Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Always seems like work in progress...  (Read 11552 times)

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
Re: Always seems like work in progress...
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2008, 03:02:11 AM »

Boy! Guilty.........

You did a great job on that Bike, you've giving me inspiration to get my butt in gear and get started, now do you know of any banks that would be easy to hit for the money....... :huepfenlol2:

Don..........

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2008, 06:13:40 AM »

Guilty, when you installed the lower fairings, did you you the "quick release" hardware?
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2008, 06:40:32 AM »

The Mods never end, do they?. THE MUFFMAN

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2008, 10:15:38 AM »

Great looking glide , lucky guy , owning such an iron horse must make you proud , Congrats to you , have anice time with it .

Highjagger, thank you for the compliment.

Boy! Guilty.........

You did a great job on that Bike, you've giving me inspiration to get my butt in gear and get started, now do you know of any banks that would be easy to hit for the money....... :huepfenlol2:

Don..........

Don, thanks for the compliment. At least you got the Corbin seat modification completed on your SERG and that makes a huge difference in the look and riding comfort of the bike! I'm thinking that I am just going to keep the stock seat and maybe have it re-worked for some additional comfort. This might end up being the first bike that I have owned without a Corbin seat.

Guilty, when you installed the lower fairings, did you you the "quick release" hardware?

LarryB, yes I used the quick release hardware and would recommend it to anyone installing the RG lowers. It makes the installation much easier.

The Mods never end, do they?. THE MUFFMAN

Muffman, once the modifications appear to be finished I get to enjoy the ride. I also enjoy keeping my bikes looking good when I am not riding by putting them up on the lift and giving them a good detailing.

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2008, 06:51:34 PM »

Ken,
Question? I see you have the Clearview GT Small, how tall are you and is it working!

Don...........

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2008, 08:25:12 PM »

Ken,
Question? I see you have the Clearview GT Small, how tall are you and is it working!

Don...........

Don, I am 5'10" and I estimate that I can see over the top of the windshield by 1/2" to 1". My view is comparable to the picture of the rider on the Clearview Road Glide page here: http://clearviewshields.com/shop/product.php?id=9
I figure that I will use the Clearview for late Fall, Winter, and early Spring riding here in Oregon for better protection against the elements. During the Summer I am going to switch back to the Cee Bailey 10" dark tint as it provides a little more visibility over the top of the windshield and it provides a little bit more air circulation and the occasional bug in the forehead.

HDBKK

• Waiting 09 SERG
  • why drive, when u can ride?
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2008, 09:13:20 AM »

Hi Guilty........what's the "quick release" thing you were talking about?  Thanks.

Oh.......and your highway peg, did you take that out from the passenger's seat foot peg?

Sorry and thanks in advance as I'm learning while I'm waiting for the bike to be shipped to Thailand!!!............which........opps!!!..........they just called me (just now)...........and probably arrive in Feb or Mar..........isn't that suck????? :oops:

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2008, 05:46:39 PM »

Hi Guilty........what's the "quick release" thing you were talking about?  Thanks.

Oh.......and your highway peg, did you take that out from the passenger's seat foot peg?

Sorry and thanks in advance as I'm learning while I'm waiting for the bike to be shipped to Thailand!!!............which........opps!!!..........they just called me (just now)...........and probably arrive in Feb or Mar..........isn't that suck????? :oops:

HDBKK - Yeah, I hate being patient too! At least by the time you are ready to take ownership of your bike you will know exactly what modifications you want to do.
Anyhow, Part# 58146-07 is the Detachable Fairing Lower Hardware Kit. Here's a link to the item on the HD website: http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448771257&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302287249&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302287249&bmUID=1227220364115&bmLocale=en_US
Basically it makes it a 5 minute job to put on or take off the lower fairings.

HDBKK

• Waiting 09 SERG
  • why drive, when u can ride?
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2008, 11:12:30 PM »

Thanks for the info.  Just read the spec on the detachable fairing lower hardware and it said that it's for vented fairing kit but for us, a RG, it's non-vented, right?  Does that means, this detachable fairing lower hardware won't work? 

2-oranges

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2008, 02:44:36 PM »

do you still have the cee baileys windshield ? and just wondering about your lowers who there by and if there vented?

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2008, 04:27:02 PM »

Thanks for the info.  Just read the spec on the detachable fairing lower hardware and it said that it's for vented fairing kit but for us, a RG, it's non-vented, right?  Does that means, this detachable fairing lower hardware won't work? 
HDBKK, yes, the lowers are non-vented. I can't see that it would make a difference if you had vented lowers or non-vented? The detachables fairing lower parts kit works for me just fine.

do you still have the cee baileys windshield ? and just wondering about your lowers who there by and if there vented?

2-oranges,
Regarding the 12" Cee Bailey's: Yes, I still have it protected and in new condition in the original shipping box if you are interested.
Regarding the lowers: they are the Harley lowers for the Road Glide in vivid black and these are not available with vents. Also, if you want glove boxes, the MoCo sells the lowers and glove boxes separately and they aren't inexpensive. I have seen a few threads talking about adding aftermarket vents for the lowers if you want to go that route.

rasmusmi

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2008, 01:06:09 PM »

Hey "Guilty", now all you need is the perfect helmet to compliment your great looking O/B SERG - here's an idea...

http://www.rideicon.com/product_details.jsp?category=1660&id=6916

:apple: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :orange:

People would see you coming 3 miles away!  :2vrolijk_21:

By the way...what's the ballpark figure for the grocery list of things you added/changed to your bike?
Just curious, if you don't mind...need to decide whether to 2nd mortgage my house or not when my O/B SERG arrives. :o ::)

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2008, 02:56:01 PM »

Hey "Guilty", now all you need is the perfect helmet to compliment your great looking O/B SERG - here's an idea...

http://www.rideicon.com/product_details.jsp?category=1660&id=6916

:apple: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :orange:

People would see you coming 3 miles away!  :2vrolijk_21:

By the way...what's the ballpark figure for the grocery list of things you added/changed to your bike?
Just curious, if you don't mind...need to decide whether to 2nd mortgage my house or not when my O/B SERG arrives. :o ::)

I typically like the bling, but I prefer helmets that don't draw attention. I have a couple of HD carbon fiber helmets, 2 half helmets and 1 full face.
Yes, you might want to consider a 2nd mortgage...seriously. I purchased most of the genuine Harley parts at a 20-25% discount and some other parts I got a 10% discount like the Arnott Alden shocks. Even with the discounts I ended up spending just under $7k making it my own. I am really happy with the end result and I expect that I will own this bike for a very long time.

rasmusmi

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2008, 11:12:42 AM »

With the "shark-nose" front end (as it's been nick-named) on the SERG, has anyone considered the "fish-tail" or the "shark-fin" end-caps on their exhaust pipes? I'm not sure H-D still makes the "shark-fin", or if either would fit the 4" muffler and get past the rear end of the SERG. But assuming they do, I'm trying to visualize what they would look like. Might be a nice touch, completing the "shark" look? :-\ What-da-ya' think? :nixweiss:

serghaven

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2008, 02:12:17 PM »

Guilty, Love the mods you did on the bike. A couple of them I too am thinking of doing. Thanks for the pictures... :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 21 queries.