Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Windshield Headache  (Read 4403 times)

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Windshield Headache
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2009, 12:09:06 PM »

Well, I think my headache is over. Got my CV 15 light tint yesterday. Held up to the bike and said "ok, this could work" so I went about the install. Little tricky since I'm using the H-D chrome trim, ok, very tricky. But I got it. It's not as sporty as the KW or CB, but has a little flair, kinda like me. I sat on the bike and I still can see over the top fine. I measured from the instrument panel to the top edge of the shield, 13".
Larry, give us some feedback when you can.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2009, 12:24:02 PM »

Put my Clearview GT Med light grey tint on last week and WOW what a nice windshield. Quiet and I can just see over the top by about 1-2 inches depending on how I'm sitting. Thick and quality all the way. No sound or wind at all. Love it.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

09 S/T FLTRSE3

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 Silver/ Titanium FLTRSE3
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2009, 07:12:54 PM »

Well, I think my headache is over. Got my CV 15 light tint yesterday. Held up to the bike and said "ok, this could work" so I went about the install. Little tricky since I'm using the H-D chrome trim, ok, very tricky. But I got it. It's not as sporty as the KW or CB, but has a little flair, kinda like me. I sat on the bike and I still can see over the top fine. I measured from the instrument panel to the top edge of the shield, 13".

Hey Larry,

The CV shield looks great. Is that a "GT Large", or something custom?

Cheers, Ken  8)

09 S/T FLTRSE3

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 Silver/ Titanium FLTRSE3
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2009, 07:16:30 PM »

Put my Clearview GT Med light grey tint on last week and WOW what a nice windshield. Quiet and I can just see over the top by about 1-2 inches depending on how I'm sitting. Thick and quality all the way. No sound or wind at all. Love it.

Hey Indenial,

Could you post a pic or two. I'm considering buying the CV GT Medium. It would be great to see what one looks like.

Cheers, Ken  8)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 11:52:51 PM by 09 S/T FLTRISE3 »

Desert Dave

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2009, 12:08:55 AM »

Larry,

The CV 15 shield you just put on your bike, is that the CV GT-Medium, or GT Large?  I have the CV GT Stock Height on my SERG, and I do get some buffeting on the top of the helmet above 60 mph.  Might need to go up an inch or two on the shield height.  I'm 6' 0" with at 31" I word.

DD
2009 FLTRSE3 CVO - Black / Orange - Clear View 14" smoked windshield, Full size custom painted tour-pack. SERT, 1.75 inch Fullsacs. Wild 1 517's, lowers, RICOR rear shocks, and Intiminator's on the front.

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member
  • Utah, 2008 Best Trip Ever!

• CVO1: 03 SERK Purdue Gold & Black
    • CVO2: 09 SERG Silver & Black
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2009, 12:53:58 AM »

I am 6'1" and have 34 inch legs, and the CB14 is too short, I am thinking the CB 15 or maybe something else.

I love the looks of the CB14, just for a 300 to 500 mile day, I could not hand that much buffeting.

Dave,  or anyone else.  I just got in my 15" Cee Bailey's dark gray windshield and it's too short for me.  I had it on the bike for approx. 25 miles.  If you or anyone else needs a 15" dark one, send me an email and I'll give you a good price and ship it right away.    sdavis49  at   agristar.net
Steve
Steve

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2009, 01:57:18 AM »

without using the I word, lets just say im 6ft with a 32. the 15 would be better for me

Balls 2 ground...  :huepfenlol2:

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2009, 05:01:30 AM »

Now fellas, don't anyone drag the nads just to try out a windshield.
Anyway, Haven't rode this CV yet. Gotta a bike show this Sat and it's detail time, but will ride it to the show and it's 80mph +/
Mine is the Med light grey
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

elmo

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2009, 07:59:49 PM »

Well after much pain and thought, I just ordered a CV Medium windshield. John with CV told me the windshield comes with a clear coating on it so you can install it and try it out. If you don't like it just send it back no questions asked, which made me VERY happy. But if you take the coating off its yours. Just thought I would let you guys know if you order one of these things you can get your money back if you don't remove the cover (and don't like it).

I'll give you guys a full report when I get it installed. :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 08:03:46 PM by elmo »

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2009, 06:05:38 AM »

Well after much pain and thought, I just ordered a CV Medium windshield. John with CV told me the windshield comes with a clear coating on it so you can install it and try it out. If you don't like it just send it back no questions asked, which made me VERY happy. But if you take the coating off its yours. Just thought I would let you guys know if you order one of these things you can get your money back if you don't remove the cover (and don't like it).

I'll give you guys a full report when I get it installed. :2vrolijk_21:
I guarantee, you'll want to take of the protective coating, Unless you want to look like a dork.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

elmo

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2009, 08:23:19 AM »

I'll have to wear my full faced helmet so nobody will know it is me.  :coolblue:

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2009, 12:19:29 PM »

What happened to everyone?Please let us nknow what happened with the windshileds.Laary be i am 6'1 with 34 inseam shall i order 15 inch clear viuw? :drink:
Ridin Legend

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member
  • Utah, 2008 Best Trip Ever!

• CVO1: 03 SERK Purdue Gold & Black
    • CVO2: 09 SERG Silver & Black
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2009, 12:33:59 PM »

I sold my CB 15" as it was too short for me but I haven't got another to try yet.  I also had an  aftermarket seat that raised me up a little, I think so maybe the 15" would have worked with the stock seat. I'm  6'2" with 34 inseam but 16 or 17" would be better with what I have now.
Steve

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2009, 12:48:37 PM »

Thnx for quick reply :drink:
Ridin Legend

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2009, 02:09:44 PM »

I sold my CB 15" as it was too short for me but I haven't got another to try yet.  I also had an  aftermarket seat that raised me up a little, I think so maybe the 15" would have worked with the stock seat. I'm  6'2" with 34 inseam but 16 or 17" would be better with what I have now.

I also sold mine , 6.1 with 33 inse.... , signature seat , no BSR ride possible , too much turbulences .
I ordered the Windvest 12" , seems to have the strongest recurve and will see whether the look hurts me again , i hope not .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.