Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Author Topic: Too much orange up front  (Read 5886 times)

Big-T

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09" SERG O&B
Too much orange up front
« on: May 27, 2009, 11:51:50 AM »

I love the look of my new SERG from the side but the view from the seat is too much orange. I am thinking of taking a picture and having my daughter Photoshop me a black dash/orange handlebar cover and then just a black handlebar cover. I imagine I could buy the black handlebar cover pretty cheap and just leave it the flat black but I would want to get a black dash and have it painted. Anybody else think there is too much orange from the drivers seat? T.
Never too old to Rock N Roll but too young to die!

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
Re: Too much orange up front
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 12:12:30 PM »

This is the precisely the reason I couldn't bring myself to by an Orange/Black or Yellow/Charcoal SERG. It's the feeling that you're sitting in a veritable sea of orange (or yellow). Maybe a black inner fairing (and passibly instrument nacelle) would do the trick, but I can't say for sure.

My solution? Silver/Titanium SERG.  ;D

It's the fastest, anyway...  :orange: :mango: :apple: :pineapple:

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 12:15:05 PM »

hmmmm????

Big-T

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 12:16:51 PM »

There ya go. I think I might kinda like that. T.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 12:49:43 PM »

Big-T,

Forgive me for "pulling your chain" but....... have you considered looking down the road while driving?   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:  :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:  :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:

Seriously, it's totally subjective.  When I first got the yellow SERG, the inner fairing looked huge compared to my 04 RG which was black.  I suspect you'll get used to it as I did.  Good luck!

Greg

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 04:13:33 PM »

I love being blinded by all the yellow on mine! Being new to HD, I haven't spent a lot of time drooling over them close up... but when I was at the shop dropping mine off, I spent some time wandering the showroom, and looking at a standard RG, I couldn't get over how plain the cockpit (and the rest of the bike)  looked.

You could get away with changing the Bar cover and the rest of the cover attached to the bars... but IMHO, just doing the gloveboox doors or parts of the inner fairing would break up the overall effect. But then that is why there are so many option choices...

JasonDeezy

• Ride it 'til the wheels fall off...
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Orange you glad it's a CVO?...

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 O/B
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 04:30:17 PM »

Are you kidding me? I can't get enough of it! The ORANGE just POPS! When you're in the saddle and the sun is shining and the green flakes come out, Man! I love it...
King Tour Pack
Roland Sands Design Diesel Wheels 18"/21"
Klock Werks 21" Slicer Fender
Klock Werks 8" FLARE Black Windshield
Hawg Wired DCS/SX System
Cary Faas Racing (CFR) Slipons
Fullsac X-Pipe B
8" Yaffe OEM Monkey Bars & Power Mirrors
TTS Mastertune
Dakota Digital Gauges MCL-3006-R
Carl Brouhard Floorboards (Front & Rear)
   Brake Arm, Brake Pedal
   Heel & Toes Shifter (w/pegs), Shift Arm & Linkage
Kuryakyn License Plate Frame (#9182)
Arlen Ness Deep Cut Grips
Wheeldock EZ-Up Centerstand

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 05:06:35 PM »

Are you kidding me? I can't get enough of it! The ORANGE just POPS! When you're in the saddle and the sun is shining and the green flakes come out, Man! I love it...

Amen brother! I couldn't agree more! (except for that orange part... rofl)

Tunnels are awesome too... witht he lights swirling aronund the guage faces, it is almost hypnotyzing!   :bananarock:

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
    • CVO2: 2009 Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2003 Serk
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 05:08:30 PM »

8) Right there with you my friend. Just got mine SAturday and can't get enough of the Orange.  Also it is the fastest... :orange: :orange: :orange: :orange: :orange: :2vrolijk_21:

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 05:11:05 PM »

Amen brother! I couldn't agree more! (except for that orange part... rofl)

Tunnels are awesome too... witht he lights swirling aronund the guage faces, it is almost hypnotyzing!   :bananarock:

Geez! Doesn't anybody look at the road when they're riding? :ROFLOL:

TBird

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG O/B
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Annie (Traded)
    • CVO3: 05 Springer Classic
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 05:52:33 PM »

Orange is the way to go, can't get enough of that Orange glow.
"We might be divorced but your still my sister"

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 06:04:35 PM »

Once and for all, YELLOW is best, fastest, most distictive, classic and fastest!   That's fastest, twice.

:drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink: 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 06:06:10 PM by GregKhougaz »

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

04se103

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 06:07:06 PM »

Once and for all, YELLOW is best, fastest, most distictive, classic and fastest!   That's fastest, twice.

:drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink: 
    Nuff Said  :2vrolijk_21:

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 06:17:34 PM »

+1   :2vrolijk_21:

RYANCVO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 O/B SE ROADGLIDE
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 06:24:27 PM »

put sunglasses on. takes care of the glare!! black dashes are for stock bikes!!!

Tony Smith

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE
    • CVO3: 2019 FLHXSE
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 07:42:52 PM »

Orange is for 70's hot rods, not collector Harley's.  Having said that, I almost bought the Orange one but my girlfriend pulled my leash and said NO!  :(
2019 FLHXSE Black Forest/Wineberry
2017 FLHXSE Black/Orange FOR SALE
2012 FLTRU Black SOLD
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver SOLD
2007 FXSTC Black Cherry/Pewter SOLD
1988 Suzuki Katana 750 SOLD
1994 Kawasaki KX250 SOLD
1974 Honda 500 (crashed and left in a ditch somewhere)

UFO_HOG

• Good Guys Wear Black
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 08:10:07 PM »

And by looking at all the beers you've had, I could understand how you might feel that way. But, you know orange is always faster, that's why Harley paints the race bikes that color..... :huepfenlol2:
You gotta be smart enough to understand the rules of motorcycling, and dumb enough to think the game's important.

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 08:38:10 PM »

Orange is for 70's hot rods, not collector Harley's.  Having said that, I almost bought the Orange one but my girlfriend pulled my leash and said NO!  :(

You must have a short "leash"   :jester:

2009FLTRSE3

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 08:53:52 PM »

i always thought people bought silver cars because they were the only color left on a lot after a big sale.  :oops:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009, 09:08:03 PM »

i always thought people bought silver cars because they were the only color left on a lot after a big sale.  :oops:

Be careful!

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :nervous:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 09:10:43 PM »

:2vrolijk_20: :lolk: :znotworthy: :ROFLOL:

07street

• Full CVO Member
    • http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t18/04mastiff/
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 09:17:19 PM »

damn,,,, now that was funny !!!!!!!!!!

Weasels

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 10:18:49 PM »

I also thought that there is to much orange when I first bought the bike. Now all I notice is that the black ones are real plain. Don't even notice the orange when I'm riding and when it's parked it looks great.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 11:08:41 PM »

Got a question for the 'd00d.  Is it not correct that the official Harley colors are black and orange?  I don't remember it being silver or yellow or any other sissy color. 

BTW, just because it's the official color doesn't make it fastest.  That would still be the RED ONES! ;D

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2009, 07:20:19 AM »

Got a question for the 'd00d.  Is it not correct that the official Harley colors are black and orange?  I don't remember it being silver or yellow or any other sissy color. 

BTW, just because it's the official color doesn't make it fastest.  That would still be the RED ONES! ;D

Jerry
I'll have to agree w/that....

at least half of your post. ;) :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2009, 07:30:00 AM »

ok, you went and did it, used the sissy word, to that my friend I say  :sauer021:
while at ES, HDBrads wife saw my bike and and told him " you should've gotten the Silver". score one for Silver
When someone says the color of the orange or yellow one they give the full color description, but to us, It's Silver.
the orange looks like the great pumpkin, charlie brown. the yellow looks like the "short bus". but of the owners of those two Colors want to  :sauer024: then fine. But which one is on the cover of the magazine, nuff said.
I would not have gone there until I saw the S word, then off come the gloves.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 08:01:02 AM by LarryB »
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2009, 08:38:55 AM »

ok, you went and did it, used the sissy word, to that my friend I say  :sauer021:
while at ES, HDBrads wife saw my bike and and told him " you should've gotten the Silver". score one for Silver
When someone says the color of the orange or yellow one they give the full color description, but to us, It's Silver.
the orange looks like the great pumpkin, charlie brown. the yellow looks like the "short bus". but of the owners of those two Colors want to  :sauer024: then fine. But which one is on the cover of the magazine, nuff said.

