Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Windshield Headache  (Read 4406 times)

elmo

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
Windshield Headache
« on: April 13, 2009, 03:05:09 PM »

I've read all the posts on the different windshields out there for our bikes. I had a KW 12" put on right after I bought the bike and hated it so it was returned. I read with great interest Doc's review of the CB 14" and 15" windshields. His review pretty much sold me on the CB but I am now wondering which one. I am 6'3" and when sitting on a stock RG with a stock shield I have no trouble seeing over it, it hits me about the chin. If you measure the stock windshield it is 16". So I wonder if I should get the CB 15" or 16". I realize my stock seat is a tad lower than the stock seat but I will be upgrading to something with more padding for my long trips. So the headache continues.......  :freak:

Greg

PS... Then a recent read where someone totally hats the CB! I will still go with the CB because it was designed with the stock CVO gasket in mind.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
Re: Windshield Headache
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 03:12:27 PM »

The CB is bullchit - just my 2 Cents.
 throw away your bucks , you have the same result , worse than stock . But try it , you could have mine , a CB15" dark , i am 6.1 , turbulences all over , removed it and put on the stock one ( that is better ).
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 03:26:32 PM »

Elmo, Im still looking, Tried the KW and hated it worst shield ever encountered, only rode it seven miles, ClearView tall was great for wind protection and clarity, I could not get used to the look, My CB 14 in  has considerable turbulance above 60 mph somewhat better then the KW but not nearly as good as the CV, The new Kuryakyn RG shield looks promising but im waiting for feedback from another member who ordered one, don't be in a hurry to buy a CB just yet, I was one of the first purchasers and got a substantial discount, if I had paid MSRP I would be very umnhappy.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 03:27:30 PM »

I've read all the posts on the different windshields out there for our bikes. I had a KW 12" put on right after I bought the bike and hated it so it was returned. I read with great interest Doc's review of the CB 14" and 15" windshields. His review pretty much sold me on the CB but I am now wondering which one. I am 6'3" and when sitting on a stock RG with a stock shield I have no trouble seeing over it, it hits me about the chin. If you measure the stock windshield it is 16". So I wonder if I should get the CB 15" or 16". I realize my stock seat is a tad lower than the stock seat but I will be upgrading to something with more padding for my long trips. So the headache continues.......  :freak:

Greg

PS... Then a recent read where someone totally hats the CB! I will still go with the CB because it was designed with the stock CVO gasket in mind.
Search Clearview, Windvest, or a 2 ft CB :2vrolijk_21:
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 03:32:26 PM »

Elmo, Im still looking, Tried the KW and hated it worst shield ever encountered, only rode it seven miles, ClearView tall was great for wind protection and clarity, I could not get used to the look, My CB 14 in  has considerable turbulance above 60 mph somewhat better then the KW but not nearly as good as the CV, The new Kuryakyn RG shield looks promising but im waiting for feedback from another member who ordered one, don't be in a hurry to buy a CB just yet, I was one of the first purchasers and got a substantial discount, if I had paid MSRP I would be very umnhappy.

Well that sucks.  After reading everyone's reviews, I thought the CB 14 was the way to go and ordered one a few days before I picked up the bike.  I got an email from them saying their mold had been damaged and the shipment would be delayed.  I just got the shipping confirmation late last week and it is supposed to be here on Thursday.  I guess it won't be the first thing I ever bought that I didn't like or use...  :nixweiss:

Bob
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 03:34:08 PM »

If you're 6ft or taller, the 14 is too short

elmo

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 03:35:25 PM »

I have been considering just putting a stock clear windshield. It will give me time to figure out the best windshield for me. At least I know what to expect from a stock shield, it bites paying big bucks for a windshield that you don't like!  :sauer005:

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 03:37:02 PM »

If you're 6ft or taller, the 14 is too short

I'm 6'1" but longer legs than torso.

Bob
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 03:39:48 PM »

without using the I word, lets just say im 6ft with a 32. the 15 would be better for me

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 03:48:12 PM »

without using the I word, lets just say im 6ft with a 32. the 15 would be better for me

ok, we're about the same then, 33/34 here.
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 03:54:52 PM »

But I am waiting for my CV15. Man have I gone through some wellnuts on this.

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member
  • Utah, 2008 Best Trip Ever!

• CVO1: 03 SERK Purdue Gold & Black
    • CVO2: 09 SERG Silver & Black
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 03:59:52 PM »

I'm 6'2" with a 34" IS and have a Saddlemen seat that sits a little higher than stock.  The 15" CB is too short for me--16" would be better or 17" would probably be great, but they don't make it.  So I may go the Extra Large CV route.  May just put the stock one back on for now.

Steve

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 SE Fat Boy
    • CVO2: Blown 150HP 09 SE Road Glide
    • CVO3: No need to go further!
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 06:33:53 PM »

I spoke with Doug at WindVest and he has an interest adapting their wind shield to th CVO gasket. The recurve on the WinVest is supossed to to be good for a three inch lift of the air wave. I'll post further info :2vrolijk_21:
Doug Dober
WindVest Motorcycle Products
408-377-7323
877-370-7326 toll free
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 06:54:58 PM »

stock windshield too low
HD 2 inch over too high I am 5' 10"
tried the clear view and it worked great for me but the windscreen collapsed for my passenger.  if you are one up riding this was the best I have tried .  2 up not good.  can't remember the size I had before it was returned.
For whatever it's worth: At Az bike week CW was there and a guy was testing a taller windscreen for a RG.  He said it was a prototype.  You might call cw and see what the skinny is on the product.
Good luck   
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2009, 07:30:53 PM »

stock windshield too low
HD 2 inch over too high I am 5' 10"
tried the clear view and it worked great for me but the windscreen collapsed for my passenger.  if you are one up riding this was the best I have tried .  2 up not good.  can't remember the size I had before it was returned.
For whatever it's worth: At Az bike week CW was there and a guy was testing a taller windscreen for a RG.  He said it was a prototype.  You might call cw and see what the skinny is on the product.
Good luck   

CW  :nixweiss: Do you mean Klock Werks? Abbreviations are starting to get confusing.

KW = Klock Werks
  CB = Cee Bailey
  CV = Clearview

Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.