Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: maybe clear up the KW windshield  (Read 10400 times)

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
Re: maybe clear up the KW windshield
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2008, 04:44:32 PM »

as you can see the angle changes ever so slightly   ...   and you pick up an inch or so in height

I'm 5'10" ( both tall and wide ) and the klock werks works for me

I just rode from Key Largo to Key West last week with a baseball cap on, bill facing forward

if you're 1/2 inch taller it might not stay on

thx
                                                                                              wts

WTS, thanks for the info. and pictures.
Did you find the new one more sturdy than the older one.  I have heard complaints about flapping in the wind, vibration etc./

LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

wts

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG crush
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2008, 05:02:28 PM »

I just got back from Key West   ...   rode about 2200 - 2300 miles

if it flapped I didn't notice it   ...   and I rode at about every speed at one time
                                                       or another

I look about an inch over the shield, but honestly wasn't watching for movement
                                                       so I couldn't say it didn't

by the way, this is my first Roadglide   ...   last year I rode my SEEG so I really
                                                       don't know how to compare

sorry to be so wordy   ...   but if you ask me what time it is I'll tell you how to
                                                       build a watch

thx
                                                                             wts
someday- today-will be the good old days

wts

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2008, 05:07:46 PM »

P.S.             not trying to be a smart donkey   ...   but when I pass about sixty
                                               I watch the rode a lot closer

lotta potential road kill in my area

which reminds me   ...   I passed a alligator that had been run over on hwy 27 in florida

thx
                                                  wts

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 SE Fat Boy
    • CVO2: Blown 150HP 09 SE Road Glide
    • CVO3: No need to go further!
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2008, 08:58:21 PM »

I must have been a bad boy cause I got the shorter 9.5 inch in Oct after waiting a month and a half. I was told the wait was for a new production run. Hum. To top it off, it fit crappy and the bottom needed trimming. Had that 1959 experimental one off snowmobile look. Spose KW will give me a brake on the new one. I,m guessin not....  :-\
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

wts

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2008, 11:06:58 PM »

it don't hurt to ask   ...   it's got the same part number as the old one, so you need them tom measure it before they ship

it took 'em 3 tries to get mine right   ...    that's right they sent me a windshield 3 times   ...   

when the right one got there I sent the other two back   ...   they sent me a return fed/x label

just work it
                                                                                                             wts

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2008, 08:17:53 AM »

While on the subject of windsheids! Is the Kury sheild built by Klock, they sure look the same?  Thanks Doc

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2008, 08:24:30 AM »

and the new

WTS Looks like that foam you use on the fairing may give the shield more rize height. Is that it ?   Thanks Doc

wts

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2008, 10:42:53 AM »

I don't think so   ...    when I bought the clearview, it came with a piece of foam like

the one you see now   ...   didn't like the looks of the clearview, but did like

way the foam worked   ...    so

I bought myself a piece of foam strip and used it on the klock werks   ...   but not

knowing the exact curvature I mount the foam to the seam in the fairing,

not the plexiglass   ...    when I got the new shield I didn't even change the foam

Hope that's clear
                                                                                                thx
                                                                                                wts

wts

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2008, 10:45:40 AM »

P.S.   if you set both the new and the old windshield on a flat surface ( ie. a desk )

and measure vertical to the desk, the new one is taller

thx
                                                                                     wts

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2008, 12:30:07 PM »

Hey folks ,
Vic Briggs from Klock Werks just have sent me the message that the new 16" flare will be out in about 4-6 weeks .
Do you think it is worth to wait or order the Clearview Medium .
Hmmm ???????

Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2009, 08:59:23 PM »

I went out and tried to duplicate your measurements on my bike.  ;) It looks like the new version isn't going to work for me either. My flip up screen sits farther back than your. I beleive it will make contact with the windshield.

2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2009, 06:21:49 AM »

Now fella's, this is the second time I've heard of and seen the Flip Up Screen. WTF is that all about?
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2009, 07:27:21 AM »

Now fella's, this is the second time I've heard of and seen the Flip Up Screen. WTF is that all about?
It places the Navigation right in front of you, or in my case in my one ear! IMO it is cleaner looking than a portable unit mounted to the handlebars. Than add that my 01 radio was limited at best so when replacing it why not upgrade a little?!.

Rear view camera also.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2009, 07:30:08 AM »

A pioneer . Radio including GPS ?
How is the handling with the navigation ?
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2009, 07:30:43 AM »

So, Its a whole different radio
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 21 queries.