Sorry Larry, but silver is what we used to paint the cars in the factory when we ran low on the good colors.  And I assume the reason the silver one was on the cover of the magazine was that all the other colors were sold out and they only had silver sitting around.

Jerry  ;)
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2009, 09:43:26 AM »

Oh I remember that comment. HDBrad looked truely wounded.  :'( Then looked around saw there were witnesses so he took no action!  ;D

Silver does make a nice accent color. And Black plain??? No wonder you go by Weasels.

JW

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2009, 10:25:44 AM »

Here's what I did to break it up alittle!

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2009, 10:44:30 AM »

I love yellow motorcycles.My fatboy is also yellow and i had a yellow sportster.I had a black VRSCR and a blue goldwing that i sold but if i couldve get them in yellow id rather have them yellow as well.I love the open space effect that it creates its seems like theres acres of room in front of me while im riding.
Well what can i say i love yellow ones and Mickey also had a few of them at one time heres the link.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1622951/harley_f_cking_davidson_u_s_a/
Ridin Legend

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2009, 11:25:28 AM »

This is the precisely the reason I couldn't bring myself to by an Orange/Black or Yellow/Charcoal SERG. It's the feeling that you're sitting in a veritable sea of orange (or yellow). Maybe a black inner fairing (and passibly instrument nacelle) would do the trick, but I can't say for sure.

My solution? Silver/Titanium SERG.  ;D

It's the fastest, anyway...  :orange: :mango: :apple: :pineapple:

I fully agree with you.  It is the fastest, and classiest.

That would have been fun to see.

I have yet to see a silver owner saying their is too much silver up front :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Tony Smith

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE
    • CVO3: 2019 FLHXSE
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2009, 06:35:18 PM »

I own a silver SERG and I wouldn't mind seeing some of the granite (lower color) in the faring/gauge area somewhere - I think it would look cool.  On a side note, what was HD thinking when they designed the brushed aluminum gauges?   :oops:  Guess they didn't test drive this idea on a sunny day.
2019 FLHXSE Black Forest/Wineberry
2017 FLHXSE Black/Orange FOR SALE
2012 FLTRU Black SOLD
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver SOLD
2007 FXSTC Black Cherry/Pewter SOLD
1988 Suzuki Katana 750 SOLD
1994 Kawasaki KX250 SOLD
1974 Honda 500 (crashed and left in a ditch somewhere)

Dragon42

• Full CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2009, 07:13:41 PM »

Dude: I hope she is really hot.

Dragon42

• Full CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2009, 07:18:32 PM »

Sorry Larry, but silver is what we used to paint the cars in the factory when we ran low on the good colors.  And I assume the reason the silver one was on the cover of the magazine was that all the other colors were sold out and they only had silver sitting around.

Jerry  ;)

This is true.  After they used the Orange one for the main brochure and web site picture, they couldn't keep one around for other photo ops. 

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2009, 07:53:20 AM »

Yellow is the rarest and the most beatiful :drink:
Ridin Legend

sem_bunda

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 Electric Orange
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2009, 10:19:03 AM »

The orange is what makes it classy IMO.  It keeps me awake at night too, and even the add-on icons on the CVO forum can't get enough of the orange.. :pumpkin: :orange:.   :carrot: :2vrolijk_21:

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2009, 05:24:38 PM »

The picture says it all

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2009, 05:33:46 PM »

Yes.... she's blonde (yellow)  !!!! 

Sawyer Brown

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2009, 05:42:27 PM »

she has Hair?

