Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Problem with Downloading Naviextras GPS Update Using Boombox Version 1.21.2.1  (Read 3530 times)

robinswl

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited, FLHTKSE

I am trying to update my Naviextra maps on my 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Ultra Classic. The screen flashes on and off with the message, "Software Update - Please Wait" where it is on for about eight seconds and off for about five seconds. I have been waiting a couple of hours (I have the battery on a tender) and it finally shuts down. I turn it back on again and get the same message. If I remove the USB stick, it requests that I reinsert it. It is stuck in this mode and I don't know how to terminate it. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 02:48:08 PM by robinswl »

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Need to Terminate Software Update
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 03:50:21 PM »

This is a new one. Your infotainment system, however, is a computer. So I have a suggestion. Pull the stick and turn the mic off. Pull your left side cover and locate the main fuse. Turn the main switch back on and pull the fuse. This prevents your alarm from going off. Pulling the fuse will reset your bikes computers such as they are. Turn the bike off before reinserting the main fuse. Let me know if that helps! The reason I make the suggestion is that many infotainment issues can be solved by this procedure.

Via Tapatalk

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 03:51:19 PM »

Turn "bike" off. Not "mic."

Via Tapatalk

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

robinswl

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 05:02:40 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion. I pulled the fuse following the procedure that you outlined and waited about thirty seconds before replacing it. I powered it back up and, unfortunately, got the same message. Any other ideas?

robinswl

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 06:21:14 PM »

Figured out what was wrong. I  was trying to update the GPS map software. It was trying to update the boombox software and it wasn't on the stick. Now I'm reinstalling the latest boombox software again so I can get it out of this mode.

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 02:38:11 AM »

Damn! I hate when that happens. That's why we're not professional mechanics. I'm glad to hear that you figured it out.

Sawyer Brown

robinswl

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 12:52:43 PM »

At first I thought it was something I was doing wrong. I may not be a mechanic but I wrote a lot of software in my time and I know my way around computers and electronic systems. Unfortunately I don't have much that is good that I can say about the Naviextras experience that I am going through so I will just leave it at that. I am trying to download the Naviextras latest GPS mapping software. When I say yes to the prompt asking me if I want to download the software, that's when it hangs. All I had on the USB memory stick was what I downloaded from the Naviextras tool. The only way to get out of that mode is to place the Boombox_6.5GT download onto the USB stick and re-download the Boombox software. I am running the latest version of the Boombox software (version 1.21.2.1). I have been unable to update my Naviextras GPS update. Has anyone else successfully updated their GPS maps using version 1.21.2.1? Meanwhile I am still using the 2013 GPS maps and I am unable to download an updated version. The USB stick I am using is the one that came with the motorcycle. Maybe I should try another one?

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 01:02:12 PM »

At first I thought it was something I was doing wrong. I may not be a mechanic but I wrote a lot of software in my time and I know my way around computers and electronic systems. Unfortunately I don't have much that is good that I can say about the Naviextras experience that I am going through so I will just leave it at that. I am trying to download the Naviextras latest GPS mapping software. When I say yes to the prompt asking me if I want to download the software, that's when it hangs. All I had on the USB memory stick was what I downloaded from the Naviextras tool. The only way to get out of that mode is to place the Boombox_6.5GT download onto the USB stick and re-download the Boombox software. I am running the latest version of the Boombox software (version 1.21.2.1). I have been unable to update my Naviextras GPS update. Has anyone else successfully updated their GPS maps using version 1.21.2.1? Meanwhile I am still using the 2013 GPS maps and I am unable to download an updated version. The USB stick I am using is the one that came with the motorcycle. Maybe I should try another one?

Have you got the "finger print" from your boom? check out this thread, I had no problem updating my map using this thread;

https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=109498.0

2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

robinswl

• Junior CVO Member

Yes. I did my research. The manual is useless. The process I am using is from the information I obtained from this site. I changed out the USB stick and repeated the process. I have the same screen as described in my original post. It is orange. At the Top it says, "Software Update". Below it the message says, "Please Wait". It's been doing that for two hours now...

robinswl

• Junior CVO Member

It finally turned itself off. I'm suspecting it is a problem with the Boombox Version 1.21.2.1 software. Has anyone else successfully downloaded the Naviextras update using that version? I am re-downloading version 1.21.2.1 again...

DCC

• Junior CVO Member
    • IA

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTKSE3 Stardust Silver Canyon Copper
    • CVO2: 2016 FLHTKSE Phantom Blue Palladium Silver
    • CVO3: 2023 FLTKXSE Dark Platinum

This sounds a lot like the problems some of us had getting the new dealer updates installed after installing version 1.21.2.1.  What you might try is going back to the previous version (1.21.0.4), then installing your maps and finally going to the most recent boom box software.  I, as well as others, when we installed 1.21.2.1 and followed that with the dealer updates, the radio would hang in a continuous loop.  So it appears something is amiss with this latest software FWIW.
DCC - 2023 FLTKXSE, 2016 FLHTKSE, 2008 FLHX,

robinswl

• Junior CVO Member

I hate making idle accusations so I downloaded Version 1.19.2 (which I conveniently had in my download file) and tried again. The Naviextras software appears to be downloading without a problem. I never made it this far with Version 1.21.2.1.  So much for quality control...I spent a lot of my time trying to figure this one out.

DCC

• Junior CVO Member
    • IA

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTKSE3 Stardust Silver Canyon Copper
    • CVO2: 2016 FLHTKSE Phantom Blue Palladium Silver
    • CVO3: 2023 FLTKXSE Dark Platinum

:2vrolijk_21:
DCC - 2023 FLTKXSE, 2016 FLHTKSE, 2008 FLHX,

luca65

• CVO1: '16 FLHXSE
    • My longer trips with the Harley

Boombox Software Version 1.21.3 (Sept. 2017) seems to have fixed this problem.
Fixes:
• Radio software is in a reboot loop while updating
of the map database, intercontinental replacement or
intercontinental recovery procedure.
• Radio software jams and locks while updating
from database for dealer locations.
One life, live it

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded

Jeez seems like no one can get these software updates correct. Apple had two real quick fixes right after releasing IOS 11. Seems like we’re all beta testers these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.