Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tour packs?  (Read 3434 times)

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
Tour packs?
« on: November 13, 2005, 01:16:25 AM »

Does the Road glide have its own tour pack? I'm trying to buy a tour pack that was on a 2000 SE Road Glide. Its just a chopped tour pack right? I mean, they didnt have a different one for Road Glides and Electra Glides? Also, does the quick disconnect rack fit both models as well? I dont see any mention of it in the HD catalogue. Thanks for all your help.
CVO rules!
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Tour packs?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 02:46:28 AM »

CVO, a tour pak is a tour pak is a tour pak.  As long as the vintage isn't too old so that it's the old shape you're good.  The detachable hardware kits are for all touring models interchangeably.  I think the fitment on those is 1994 and newer.  So they've been the same for a lot of years.

One thing to notice if you go collecting detachable hardware.  The detachable rack itself changed from 04 to 05.  You could use either.  Unless you just get a good deal on the older one try to get an 05 version.

sqrrl24

• Full CVO Member
  • Lead follow or get out of the way!!!!

• CVO1: 05 seeg yellow
    • CVO2: 04 seeg org/blk
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 08:00:48 AM »

CVO, Yes it will fit if it is from a SE Road Glide. I have 3 buddies with SE Road glides and I used one of there's on my  [smiley=pumpkin.gif]. Two lane is right they are the old detachable mount.
05 SEEG White Bros 2-1,RT,SE/AC[smiley=banana.gif]
04 SEEG Rineharts Thundermax, Zippers AC  [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
02 FATBOY

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 10:56:18 AM »

One thing to consider is the antenna hookup.  Since the RG has a radio you will want the antenna base and cable.  For example, if you buy one from a Road King it won't have it.  
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 05:59:29 PM »

Does the Road glide have its own tour pack? I'm trying to buy a tour pack that was on a 2000 SE Road Glide. Its just a chopped tour pack right? I mean, they didnt have a different one for Road Glides and Electra Glides? Also, does the quick disconnect rack fit both models as well? I dont see any mention of it in the HD catalogue. Thanks for all your help.
CVO rules!

The diffrence between 01 and 00 is the wireing harness 01 had the factory CD changer.The racks are the same.

OTIS [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 11:16:23 AM »

The only thing that turned out to be different is the antenna. My antenna whip from the 04 SEEG wouldnt thread onto the stud. I bought the relocation kit at the tune of 100 bucks and found a piece to be missing.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 05:37:06 PM »

You know, I've been giving this some thought. If the MoCo was smart they'd make at least an Ultra Claasic version of the Road Glide (A bunch of us are waiting for another CVO Road Glide) And if they did, it would need it's own tour-pak since the fairing is so different from the Electra Glide. So here's my advice, find a old (really old ) King Tour-pak. I had one once that was about 6 inches wider and another 2 or 3 inches front to back than the current models. It was almost as wide as the saddlebags and went from crowding the passenger to way the hell beyond the rear fender. It had the coolest rails on the top and around the sides. I got it from an old dude up the street in Maine who had had like 8 heart surgeries and had to quit riding. He had bought it new in 1960 or so. Find yourself one of these and fit it to a 2004 or older tour-pak rack, have it painted to match and you'd have a tour-pak that would not only look like it belonged with the fairing on the front, but would hold a bejesus amount of STUFF

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 07:05:19 PM »

My bud has a tour pak like that, massive - from the early 70's I think, he has it on his 2000 FLH. Your right it is huge with a huge rack that he straps a 40qt cooler on when we hit the trail for a long weekend. He is fitting a latemodel tourpak to the bike this year and will be selling this one, I'll post it on here when he gets to it.
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 08:26:14 PM »

CVOwner
              There you go, wait a bit and stay in touch with ceej   with a little bit of work, you can have the most outrageous RG around  

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.