DaveL

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI Orange/Blk (sold)
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSEI Orange/Blk (stolen)
    • CVO3: 2011 FLTRUSE - Rio Red
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2009, 09:49:26 AM »

The Orange is so sweet looking in the sun shine in my not so humble opinion!  But man, I do have issue with the sun spots reflecting off dash gauges background, mainly tach & speedo I think is what is doing it; obviously partly due to the bright orange surround but after some recent rides with the bright sun at my back (yea, just started getting that here in Northwest!) it has me looking to try some type of anti-glare on the tach/speedo.   The cool looking background HD used is like a magnifying glass when sun hits it straight on.   My search for some type of antiglare has begun.
yea, yea, I know  put sunglasses on... I do but when in the twisties and pumping around them corners w/eyes on the road ahead sure does hamper the quick vision all's I saying - Ride Hard or Stay Home :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 10:01:58 PM by eaglethumper »

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2009, 10:13:32 AM »

Geez! Doesn't anybody look at the road when they're riding? :ROFLOL:

I was riding with a friend who had a yellow one and another with a silver SERG3 and you know every where we went all anyone could say is how frickin amazing the ORANGE glide was ! so the moral of this "story" if you dont ride Orange you just dont understand !!  I couldnt even imagine changing my dash.  :huepfenjump3: :bananarock: :huepfenlol2:
a.k.a  Dent Dude

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2009, 11:10:59 AM »

And that my friends, is the reason for the Color Wheel.  Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

FLHTCUSE

• Junior CVO Member
  • Its cold

• CVO1: Road Glide FLTRSE 2009 an FXDWG3
    • CVO2: 81 FXEF, 84 FXWG, 84 FLH Police, 83 FLH Classic,
    • CVO3: 79 FXE, 78 1/2 FLH 75th, 84 FXB, 02 FLSTS
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2009, 11:32:27 AM »

put sunglasses on. takes care of the glare!! black dashes are for stock bikes!!!
Not for all stock bikes :verfsmile:

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2009, 09:24:21 PM »

No such thing as too much!

My 1000 mile photo op

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2009, 07:41:47 AM »

No such thing as too much!

My 1000 mile photo op

hey Crusty, what kind of camera and lense o you use.

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2009, 07:47:56 AM »

hey Crusty, what kind of camera and lense o you use.

I finally stopped messing around with point & shoots and bought a Nikon D80. The lens is the Nikor 18-55mm that came with the camera.

Roadsnake

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2009, 11:02:45 PM »

I painted the speedo/tach housing and the rest of the plastic down the forks gloss black and it is a great improvement.Bought new parts prior to painting so I still have originals.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2009, 07:30:00 AM »

I painted the speedo/tach housing and the rest of the plastic down the forks gloss black and it is a great improvement.Bought new parts prior to painting so I still have originals.
:worthless:

Big-T

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2009, 07:35:31 AM »

Where's the pics?

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2009, 11:18:55 AM »

I finally stopped messing around with point & shoots and bought a Nikon D80. The lens is the Nikor 18-55mm that came with the camera.

Im looking for the map where it shows where you have ridden..
a.k.a  Dent Dude

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2009, 11:24:05 AM »

viaton

• Rockin' in Hellsinki
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2006 FLSTFSE²
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2009, 01:33:46 AM »

Yellow is the rarest and the most beatiful :drink:

First part very true, second part ehhh.....  ;)

laynlow

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2009, 06:27:03 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Black and Orange the official color for Harley Davidson?

Why change anything on these bikes?

I've got your solution. .  . buy a black RG, put a couple of orange, yellow or grey parts on it, then a couple of Screaming Eagle parts and there you go. Now you have a bike that looks exactly the way you want it, problem solved!

IMHO - Each version looks great just the way they are, HD did it right this time!  :2vrolijk_21:

Big-T

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2009, 11:04:28 AM »

Ok my daughter Photoshopped it, in a hurry. I don'yt like it. I think I will stick with stock. My wife says it looks like a smiley face. Maybe it would look better with black gauges. T.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 11:06:09 AM by Big-T »

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2009, 11:15:18 AM »

maybe chrome speaker grill covers, and the chrome trim from Kury for the gauges. knock down the color a bit but don't get away from it.
Send your bike to me, give me a week, I'll run it through the hood, and Viola', it'll be the shizzle.

