did you do mode 1 or 2.  Thanks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 21 queries.