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2009, 11:36:13 AM »

You guys crack me up... a thread this long about which color is better?   :juggle2:  :beatdeadhorse:

here is something to think about:
a few years ago, research was done on what color car was the safest or least likely to be involved in a crash...  :verfsmile:

The result by a large margin was:

SILVER!    :vrolijk27:

That's right, other colors were not even close... So, why silver? They didn't say, but I think it sunconciously reminds people of "METAL" and no one wants an impact with metal... 
 :drummer:
jimbob

Big-T

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2009, 12:07:28 PM »

You guys crack me up... a thread this long about which color is better?   :juggle2:  :beatdeadhorse:

here is something to think about:
a few years ago, research was done on what color car was the safest or least likely to be involved in a crash...  :verfsmile:

The result by a large margin was:

SILVER!    :vrolijk27:

That's right, other colors were not even close... So, why silver? They didn't say, but I think it sunconciously reminds people of "METAL" and no one wants an impact with metal...  
 :drummer:
jimbob

Who woke you up from your nap? Go back to sleep. T.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 01:15:53 PM by Big-T »

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2009, 01:03:14 PM »

:soapbox:  GtreetSlide,

Pardon me for doubing the "study" you cite, so I checked.  Consider the James Dean Porsche Speedster (silver).  Silver blends in too much.  Most new fire and emergency vehicles come in yellow or lime for better night time visibility. YET:  In 2004, team of New Zealand epidemiologists has published a two-year study of crash data compiled in their homeland, and the results say occupants of silver cars are less likely to be involved in injury accidents than those riding in cars of another color.

The British Medical Journal reported, silver cars were 60 percent less likely to be involved in a serious injury than the control group--white cars. Even when the adjustments for confounding variables were removed from the data, silver cars were still 50 percent less likely to be involved in a serious injury accident than white.  (http://www.drivers.com/article/707/)     

On the other hand:   See, (http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/fascinating-facts/safe-vehicle-colours.html)  Studies in the United States found that US Postal vehicles painted red, white and blue were involved in 27% fewer crashes than postal vehicles painted drab olive. The red, white and blue vehicles were involved in 622 crashes while the olive vehicles were involved in 849 crashes.

Daimler-Benz undertook research (before flourescent paints were used) that concluded that white was the easiest colour to be seen. White rated 86% in their tests while black, dark red and dark blue rated 4%.

Many people think that particular colours are safer because they are more visible but it isn’t as simple as that.  The visibility of cars depends on the weather, road conditions the landscape and the time of day.  Generally bright and brilliant colours are much better than dark colours because they reflect a lot more light and can be seen from up to four times the distance of vehicles painted a dark colour.

The US National Safety Council defined the safest colour as "one that is highly visible in the widest range of lighting, weather and vision conditions."  The Safety Council noted that white is the most visible colour in uniform lighting, but it has low visibility on a light coloured road in bright sunlight and in snow and fog.

A University of California study3 found that the colour of an approaching car influences the driver’s judgement about how far away it is. Blue and yellow made distant objects seem closest. The grey shades made objects seem further away.

Colours of cars registered in New Zealand in 2004:
White   453,585 
Blue     451,659 
Red      405,943
Silver   306,020 
Green   306,020 
Grey    233,502 
Black   139,662
Gold    73,091 
Brown  60,927 
Yellow  23,719 
Purple  23,666 
Cream  17,248 
Orange  8,665 
Pink      8,345 
Total 2,576,249

Research has also shown that:
Red cars are more likely to be found exceeding the speed limit
Australians prefer white cars
Silver cars hide the most dirt and red cars show the most dirt
Silver is a popular colour in Germany
Cars painted in metallic paint often cost more because metallic paint is harder to match when a car is being repaired.
Black cars are not popular in hot climates
White is considered a sensible car colour and is often used for fleet cars
Porche made blue cars because they stood out in the European winters
The latest fashion is "Harlequin" paint that changes shade depending on the light and the angle of viewing. It costs $1200 per litre.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:nixweiss:   :nixweiss:   :nixweiss:   :nixweiss:   :nixweiss:   :nixweiss:   :nixweiss:   :nixweiss:       

Sawyer Brown

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2009, 04:42:13 PM »

Pardon me for doubing the "study" you cite, so I checked.  Consider the James Dean Porsche Speedster (silver).  Silver blends in too much.  Most new fire and emergency vehicles come in yellow or lime for better night time visibility. YET:  In 2004, team of New Zealand epidemiologists has published a two-year study of crash data compiled in their homeland, and the results say occupants of silver cars are less likely to be involved in injury accidents than those riding in cars of another color.

The British Medical Journal reported, silver cars were 60 percent less likely to be involved in a serious injury than the control group--white cars. Even when the adjustments for confounding variables were removed from the data, silver cars were still 50 percent less likely to be involved in a serious injury accident than white.  (http://www.drivers.com/article/707/)     

On the other hand:   See, (http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/fascinating-facts/safe-vehicle-colours.html)  Studies in the United States found that US Postal vehicles painted red, white and blue were involved in 27% fewer crashes than postal vehicles painted drab olive. The red, white and blue vehicles were involved in 622 crashes while the olive vehicles were involved in 849 crashes.

Daimler-Benz undertook research (before flourescent paints were used) that concluded that white was the easiest colour to be seen. White rated 86% in their tests while black, dark red and dark blue rated 4%.

Many people think that particular colours are safer because they are more visible but it isn’t as simple as that.  The visibility of cars depends on the weather, road conditions the landscape and the time of day.  Generally bright and brilliant colours are much better than dark colours because they reflect a lot more light and can be seen from up to four times the distance of vehicles painted a dark colour.

The US National Safety Council defined the safest colour as "one that is highly visible in the widest range of lighting, weather and vision conditions."  The Safety Council noted that white is the most visible colour in uniform lighting, but it has low visibility on a light coloured road in bright sunlight and in snow and fog.

A University of California study3 found that the colour of an approaching car influences the driver’s judgement about how far away it is. Blue and yellow made distant objects seem closest. The grey shades made objects seem further away.

White   453,585 
Blue     451,659 
Red      405,943
Silver   306,020 
Green   306,020 
Grey    233,502 
Black   139,662
Gold    73,091 
Brown  60,927 
Yellow  23,719 
Purple  23,666 
Cream  17,248 
Orange  8,665 
Pink      8,345 
Total 2,576,249

Cars painted in metallic paint often cost more because metallic paint is harder to match when a car is being repaired.
The latest fashion is "Harlequin" paint that changes shade depending on the light and the angle of viewing. It costs $1200 per litre.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:nixweiss:   :nixweiss:   :nixweiss:   :nixweiss:   :nixweiss:   :nixweiss:   :nixweiss:   :nixweiss:       

GOOD JOB!!!

Both my bikes are Blue, LOL...

jb

Vic S

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road Glide Custom
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2009, 04:53:20 PM »

White   453,585 
Blue     451,659 
Red      405,943
Silver   306,020 
Green   306,020 
Grey    233,502 
Black   139,662
Gold    73,091 
Brown  60,927 
Yellow  23,719 
Purple  23,666 
Cream  17,248 
Orange  8,665 
Pink      8,345 
Total 2,576,249

Great reply, Greg.

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2009, 10:48:55 PM »

White   453,585 
Blue     451,659 
Red      405,943
Silver   306,020 
Green   306,020 
Grey    233,502 
Black   139,662
Gold    73,091 
Brown  60,927 
Yellow  23,719 
Purple  23,666 
Cream  17,248 
Orange  8,665 
Pink      8,345 
Total 2,576,249

Great reply, Greg.

You just say that because yours is Orange...

sem_bunda

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 Electric Orange
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2009, 05:45:27 PM »

Greg, IMO any "study" that uses an extra letter in a word (i.e., colour) probably was done across the pond.  Since they drive on the wrong side of the road over there, those results are probably the opposite here in the US of A.   :carrot: :orange: :2vrolijk_21:

Big-T

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2009, 06:44:37 PM »

Greg, IMO any "study" that uses an extra letter in a word (i.e., colour) probably was done across the pond.  Since they drive on the wrong side of the road over there, those results are probably the opposite here in the US of A.   :carrot: :orange: :2vrolijk_21:

You're probably right. I never thought of that. T.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Page created in 0.394 seconds with 21 queries.